• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Man United (A) - Sunday 1st September

It's pretty much impossible to say how good we are because everyone we've played has been shit, and we have conceded some big chances in all the games.

That said, it might just be that everyone we play looks shit because he keep nicking the ball off them.

It's pretty much impossible to say how good we are because everyone we've played has been shit, and we have conceded some big chances in all the games.

That said, it might just be that everyone we play looks shit because he keep nicking the ball off them.

which teams look like they really have their shit together though? city, arse, villa maybe?

Redcafe post match
1000051103.jpg

We're also the only team that hasn't conceded a goal yet. After last year when we conceded a shit goal in the first 10 minutes to just about everyone, that's a real improvement. I don't feel like we've been lucky in that respect either. Alisson had a few saves to make today, but they were all saves we'd expect him to make.
Nah ZZ should have scored.

But yeah we look a lot better defensively. Solid. Not giving up stupid chances.

The biggest breath of fresh air with Slot is the calmness at the back. Someone said it earlier.. "glad not to be a goal behind" "at least we're not 1 very 1 at the back ".. we look assured and confident. When you couple that assured confidence in defence with an array of attacking talent it's time have a sly wank.

I was going to say that. People will make out United played shit. Yeah they did ... because we made them look that way with excellent pressing and winning the ball back early and playing triangles around them.
United have some good players but we made them look like crap today.

yea i’d agree with brighton but i didn’t name them because i think they’re a shadow of the side that tortured us a few seasons ago. i’ll not say any more for superstitious reasons.
True, but playing them away still makes me a bit nervous.

I was going to say that. People will make out United played shit. Yeah they did ... because we made them look that way with excellent pressing and winning the ball back early and playing triangles around them.
This 100%, even with their chances we looked in control. To be honest in all the games so far we have players in all the right areas to prevent clear high chances, and the way we took the sting out the game in the first 10 mins was brilliant. We never competed on emotions of the occasion, so the game never became a basket ball game. Everyone defended as a unit, Robbo was at his defensive best today, and we waited, if we are to use a star trek analogy I would say we have gone from being Romulans to emotionless Vulcans in our approach. I love this Slot ball, as it brings the best of Klopp ball and Rafa pragmatism, faster passing and movement. @Woland - we are making the opposition look crap, in the same way City have bee doing. So happy that we go off on the international break now with this result in the bag.

The thing is, he's not the slick but shallow bullshitting type imo. He's never exuded confidence. He's just shit.

I was completely staggered they didn't sack him in the summer. It was amazing.

Have to think it's because Southgate wasn't available until the first international break or later.

The thing is, he's not the slick but shallow bullshitting type imo. He's never exuded confidence. He's just shit.

I was completely staggered they didn't sack him in the summer. It was amazing.
Well he did win them an FA Cup...against Man City in the final. I guess its an indicator that he can beat the best.

We're also the only team that hasn't conceded a goal yet. After last year when we conceded a shit goal in the first 10 minutes to just about everyone, that's a real improvement. I don't feel like we've been lucky in that respect either. Alisson had a few saves to make today, but they were all saves we'd expect him to make.
Their strikers could have buried that header.

We definitely should have conceded today but meh, what a win.

I don't mind the "United was rubbish" narrative. We didn't come into this game as favourites like we did last season and we played with alot more freedom resulting in the 3 points won. That's all that matters.

The underdog tag is serving us well. Let them continue to think and narrate that we are still "rebuilding" under Slot. A 5 points lead by Christmas will do.

Just seen Jota’s orchestration of the first goal.

Smart
Watched back the highlights and Jota did the same for our offside goal. He did a run from left to right and pulled away the defenders while gesturing for Grav to go beyond him to the left. Interesting.

We have conceded the lowest amount of chances in the league in total after adding yesterdays game to the mix.
Alisson has only made 7 saves in those 3 games which is quite the difference from last season.

We should have conceded one goal yesterday and scored at least two more. The efforts from Salah and Szoboszlai were great opportunities, and the Zirkzee header should have been finished, so for me, a 1-5 result would have reflected the game better.

The best thing to say about Slot so far is that he's made us more compact and efficient in defense without sacrificing our attacking play. We all know that conceding the first goal and often needing late heroics not only demands more physical effort from the players, but it also eventually takes a mental and emotional toll, as the anxiety of dropping points or scraping last-minute wins builds up. Essentially, everyone would appreciate a few more comfortable victories this season. Apart from 45 relatively tense minutes against a side fueled by adrenaline from their first Premier League game, most people's heart rates have remained fairly steady so far. I would hope that, and a decrease in injuries, would lead to a side that does fall away at the end of the year. If that is the case then we'll be in the mix.

I'd love Slot to finish ahead of that light-bulb-waving Lego-head twit in his first year in the league.

Watched back the highlights and Jota did the same for our offside goal. He did a run from left to right and pulled away the defenders while gesturing for Grav to go beyond him to the left. Interesting.

I almost think Jota is gesturing just to let us fans know that he's not just a headless chicken who doesn't score or assist, but there's a method to his movement

Back
Top Bottom