• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mo Money, Mo Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
We thought Torres was the real deal. He broke and set records. The fans adored him. He left. Many cried.

Then came Suarez. Broke and set higher records. The fans adored him. He left. Many were furious.

Then came Salah. Broke and set the highest club records ever. The fans adored him. He left. Many were disheartened.

Then came Mbappe. And the fans lived happily ever after.

Klopp has never seemed to be one to fuck about with, I wonder what damage the agent will/ has caused here

He's not going to be able to keep playing indefinitely, he's peaked, we've got owners who won't be pushed on their business model, he's a very egotistical man, and his agent is a bellend. We've done great to have him here for his best years. He's gone, and I'm not arsed. Thanks for the goals lad, shut the door on the way out and don't be giving us all that Torres bullshit about being unappreciated or misunderstood
Torres made noises about us not being ambitious and us selling our best players while he was here.

He was right.

Klopp closed that door on Salah before he started with his 'we are ambitious' comment yesterday.

We thought Torres was the real deal. He broke and set records. The fans adored him. He left. Many cried.

Then came Suarez. Broke and set higher records. The fans adored him. He left. Many were furious.

Then came Salah. Broke and set the highest club records ever. The fans adored him. He left. Many were disheartened.

Then came Mbappe. And the fans lived happily ever after.

Mbappe is an asshole who doesn't pass to Jota as often as he should. Calling it first.

Makes sense though, you don’t sweat ditching your wife when you’ve got a French underwear model in the spare room

No-one was taking this attitude re. Salah before we bought Diaz. I'd like to have both of them, really.

Would love to have both obviously. But I feel that the game has changed a little bit.

"I am in the top 3 players in the world and deserved to be paid as much". That is a fair argument and something we can all get behind. If that is something FSG can't deliver due to our finances and the impact it will have on other wages, again fair enough. Go and join PSG, Bayern, Real - any club outside of England that will pay what he thinks he is due.

But this threat of being open to joining other clubs in England. "More ambition from the club" bullshit. And oh, the agent ridiculing Klopp on Twitter. No one is going to buy the argument that his agent is posting stuff on social media and leaking information to journos without Salah's consent.

It is one thing to take potshots at FSG and Julian Ward. Completely different ballgame if the agent posts a couple of more tweets responding to Klopp's statements. I feel that the relationship can sour very fast.

Diaz signing and settling in so brilliantly couldn't have come at a more inopportune time for Salah's entourage from a PR perspective.

Are players really that dim?

Currently, and I know it's difficult to be objective about this but it's pretty much

Liverpool/City

Bayern/Real

Then the rest
PSG are a joke, Barca are so far behind it's almost sad. Italian clubs? Inter/Milan we've beaten and Juve are way off the pace.
Dortmund? like that's not a huge club like LFC.

His options are so limited if he thinks he's gonna go elsewhere and light up the place.

On a side note re Salah, he's marketability is huge in terms of his Muslimness and so maybe a huge bidding war between Newcastle, City and PSG so they can show off the jewel.
But again it would be an utter joke for him to go to PSG/Newcastle unless it's for money.

So he's gotta ask himself really
Will he fit in at City? and how would he like feeling being in Virgils pocket everytime he plays.

Lots of sour grapes going on here. He’s been amazing for us and is a top fella. I’ve been saying for ages he will leave, purely because he deserves to be paid what he’s worth and our owners won’t pay it. If we can’t afford it, that’s not his fault.
It’s just how football is nowadays. If it wasn’t for my beloved team, I’d never watch footy on the telly or follow it at all.

Lots of sour grapes going on here. He’s been amazing for us and is a top fella. I’ve been saying for ages he will leave, purely because he deserves to be paid what he’s worth and our owners won’t pay it. If we can’t afford it, that’s not his fault.
It’s just how football is nowadays. If it wasn’t for my beloved team, I’d never watch footy on the telly or follow it at all.

This is the bit that annoys me a little. I'm sure the message from his bellend agent will be along these lines, and I'm sure he wants us to sign Haaland and Mbappe as a show of our intention, but is there any acknowlegment within this process that Liverpool (and Klopp in particular) are at least partially responsible for Salah becoming as good as he is? Or has his agent just adopted the position that this was inevitable and we've just been lucky that it's happened at our club?

As others have said, here he is more than a number. He's an icon.

Leave to somewhere in Europe, you are just another fish.

Leave to somewhere in the Premier league, and you lose that icon status, and the other club will never truly take you as one of their own now.

Stay here, he's welcome for life.

That's the trade off vs getting 'paid' it's what happens after the end of your career. Just look at Owen.

As others have said, here he is more than a number. He's an icon.

Leave to somewhere in Europe, you are just another fish.

Leave to somewhere in the Premier league, and you lose that icon status, and the other club will never truly take you as one of their own now.

Stay here, he's welcome for life.

That's the trade off vs getting 'paid' it's what happens after the end of your career. Just look at Owen.
That’s a big thing. What difference will that extra 50k/wk mean for him and his family? It’s not massive when we are tabling £70 million plus over the period of the contact.

Go be a legend and milk that for the rest of your life.

Salah has to play this smart , if we let him go on a free in the summer of '23, he will be 31 years old. I don't think a lot will change in terms of the top clubs over the next 18 months and his ability to command £4/500k per week will diminish somewhat,albeit he'll get a fat signing fee.

Mbappe , haaland, Kane etc will all have years on him too.

His best option is to sign some fat contract with a performance clause with us and cement his dynasty as top red ( wheres his ceiling ?)

A- if it's about getting paid why is there talk about the club being ambitious?
I might have missed this, but did Klopp just say that himself or did it come from the agent?
If it's Klopp then fair enough, if it's agent then he can get lost.

B - he worth what he is cos of the work Klopp, the team and Liverpool have put in also. Yeah he's been running around in training and scoring the goals but what the club deserves is also important?

If it's about being the most paid baller ever then just say that, fine go out and get paid from whoever.. but lfc are ambitious and they'll work towards winning with or without Salah.

Only few weeks ago it was, "give him what he wants" . Then we get Diaz, who shown he is good but has only scored two goals, now it's "Salah can fuck off, he is too greedy".
We don't know what Salah wants, and we don't know what the clubs offered.
Looking at shirt sales alone, let's say we make £10 per shirt, that's over £8m in shirt sales from Salah.
If you guys hadn't noticed, we fucking won! If Salah is sold because we can't afford his demands, fine, but I wish him all the best because he is a legend.

There is something incorrect about your shirt money. Of those shirt sales how many were sold because of Salah? If Salah moved on would we lose those shirt sales or would they (in whole or in part) be replaced by Diaz?

Only few weeks ago it was, "give him what he wants" . Then we get Diaz, who shown he is good but has only scored two goals, now it's "Salah can fuck off, he is too greedy".
We don't know what Salah wants, and we don't know what the clubs offered.
Looking at shirt sales alone, let's say we make £10 per shirt, that's over £8m in shirt sales from Salah.
If you guys hadn't noticed, we fucking won! If Salah is sold because we can't afford his demands, fine, but I wish him all the best because he is a legend.
Since he's come back from the afcon it's been the return of greedy mo. Even yesterday.

We'd be losing a 20+ goals a season striker. For all the talk of his age and those returns falling off a cliff, he doesn't drink, he looks like a machine and apparently is great in training. That coupled with elite athletes competing well into their 30s means he'll be hitting the back of the net for a fair few years yet.

We'd be losing a 20+ goals a season striker. For all the talk of his age and those returns falling off a cliff, he doesn't drink, he looks like a machine and apparently is great in training. That coupled with elite athletes competing well into their 30s means he'll be hitting the back of the net for a fair few years yet.
Yeah it'd suck. But invest in the right player, younger than 25, at a lower wage. And we'd have longevity.

I'd love him to stay, but I don't want us to be held to a kings ransom.

Since he's come back from the afcon it's been the return of greedy mo. Even yesterday.
People focus on Mo's greedyness far too much. Of all our attacking players, he records the most assists.
Our shirts design have been terrible but despite that we sold 2.45m and we won nothing last year. We sold 800k+ Salah shirts and a large chunk was in the ME. I would imagine we could sell an extra million if we win the CL or PL title, and probably a million plus will be Salah Shirts

Last edited:
Yeh I’m sure it’s all gonna get all egoey and nasty now, which is a real shame.

Ah man I’m not reading this thread anymore. It’s gonna get all crap ain’t it. I want to remember Mo being the absolute legend that he is and always will be in my mind.
Thanks for absolutely everything Mo, and all the best for the future you lovely little man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom