• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mo Money, Mo Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coutinho needs to have a word with Mo about the curse.
Coutinho, Gini, Can ... there's a few he has played with who could have a word in his shell-like. Of course on the flip side there are those he has played alongside at LFC, who have left and gone on to better things, who can chat to him .... hmmm? Harrry Wilson?

No direct quote from the player but loads of over reaction. Let’s just chill and focus on his football, the rest can wait till end of the season.
Do you not think it telling that the manager and the club are starting to spin it a particular direction?

Do you not think it telling that the manager and the club are starting to spin it a particular direction?
Possibly but then guy has given his all for us so why rush into quick judgements mid season based on quotes from others and twitter hack. Klopp sounds rather cool about it in his usual style. We brought him for ~35 mill, he has averaged what 30 goals / 10 assists per season? while available every game almost.
There was another thread earlier in the season where pretty much the sentiment was to give him what he wants, now his form has dropped compared to that point and fickle nature of some fans is again showing. He deserves more respect and can't be compared to Coutinho. We need a fit Mo on form banging in the goals till end of season, then the club & Mo has to make the right decision. Personally if it was 100 million or Mo for another season, I keep Mo but that's another issue. We will be fine as a club regardless...

Last edited:
Possibly but then guy has given his all for us so why rush into quick judgements mid season based on quotes from others and twitter hack. Klopp sounds rather cool about it in his usual style. We brought him for ~35 mill, he has averaged what 30 goals / 10 assists per season? while available every game almost.
There was another thread earlier in the season where pretty much all were give him what he wants, now his form has dropped compared to that point and fickle nature of some fans is again showing. He deserves more respect and can't be compared to Coutinho. We need a fit Mo on form banging in the goals till end of season, then the club & Mo has to make the right decision. Personally if it was 100 million or Mo for another season, I keep Mo but that's another issue. We will be fine as a club regardless...
I'm not really sure where you are coming from but that could be because I have had a few drinks.
I don't think there are many quick judgements being made, just a reaction to what our manager is saying. Now I appreciate he is just as likely to be part of a spin but I do listen to what he says over others as I do trust that he has the interest of the team at heart.
Mo signing a contract extension and staying would in my opinion be the best outcome but if he were to be sold in the summer for £100m, then with our recent player investment history, I would be fairly confident that it wouldn't be the end of the world

I'm not really sure where you are coming from but that could be because I have had a few drinks.
I don't think there are many quick judgements being made, just a reaction to what our manager is saying. Now I appreciate he is just as likely to be part of a spin but I do listen to what he says over others as I do trust that he has the interest of the team at heart.
Mo signing a contract extension and staying would in my opinion be the best outcome but if he were to be sold in the summer for £100m, then with our recent player investment history, I would be fairly confident that it wouldn't be the end of the world
Quick glance through this thread versus sentiments in here:
http://www.sixcrazyminutes.com/threads/the-mo-contract-saga.176091/
Bit of a change, have a read...
I don't mind like I said either way but don't see the point of worked up nature with Mo especially (he's not Coutinho), plenty of time to do that in the summer or when Mo meets Mane part 2 & 3 end of March...

It's a strange comment from Klopp. It's always a two way thing...

How does that improve our position? Just has the potential to alienate Salah. Which the agents tweet seems to back up.

He should have just stayed out of it.

Hope he re-signs but am now very doubtful. Will it work out for us if he goes? Who knows but he's literally the best player in the world so it's hard to see it not having a big detrimental effect.

It's a strange comment from Klopp. It's always a two way thing...

How does that improve our position? Just has the potential to alienate Salah. Which the agents tweet seems to back up.

He should have just stayed out of it.

Hope he re-signs but am now very doubtful. Will it work out for us if he goes? Who knows but he's literally the best player in the world so it's hard to see it not having a big detrimental effect.

This is as close as you are going to get from Klopp from saying "We gave you the best deal, we move forward with you or without you". It is not about alienating Salah. This reads more like Klopp informing everyone that they have done the best they can, now the ball is in Salah's court.

The market for him is fairly limited.

I hope PSG are top of the queue

I'd suspect they are the only team in the queue. Madrid will go all in for Mbappe this summer, which opens up a spot at PSG. Aside from that there are no other clubs that could pay £100m we'd be willing to sell to.

I suspect that's the problem his agent has. He's one of the best players in the world but the market for great players is reduced to a handful of clubs. He's really only got Paris or Madrid as options this summer and both would rather have Mbappe.

Hopefully he'll a look at their latest match against Real and have second thoughts about joining FC Bottlers

I'd suspect they are the only team in the queue. Madrid will go all in for Mbappe this summer, which opens up a spot at PSG. Aside from that there are no other clubs that could pay £100m we'd be willing to sell to.

I suspect that's the problem his agent has. He's one of the best players in the world but the market for great players is reduced to a handful of clubs. He's really only got Paris or Madrid as options this summer and both would rather have Mbappe.
I don't think his agent is particularly bothered whether Salah moves this summer or on a free next summer. Either way, he earns more commission under current rules than if he signs a new contract for us.

I agree with what's been said above, Klopp in a round about way has basically put Salah and his agent on notice.

It's either a take it or leave it quote, or the next offer is a take it or leave it offer.

Either way, the agent seems to suggest cryptically they are far apart in the valuations..

I'd be gutted to see Salah go, just like I was gutted to see Torres, Suarez, and Fowler before him. But as long as we invest in the right young player *cough* Saka *cough* we should be good.

Salah would be stupid to join PSG. He might get more money, but he's always struck me as an ambitious sort who wants to win the biggest trophies around. At Liverpool, he's been competing for every top honour in Europe his entire time here. We've legitimately been a top 5 (if not top 3) team in Europe over the last 5 years, so that's not easy to replicate.

The only other clubs in that bracket presently are City, Real, Bayern and possibly Juventus. Barca are shot, PSG play in a shit league and never win the CL, and Chelsea are clearly in some trouble at the moment.

He doesn't have a whole lot of options. If he wants to go to PSG, earn a truckload of money but retire playing in a clearly inferior league, he's welcome to do so. We'd get a big transfer fee at least.

So what can we get for him in the summer and we can realistically look to bring in? Have we spent the money in advance with Diaz?

If we sell for £100m we're possibly looking at a budget of £65-70m to replace, which is a challenge.

Saka for me is the priority, but wouldn't come cheap seems pretty content at Arsenal.

Bowen seems the more realistic but steady option. I'm not convinced he had the sheer pace and explosiveness, but you can argue having Diaz offsets that slightly.

Raphinha struggles to justify the hype, IMO, and there's question marks about his attitude after clashing with management recently. Not convinced he's ready for the move to the top club let alone facing the pressure of replacement Mo Salah.

Who is going to pay 100m for a winger who will be 34 at the end of the contract? His production is going to fall off a fucking cliff.
Even at 34 Salah will still be a 20+ striker. 819k Salah shirts sold last year, so on merch alone he is a big commodity. He is definitely worth £100m but only 3 clubs outside England can afford that figure, RM, PSG and BM. PSG has no competition in bidding for Salah, so will PSG cough up £100m?

Anyway yeah like Ross says, Diaz has changed the vibe a bit. Plus Salah missed two tap ins v Inter.

Signing Antony from Ajax for 70mil would be incredible business

This 'Mo expects the club to be ambitious' sounds like one out of the Torres playbook. When a player thinks he's too good for the club. All a bit of a shame but unless the player has a change of heart and realises that the grass is rarely greener, he'll be gone-- and unfortunately so few players with a greedy agent in their ear do realise that moving clubs is often a gamble that will disrupt their career.

It's a shambles how players are letting their agents run wild. This is like Raheem Stirling all over again.

The dumbest thing is that his incompetent agent will end up with a big bag of money either way.

This was obvious from over a year ago. The club have clearly offered him a contract that they knew he'd reject so that they could save face and turn the fans against him. It's working, and the plan has always been for him to go.

He's not going to be able to keep playing indefinitely, he's peaked, we've got owners who won't be pushed on their business model, he's a very egotistical man, and his agent is a bellend. We've done great to have him here for his best years. He's gone, and I'm not arsed. Thanks for the goals lad, shut the door on the way out and don't be giving us all that Torres bullshit about being unappreciated or misunderstood

This was obvious from over a year ago. The club have clearly offered him a contract that they knew he'd reject so that they could save face and turn the fans against him. It's working, and the plan has always been for him to go.

I've kept throwing the name Mookie Betts to remind everyone FSG are quite happy to stand firm and let a top player walk away if they don't like the demands.

I think they've known for quite a while Salah wasn't re-signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom