• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mo Money, Mo Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosco

Worse than Brendan
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...n-Klopp-insists-Liverpool-new-deal-Salah.html
  • A new contract for Mo Salah has been a major talking point at Liverpool this term
    • Salah has been sensational but is yet to agree fresh terms on his deal
    • Jurgen Klopp thinks the club cannot do much more to persuade him
    • But Salah's agent appeared to rubbish the statement with a Twitter post
    Mo Salah's agent has appeared to laugh off Jurgen Klopp's suggestion that Liverpool can do no more to improve their offer of a new contract.

The Egyptian has been a sensation during his time at Liverpool and many fans are nervous about the prospect of losing him if terms cannot be agreed.

Salah's current deal runs until 2023 but the topic of his renewal has been repeatedly brought up this season.

55230499-10602535-image-a-48_1646998932418.jpg

Mo Salah has the ball in his court in terms of making a decision on a new Liverpool contract, according to manager Jurgen Klopp, who insists that the club are in no rush to tie him down
    55230513-10602535-image-m-50_1646998970342.jpg

Klopp (right) says there is not much more that Liverpool can do in improving terms
    55231811-10602535-image-a-1_1647001748112.jpg

Salah's agent then appeared to laugh off the suggestion that the club have done all they can
    Ahead of this Saturday's early kick-off against Brighton, Klopp was asked whether the club could do any more to tie Salah down on a new contract.

He said: 'Mo definitely expects this club to be ambitious, we were in the last years and we are.

'Of course we cannot do much more, that's how it is, I think meanwhile it is Mo's decision, pretty much.

'I think the club did what the club can do. There's nothing more to say about it from my point of view, it is exactly like it should be at the moment.

[bcolor=rgb(253, 251, 248)]·6hrs ago[/bcolor]
    See more versions

Salah remains one of Liverpool's most important players and is lethal on the right wing
    'Nothing happened further, so no signing, no rejection or whatever so we just have to wait for that, it's completely fine, there's no rush in this situation.'

But Klopp's words then appeared to be dismissed by Salah's agent Ramy Abass Issa, who simply posted a row of seven crying-with-laughter emojis.

Salah has scored 19 Premier League goals this season so far to lead the race for the Golden Boot.

He's also scored eight goals in eight Champions League games to help the Reds into the quarter-finals of the competition.

adview

I mean, he's nailed on to leave now. Klopps not going to tolerate that kind of shite from his agent.

Shame.

Hopefully we go big and get a talent to replace him

I don’t want to be dismissive of how good Salah has been for us to date but if we manage to pull another Diaz out of our arses for the right side of the attack then I’m ok with him going.

I also think he’s scared of not being anywhere near as good at another club

The flexibility we have up front makes the replacement a little less daunting.

Without Salah we still have Mane, Diaz and Jota as a front three.
Adding any quality attacker no matter where they play is easier than finding a right winger to replace what Salah brings.

It'll change us but to me the Diaz signing was very useful leverage in these negotiations. And makes the road forward a bit easier.

Sounds like we showed Mo the money, but it's not enough.

So someone else is gonna need to show us the Mo money. And it's gonna need to be a lot.

As always it's hard to know what is really going on with these negotiations.
I suspect that we are now at a stage where the club has said no more talking.
Either sign or leave.
While the contract on offer isn't fully to the liking of Salah, his agent or both of them, the prospect of going elsewhere isn't overly appealing to Mo either.
But he will have to make his mind up soon one way or the other

The market for him is fairly limited.

I hope PSG are top of the queue
They will need to replace Mbappe and are still chasing that Champions League dream.
Or if Halland doesn't go to Man City then they would also be a potential suitor

If we've offered him £300k, and thats still not enough, what more can we do? I'd hate to see him go, but at this point, it looks pretty likely it's already been decided.

No player is bigger than the club. I just hope we get as much as we can if we do sell him and hope he won't end up leaving on a free.

That comment from his agent was very low class. I'd expect more. The time has come. Sign the line or sell. Enough.

I'd rather he stay for another four years, but it's the last four of his contract. Why would he? Everyone wants a new experience. Logic indicates he's gone.

Haaland - City
Mbappe - Real
Salah - PSG

Who we get is uncertain
Bowen?
Raphinha?

Anyways, more and more players are going to be leaving clubs on a free. It's going to become pretty common, as these players are getting paid so much, so early these days, they can afford to take the risk of letting their contracts run down.

So if we can squeeze 75-100m out of someone this summer, we might as well take it.

As for who we sign, well, as long as Jurgen is picking them, I'm fine with it. Generally his big money attacking players have done well.

Mo is going to leave/retire some day. So i'd prefer Jurgen to pick that next guy for us, as opposed to another manager.

Reckon both those are are possible, with Raph being cheapest.
Gollum might want too much for Bowen.
I'd prefer Saka, but I don't think Arsenal would sell him to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom