• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Man United (A) - Sunday 1st September

If he got injured they'd review and red card him. Luckily Lucho jumped just before the impact

That's what I said during the game.

I think it was a potential red as it was a reckless challenge and if I remember correctly, at least one of his feet was high.

And the Gakpo foul / pen should've been sent to VAR as well. It was a clear foul / mistake.

No therapist in the world could undo collective childhood trauma like Liverpool has by skull fucking Man United regularly.

You need to recognize this era, stand back and drink it in. If you are of my generation, take that scared little boy deep in your memory and give him a hug, say come on, come with me, check this out.

"I'm not going to get raped again am I mister?"

"What?! No. No, I'm here to help. Wait? I was raped? Actually, there's no time for this, we are in a very dubious repressed memory on a football forum, come with me, there's something you need to see."

"Well ok, but that's what the last guy said."

You don't start by showing him the scorelines. It'd be too much to take in all at once. Instead it's the mundane things. The routines. The United manager having to get public reassurances over his position after a humping. Season after season.

The utter failures of players who crumble and crumple and fail. The delicious way the players expect it now, and the even more delicious way the supporters still do not. Their captain. Our captain. Their ground. Our ground. Wives expressing public support for their husbands due to their part in the tragedy.

Keeping the legs fresh and sticking on the subs after a job done at 60 minutes. The stadium leaking water and supporters in wild torrents.

The normality of humiliation, humiliations without consolation.

All of that is lovely.
The expectations, the ground, the mundane things.

They are almost the toppings for me, the real cake, the best most delicious bit is that a bundle of those players who caused the trauma are now in full public view and we see their trauma played out in front our eyes. It's delicious.

Watching Rio and G Nev meltdown weekly trying to excuse the manager or the players, laying it on the owners or whatever is great.
Every other week a corner is turned, then there's another atrocious performance and it's back to trying to figure out why this is happening.

Watching Cara wind up Neville is simply a joy to watch, in that moment he's all of us.

The joy from Oles at the wheel to utter dejection is great.
We've won a cup or a big game, we're on the up to getting humped by us at home, again.. oh it makes me giddy thinking about it.

"When I felt bored in the game vs Man United I’d pass the ball to Rashford and then take it back"

458195837_503186438974309_1955858208537325755_n.jpg

On a quick side note, if I may, is G Nev not getting the on paper thing.
On paper these players should perform better. No, you've made up the paper thing, you've hyped them so much on paper doesn't work anymore.

As far as ETH is concerned there really is no excuse any more. He didn't have to change 15 players when he came in (maybe as many as 7-8 could be used in either the 1st team or best 15-17 players) and he's now had x5 windows to make the changes he required.
If a player fails - that's on him (esp. since so many have been Dutch), if he hasn't got the players he needs that's also on him. If they are not performing on the pitch after 3 pre-seasons and 2+ seasons - that's on him and his coaching staff. He's well cooked and as soon as United can secure a manager that meets their criteria he's gone.

On a quick side note, if I may, is G Nev not getting the on paper thing.
On paper these players should perform better. No, you've made up the paper thing, you've hyped them so much on paper doesn't work anymore.
I think if we signed the same players they'd be better, but the rest vary, some are horrible purchases, many are just really inappropriate for how they are playing.

The reverse is more true though. The way they attempt to play is inappropriate for who they have.

Can't believe anyone ever doubted Macca. He is brilliant. One of the first names on the teamsheet for me.
Did anyone doubt him? I mean, I was critical when he was put in the 6 position; but that's because it was clear he was being hugely wasted.

I haven't seen anyone doubting Macca, but some people rightly suggesting he might be one of those who hits the 'red zone' on fatigue. He's the top priority player in that double pivot for me.

Spent the weekend visiting my 'baby' up in college, so only caught updates throughout the game.

The match thread made some very reading when I got home last night... Everybody waxing lyrical now it's done, naturally, but f@#! me, there was some vitriol being thrown at the lads for that first half hour on here. Looked like we we diabolical, based on much of the comments.

Also, you could set your watch by the usual gombeens charging in, with their usual "I'm right, you're all wrong!" shite, when something goes 'their' way on the field. Honestly, I think that there are a handful of people on this site, to whom it's more important that they're right, then the team actually wins.

Anyway, glorious result, but mostly because of who it was and where it happened... That shower are Man U in name only , there days. Honestly, as shite as they are, I'd be worried if we hadn't won comfortably. Always wonderful to beat them, especially there, but far, far tougher test lie ahead. And I'm starting to get excited about them!

Everybody waxing lyrical now it's done, naturally, but f@#! me, there was some vitriol being thrown at the lads for that first half hour on here. Looked like we we diabolical, based on much of the comments.

I didn't think, and still don't think we were very good for 30 mins or so. Were we? Was I just a nervy cunt -- I mean, yes, I definitely was. To me it seemed like it was a very chaotic game. You'd think that because of the two sides coughing up possession repeatedly that it was some really tight midfield battle, but it was kinda the opposite, to open, too loose, all transitional.

Then we turned it up a bit, they passed their way into a 5v3 and the rest is history.

The reason I'm pushing back on the defensive revolution narrative now, is that United probably should have scored in this game.

I didn't think, and still don't think we were very good for 30 mins or so. Were we? Was I just a nervy cunt -- I mean, yes, I definitely was. To me it seemed like it was a very chaotic game. You'd think that because of the two sides coughing up possession repeatedly that it was some really tight midfield battle, but it was kinda the opposite, to open, too loose, all transitional.

Then we turned it up a bit, they passed their way into a 5v3 and the rest is history.

The reason I'm pushing back on the defensive revolution narrative now, is that United probably should have scored in this game.
Honestly @Farkmaster - that first 10 mins (most people say its the first 15 mins) - I was not worried at all and it was brilliant how we kept calm and took the sting out of the game. I knew right then that we would not let the crowd and the occasion get to us. They had one clear cut chance during that game and to be honest it is the least you can expect when playing at their ground and they are more than capable of doing that against us, City and Arsenal. The other chances were harder in my view.

The defensive narrative is not something people are making up, and anyone who denies it is wrong, he has cut out that shit from the Klopp era, and we are defending more as a collective which is the reason why we have not conceded and he has been very strict about that and also individual players winning their duels. Under Klopp we would have conceded in those first 15 minutes and we would have conceded even against Ipswich, I am sure Klopp would instruct players to defend but I think what last season showed was that we became too comfortable at defending without actually putting in the required effort. He even talked after the game about lazy misplaced passing and not tracking back from Trent, and Diaz respectively. Slot is doing and addressing those issues in this talented team that I don't think Klopp was doing, and he is doing it in a way that allows to get the best out of our midfielders. There will be harder games and harder tests to come but the indicators are very good right now.

Yeah I already saw it, it's pretty good.

What stood out for me was that if United had executed their plans especially early in the game it could have been a very different game. It also highlights the lack of quality in the discourse around football in media where the entire narrative is around how United lack any game plan & how easy it is to play through them with big gaps after going through their first line of press. Liverpool basically had the same setup with two main differences being a) United players were bad at executing the plan b) even if they had been successful at finding gaps in our defensive structure, our players were much more willing to run, track back & get into duels to stop them.

What stood out for me was that if United had executed their plans especially early in the game it could have been a very different game. It also highlights the lack of quality in the discourse around football in media where the entire narrative is around how United lack any game plan & how easy it is to play through them with big gaps after going through their first line of press. Liverpool basically had the same setup with two main differences being a) United players were bad at executing the plan b) even if they had been successful at finding gaps in our defensive structure, our players were much more willing to run, track back & get into duels to stop them.
Exactly that, they emphasized that the issue with Man U is a combination of lack of quality and lack of understanding of the tactics.

United cut us open a few times but made the wrong decision in the final third of the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom