• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Games: 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
QDdsjAahor7rMgJQrYbNHj-1200-80.jpg

West ham had a poor season by Liverpool standards..by west ham standards it's their best in fucking years. An actual fucking European trophy, that guarantees something that Chelsea dont even have next year

I don't understand the negativity.

Surely, surely.. everyone telling you your objective is wrong, should make you reconsider your stance.
There is no right or wrong here really, it’s all a subjective take. Some fans would rather win pretend trophies and never compete for major honours, I would rather never win pretend trophies and always compete for major honours, as I said Liverpool FC gained it’s rich tradition and history from events played at FA cup and CL finals and beating off sportswashing cheats to win their first league title in 30 years. Tell me when we won the intertoto or cup winners cup?

West ham had a poor season by Liverpool standards..by west ham standards it's their best in fucking years. An actual fucking European trophy, that guarantees something that Chelsea dont even have next year

I don't understand the negativity.
They’re best in half a century and most fans life time. Fair fucks to them, even Rice the prick!

Tell me when we won the intertoto or cup winners cup?

We never competed in the intertoto as far as I am aware because we rarely needed to, but it was primarily a route into the UEFA Cup, so it wasn't entirely worthless. If we had had to compete in it, I would have wanted us to win it.

Regarding the Cup Winners Cup, we never won it, but we did try to win it whenever we were in it! You said before that you liked the FA Cup, so why would you disregard the European trophy that was associated with it?

Back in the day, the Cup Winners Cup was actually considered better than the UEFA Cup, and we won the UEFA Cup a good few times.

Just like there's the EFL Trophy (won by Bolton this season) for League 1 and 2 clubs (+ some EPL & Championship U21 teams involved), it's good that there's a European competition for "smaller clubs" to compete in (esp. for their fans). Can't think of any "miracles" apart from the 03/04 CL Finals involving Porto and Monaco (and with all the money pumped in at the top clubs, it's only going to be even more difficult).

😛

🙂

I’m sorry but wha? 😱😱

We’re in this game to compete for the best of the best, the only way you have a chance to do that in Europe is to finish in the top 4.

So you’d be happy for 10 times out of 10 to win 10x 3rd rate replica intertoto cups no one cares about than qualify for the CL 10 straight seasons with the chance of winning 1 or 2? Maybe more?
Most teams fail at the first hurdle in the CL and then go on to fail in the EL. Nobody remembers they made the Top 4 other than as a statistic. Winning a trophy, no matter how Tin Cup, is something that everyone, not just their own supporters, will remember. I still remember Leeds, Arsenal and Newcastle winning the Fairs Cup!

Most teams fail at the first hurdle in the CL and then go on to fail in the EL. Nobody remembers they made the Top 4 other than as a statistic. Winning a trophy, no matter how Tin Cup, is something that everyone, not just their own supporters, will remember. I still remember Leeds, Arsenal and Newcastle winning the Fairs Cup!

I do get that but even still I’d rather be that Valencia or Porto or Dortmund or Atleti that keeps trying until you get there, I see these 3rd rate competitions as being rewarded for failure. When you win one CL, you are amongst the elite. You can win as many fairs cup or Europa conferences as you like, you will never be seen as anything above average. If a club like Dundalk or Idk Motherwell won it….they you’d say fair enough.

I do get that but even still I’d rather be that Valencia or Porto or Dortmund or Atleti that keeps trying until you get there, I see these 3rd rate competitions as being rewarded for failure. When you win one CL, you are amongst the elite. You can win as many fairs cup or Europa conferences as you like, you will never be seen as anything above average. If a club like Dundalk or Idk Motherwell won it….they you’d say fair enough.
Fuck sakes man, stop digging that hole.

I'm not making a new thread, fuck em

Score predictions tonight?

I'm expecting the biggest CL final win ever. Probably like 4 or 5-0

If Inter want to win this they just need to be brave on the ball when City press.

Draw as many fouls as possible....play quick free kicks over City's back 2.

City very sharp to press and then sprint back into shape behind the ball on the rare occasion Inter get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom