• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man UTD (0) Vs Liverpool (2) EL Ro16 2nd Leg Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
2 nil up from the first leg.. not even we can fuck this one up...

Grab an early goal and we could really kill off this lot, could be a cricket score... 😀

I am going for a 3 nil victory.. the early goal will probably turn the game into a training session.. However me will manage to score another two, so successful in handing the Scum their arses on a plate

Same starting 11 as last week please..

Last edited:
UEFA are just taking the piss now arent they? Appointing the ref that was voted the worst at the World Cup 2014 getting 85' votes out of 110'.

I don't think we can get over cocky with a 2-0 scoreline.
A stupid decision, an early sending off and the tie could be put back in the balance.
I do fancy us to score and to go through but I recon there might be an actual and moral victory for Man U.
Hopefully enough to see mad Louis keep his job for another while,

We should just keep attacking regardless of if they get an early goal. Score one and they need 4.

We have to be confident and decisive.

----------------------Mignolet----------------

Clyne-------Lovren----------Sakho/ Caulker/ Toure---------Moreno

-------------Henderson-----Can---------------

Lallana--------Firmino------------Coutinho

-----------------Sturridge------------------

Don't really care who plays with Lovren, but apart from that I'd pick the same team.

Agreed, but I wouldn't want us to set our stall out with that as a specific objective. The less we deviate from the approach we took in the first leg, the better IMHO. They couldn't handle the best of our play and I want us to give them the exact same problems at their place.

whoever scores first will largely determine the flow of the game , so we need to make sure that is, a Goal inside the first 30 minutes and I think this utd side would collapse like a house of cards.

We simply have to play with The same grit and determination we displayed In the first leg and we will be okay .

watching Dortmund tear apart spurs last week was pretty depressing/ impressive in equal parts .

if we make it through to the draw ,i hope we get those lot in the next round and give klopp a real opportunity to show how this team can perform

Yeh, we're in a commanding position, but we can't afford to get ahead of ourselves or over confident, United are going to come at us hard and fast, we have to deal with that and put them to the sword, an early goal from us kills this tie. I hope as well as progressing, we can win the game on Thursday, because winning home and away to United will give us great confidence going into the end of the season, and will hopefully be enough to see them collapse in the league allowing us to move ahead of them.

whoever scores first will largely determine the flow of the game , so we need to make sure that is, a Goal inside the first 30 minutes and I think this utd side would collapse like a house of cards.

We simply have to play with The same grit and determination we displayed In the first leg and we will be okay .

watching Dortmund tear apart spurs last week was pretty depressing/ impressive in equal parts .

if we make it through to the draw ,i hope we get those lot in the next round and give klopp a real opportunity to show how this team can perform

I think I'd prefer to not to meet one of the best teams in Europe next round, if at all possible.

If we score first, they're fucked, they don't score 4 goals a month. Their heads will go down, the crowd will get on their back and we'll shoe them. IF they get the early goal then I can see it being an uncomfortable night.

I expect us to go out and hit them on the break and nick the goal that will kill the tie. They have to come at us and that plays into our hands, but thinking this tie is over already is madness. We concede first and it'll be game on.

I expect us to go out and hit them on the break and nick the goal that will kill the tie. They have to come at us and that plays into our hands, but thinking this tie is over already is madness. We concede first and it'll be game on.
Yep, we're still playing at OT and I'm not totally sure what United side we'll face.
If it's with Carrick and Schweinsteiger in the middle we might just have a difficult game.

I think I'd prefer to not to meet one of the best teams in Europe next round, if at all possible.
Ditto.

If we were to make the final and meet Dortmund in a one-off match we'd have a decent chance, however over 2 legs I wouldn't fancy our chances at all. Next season perhaps.

If we don't concede in the first 30 mins we'll win. We'd have settled into the game and quietened their fans. Pressure will then start mounting on them to push forward for a goal which will give us the opportunity to hit them on the counter. If we concede in the first 30 mins then its anyone's game. Knowing us we'll do it the hard way, we always do.

1937.jpg

Strange game, if we score first it will be a stroll but of they do they could well go on to beat us. It's OT and we've flattered to decieve there on enough occasions for me not to be cocky.

This place will go into meltdown if Utd go through.

Strange game, if we score first it will be a stroll but of they do they could well go on to beat us. It's OT and we've flattered to decieve there on enough occasions for me not to be cocky.

This place will go into meltdown if Utd go through.
What happens if they score and then we score? Obviously it means it won't be a stroll but I don't think you've fully explored all the possible outcomes.

I don't think we can get over cocky with a 2-0 scoreline.
A stupid decision, an early sending off and the tie could be put back in the balance.
I do fancy us to score and to go through but I recon there might be an actual and moral victory for Man U.
Hopefully enough to see mad Louis keep his job for another while,
Agreed 2-0 is actually not that much. They will be up for it in front of their crowd and i really have doubts if our players can hold their nerve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom