• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Man United (A) - Sunday 1st September

Exactly that, they emphasized that the issue with Man U is a combination of lack of quality and lack of understanding of the tactics.

United cut us open a few times but made the wrong decision in the final third of the pitch.
OMG, that means if they can cut through us then anyone can...

Exactly that, they emphasized that the issue with Man U is a combination of lack of quality and lack of understanding of the tactics.

United cut us open a few times but made the wrong decision in the final third of the pitch.

I thought more importantly they didn't even begin to cut us open due to failures to play fairly simple balls into space. Casemiro's stupid one touch pass could have easily been the beginning of at least some chance if he wasn't shit, or just took a touch, instead it was suicidal, but you see those game states repeatedly in the game, with open runners, two obvious outlet balls that any good team should craft a chance from.

I still don't think we played a very good game, with respect to controlling things.

It's why I'm still rolling my eyes at the narrative that Slot's team is some obvious refinement on what has come before. As evidence we seem to have that we've won three games in a row, which the exact same team has done all the fucking time, and the fact that we haven't conceded, when I feel like we should have.

I'm not saying I don't see reasons to be cautiously optimistic, it's just that's all I see.

I thought more importantly they didn't even begin to cut us open due to failures to play fairly simple balls into space. Casemiro's stupid one touch pass could have easily been the beginning of at least some chance if he wasn't shit, or just took a touch, instead it was suicidal, but you see those game states repeatedly in the game, with open runners, two obvious outlet balls that any good team should craft a chance from.

I still don't think we played a very good game, with respect to controlling things.

It's why I'm still rolling my eyes at the narrative that Slot's team is some obvious refinement on what has come before. As evidence we seem to have that we've won three games in a row, which the exact same team has done all the fucking time, and the fact that we haven't conceded, when I feel like we should have.

I'm not saying I don't see reasons to be cautiously optimistic, it's just that's all I see.
I think the reason we're optimistic is because we're winning and not conceding while adapting to a new system. It's quite impressive considering Slot also didn't have a full pre season with our best players.

We won all of our pre season games too if I'm not mistaken. Well, except the one with the B-team.

Back
Top Bottom