• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Mo Money, Mo Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting that the most recent couple comments from Klopp and Salah's agent has prompted this media spotlight and a definite change in the fans opinions.

His agent has been a bellend before and Klopp has commented on the contract situation before as well, so it's nothing particularly new but a fairly black and white picture of the situation has emerged for most.

In a way it goes to show how fickle football can be - right now he's going through a bit of a shit spell and Diaz has come in and turned heads. Earlier in the season when there was all the "best in the world" chat, most seemed to be of the opinion that the club needs to do whatever it takes to keep him.

I'm still wary of Salah going - even if it is the right decision - because as good as Diaz looks right now, Salah is a proven 20-30 goals a season player for us. And it's not just quantity, he's a clutch player for us. He's going to be really hard to replace.

Definitely, his agent has been a jerk in the past but this seems to be the first time he is responding like this directly to a Klopp comment. Maybe I am wrong on that but that does seem like a bit of an escalation of hostilities on their part.

From a purely footballing perspective, definitely his going is going to hurt us. Even if we nail the transfers, it is going to be difficult to replace that guaranteed 25-30 goals per season, the attention which opposition defenders place on him, the way he fits our tactics, never missing games, etc. Unless PSG get into a Baca like huff over Mbappe leaving and then offers us something crazy like 200-250 million, then that's a different story.

Lots of sour grapes going on here. He’s been amazing for us and is a top fella. I’ve been saying for ages he will leave, purely because he deserves to be paid what he’s worth and our owners won’t pay it. If we can’t afford it, that’s not his fault.
It’s just how football is nowadays. If it wasn’t for my beloved team, I’d never watch footy on the telly or follow it at all.
Agreed, we have to accept the limitations of the situation rather than being bitter about our ideals not being reflected in reality. Salah is in the Mbappe, Lewy, Ronaldo, Benzema, Messi, Neymar bracket. But we expect that his pay should be in the bracket below what the top level players earn?

I'm happy either way...to let his contract run down to get one last year or of him and then move on to the next player, or sell him in the summer with an eye on our next target.

If we can get Bellingham and a Salah starter kit replacement buy then that would be a good summer haul

275878672_5338082189537927_3528626608082041176_n.jpg

Why isn't PSG being mentioned as a Haaland destination? The guys will happily pay the agent fees and wages

Because he has some ambitions, and wants to play in the best and most competitive leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom