• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Other Games: 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah. This is great and I'm glad West Ham won it.

Supporting a football team is all about adventures and what an adventure it's been for the Hammers! Flirting with relegation at one point, now winners of a European trophy. (Let's not pretend that was easy either). This is what beings joy in football, not signing the next £100 million player or being assimilated into the Saudi empire.

I'd prefer that West Ham didn't win it because they're a horrible club full of horrible supporters... however.. I don't get all the poo-pooing going on here.

Why shouldn't they be happy they've won a trophy? I'm pretty sure they're aware it's not quite the league or the CL but for clubs that have no shot at winning the big ones it must be a great experience.

Give clubs shit for celebrating the shit trophies and also give them shit for taking the oil money and competing for the big ones. Can't win, eh?

Earns them qualification to next season’s Europa League too (14 wins 1 draw throughout the competition).

Why shouldn't they be happy they've won a trophy? I'm pretty sure they're aware it's not quite the league or the CL but for clubs that have no shot at winning the big ones it must be a great experience.

Yes, agree.

To be honest, I have always known West Ham fans and all the ones I have known are fine. Unlike supporters of some other clubs (Spurs), they don't tend to be deluded. They are well aware of their position.

They qualified for a competition, they won that competition. Fair play.

If all we could manage was qualifying for this competition I obviously wouldn't be happy about it, but I'd still be happy if we won it.

Earns them qualification to next season’s Europa League too (14 wins 1 draw throughout the competition).

Paqueta who they signed for 50m last summer is probably worth more than the budget of all those teams + the competition itself.

That's how embarrassing it is.

i used to have a soft spot for west ham - you know, in the what a fucking young team is coming up here with Rio, Carrick, Fat Frank and that nutjob Di Canio.
and if honest, i don't have much against moyes anymore. yes, he managed everton, but he gave us one of the best celebrations (suarez dive) and he worked hard to wreck manure ... i'm happy he got to taste that kind of success and if that keeps Rice away from ARsenal or Manure, more power to them.

Got some of you lot are pathetic on here. Don’t like the fans but fair fucks to the players and the manager for winning any trophy nevermind a European one. Brilliant achievement and worthy of huge celebrations ye miserable bastards.
I'd rather win the financial fair play trophy than that piece of garbage.

And the fact he stayed there, opted not to go back to Everton and won a trophy. I don't mind Moyes, I hated the whole "people's club" rubbish, but he's a good man.

He's like anyone else really when things aren't going your way, bit of a loon....pulls on a bit of smackable face and says irrational shit that don't make sense whilst also pretending to be a local of a country he's not problem by (poorly) attempting to pronounce one of his former players names in that accent.

But they know that they are a relatively small club. They know they're not gonna be winning the big prizes. What's the problem?

But they know that they are a relatively small club. They know they're not gonna be winning the big prizes. What's the problem?

Do they though?

Tell that to their fans mocking Spurs and Arsenal, being the 2nd biggest club in London yada yada yada.

It's not even good banter, It's embarrassing.

Anyway not gonna dwell on it much more, today is about AlexiMac....this is the bigger of the news.

Do they though?

Tell that to their fans mocking Spurs and Arsenal, being the 2nd biggest club in London yada yada yada.

It's not even good banter, It's embarrassing.

Anyway not gonna dwell on it much more, today is about AlexiMac....this is the bigger of the news.

Some of their supporters are embarrassing.

Like us, or any club.

The sole function of this competition is to make Europa feel a little better.

Given we're in that shit next year, and will give it large if we win it...

352238002_274726435081624_4568201082784721581_n.jpg

Weird take but each to their own
Why is it a weird take? I support LFC. 6x European Cup winners.

It's like saying you'd be happy with winning league 1 suffering back to back relegations despite being an 18x First Division winner.

We shouldn't be accepting anything less than the top prizes. (The FA cup I don't count because of it's long history and the Europa League I also don't count because of my respect of the teams that have won it plus a lot of the teams that compete in it - it also goes way back 50-60 years when it was renamed from the UEFA & it's come a long way including have a place in the CL up for grabs.)

I was cheering for the Hammers. I'm glad Moyes won a big trophy. He's been around for decades. Why not.

Delighted for Danny Ings. Why not, good for them. Nicely taken finish by Bowen

I'm glad Moyes won a big trophy. He's been around for decades. Why not.
Because of 15 years being a bitter bluenose cunt and then becoming the whole "chosen one" bollocks and him endearing to that bullshit only to be put back in his place to the point where he had to leave the country to get a job....shame he wasn't accepted there otherwise with some luck that's where he'd still be.

Absolutely loved it when Suarez dived in front of him and seeing that smug look on his face wiped off.

Because of 15 years being a bitter bluenose cunt and then becoming the whole "chosen one" bollocks and him endearing to that bullshit only to be put back in his place to the point where he had to leave the country to get a job....shame he wasn't accepted there otherwise with some luck that's where he'd still be.

Absolutely loved it when Suarez dived in front of him and seeing that smug look on his face wiped off.

Agreed, but sometimes footballing bygones need to be bygones.

Here's his 87 year ole Dad giving him the medal. Good for them! Imagine what this means after a lifetime of middling management at the top level.

FyDVo_vWYAE8v6a

Agreed, but sometimes footballing bygones need to be bygones.

Here's his 87 year ole Dad giving him the medal. Good for them! Imagine what this means after a lifetime of middling management at the top level.

FyDVo_vWYAE8v6a
Your heart is too warm Loca.

That's a nice moment for the family sure, nothing at all against the father.

The son has calmed down a bit recently but he's still an arrogant bitter sucka.......never wished him well then and that hasn't changed.

I can’t stand Moyes And his stodgy low-block football. West Ham have spent a bit over the last two seasons and he still serves up the same long ball shite.

Fiorentina were the better side.

Just like there's the EFL Trophy (won by Bolton this season) for League 1 and 2 clubs (+ some EPL & Championship U21 teams involved), it's good that there's a European competition for "smaller clubs" to compete in (esp. for their fans). Can't think of any "miracles" apart from the 03/04 CL Finals involving Porto and Monaco (and with all the money pumped in at the top clubs, it's only going to be even more difficult).

😛

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom