• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Man United (A) - Sunday 1st September

He wasn't in my top three, just wanted to give him some props.
Grav, Diaz, Salah were better.

He had a really good game. No doubt. The energy, pressing and chance creation are great for the team.
Will only get better as well.

He had a really good game. No doubt. The energy, pressing and chance creation are great for the team.
Will only get better as well.
I was surprised, post match, how often I heard his name mentioned positively by pundits, often in regard to creating/dictating the attacks.

Is the Sozbo comment banter? He didnt turn up.
Hard to assess Szobo's performances.

1/3 of the game he's excellent and looks the best player on the pitch, then 1/3 of the game he's mostly anonymous and the other 1/3 he's trying too hard and often ends up frustrating.

If that chance he had at 0-3 came at 0-0.........would've had Arne pulling his hair out.

Utd losing possession was often down to Szobo who is one of our best pressers. Casemiro was a big help too though. Glad he's staying put on £300k or whatever.

Gravenberch was excellent, he's a great fit in the new system. Didn't see that coming.

Overall there were 7/10s all over the pitch and that level of performance will normally get you the points. Trent probably my only 6/10, was a bit sloppy with his passing and defence work at times.

Under Klopp, I could imagine us conceding and it getting edgy. Instead we felt like in total control throughout. A couple of breaks and good saves from Ali but Slot is such a perfectionist it'll give him something to work on.

One of the hardest fixtures out of the way that cost us last season. Now a meaningless international break to fuck up our rhythm.

We should have conceded one goal yesterday and scored at least two more. The efforts from Salah and Szoboszlai were great opportunities, and the Zirkzee header should have been finished, so for me, a 1-5 result would have reflected the game better.

The best thing to say about Slot so far is that he's made us more compact and efficient in defense without sacrificing our attacking play. We all know that conceding the first goal and often needing late heroics not only demands more physical effort from the players, but it also eventually takes a mental and emotional toll, as the anxiety of dropping points or scraping last-minute wins builds up. Essentially, everyone would appreciate a few more comfortable victories this season. Apart from 45 relatively tense minutes against a side fueled by adrenaline from their first Premier League game, most people's heart rates have remained fairly steady so far. I would hope that, and a decrease in injuries, would lead to a side that does fall away at the end of the year. If that is the case then we'll be in the mix.

I'd love Slot to finish ahead of that light-bulb-waving Lego-head twit in his first year in the league.
I can safely my heart rate didn’t drop until we were 3 mins into the added 5.
Seeing Evertons result gave me PTSD for the Palace game.
But yes, if we can manage minutes and avoid injuries we should have a great season.
Big ask though once the games go two a week for a while.

Dominic is an odd one. I personally thought he started so well and then flattered to deceive last year. I’ll go with the slot improvement for now. Early doors but good to hear.

But that miss was borderline unforgiveble

He really looks like he's going to have a cardiac arrest. The Casemiro flop reaction was pretty extraordinary.
457836721_8624841190860951_1400149436066030868_n.jpg

It was a fantastic win, once again three point and clean sheet, a very good performance from all the players, especially Luis. Szobo has played okay, and missed two one goals, he has improved from last season in general, however, I am not convinced he will be a long term figure in future, I would rather see Trent there instead of him. We need not get carried away yet, but LFC's team situation is looking very promising. Good Luck

It was a fantastic win, once again three point and clean sheet, a very good performance from all the players, especially Luis. Szobo has played okay, and missed two one goals, he has improved from last season in general, however, I am not convinced he will be a long term figure in future, I would rather see Trent there instead of him. We need not get carried away yet, but LFC's team situation is looking very promising. Good Luck

Trent might offer more on the ball but I don't think he can even get close to the off-the-ball work that Szobo does, and wouldn't want to. Trent's aura is one of someone who doesn't want to graft - making him a high energy sprinter and presser just doesn't seem a good fit.

I was surprised, post match, how often I heard his name mentioned positively by pundits, often in regard to creating/dictating the attacks.

The commentators on Peacock (American TV) thought Szobo should have been MOTM, said he was involved in everything offensively and defensively and dominated the game with his movement. Personally I think Grav had a better game, but yes - a lot of pundits were inpressed by Szoboszlai.

Szobo was IMMENSE. My fourth pick for MOTM.

He ran more than any other player on the pitch. Not the revelation that Gravy was, but he did a lot of the dirty work as well. Just total domination by our midfield three.

I said that to my dad at the time

It's soft, but if he's blown for advantage he clearly thought it was a foul. No clue why VAR didn't correct them.

The commentator said that the bar for going to VAR is much higher this season. I thought that would be given a check at least.

Back
Top Bottom