• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Man United (A) - Sunday 1st September

I remember the situation, I don't understand why Nunez kept playing. Obviously the free kick (what I thought it was at the time) was a better advantage.

If he got injured they'd review and red card him. Luckily Lucho jumped just before the impact

No therapist in the world could undo collective childhood trauma like Liverpool has by skull fucking Man United regularly.

You need to recognize this era, stand back and drink it in. If you are of my generation, take that scared little boy deep in your memory and give him a hug, say come on, come with me, check this out.

"I'm not going to get raped again am I mister?"

"What?! No. No, I'm here to help. Wait? I was raped? Actually, there's no time for this, we are in a very dubious repressed memory on a football forum, come with me, there's something you need to see."

"Well ok, but that's what the last guy said."

You don't start by showing him the scorelines. It'd be too much to take in all at once. Instead it's the mundane things. The routines. The United manager having to get public reassurances over his position after a humping. Season after season.

The utter failures of players who crumble and crumple and fail. The delicious way the players expect it now, and the even more delicious way the supporters still do not. Their captain. Our captain. Their ground. Our ground. Wives expressing public support for their husbands due to their part in the tragedy.

Keeping the legs fresh and sticking on the subs after a job done at 60 minutes. The stadium leaking water and supporters in wild torrents.

The normality of humiliation, humiliations without consolation.

It was advantage and we shot wide. Like the old days I'm glad it wasn't brought back for a pen..it was borderline in the area anyway.

It was inside the area or at worst on the line. But on the line is the same as in the area. Giving advantage in that position is a bit shit in all honesty.

I'm surprised that tackle on Maimoo wasn't blown for a foul. Overall, I'll happily take the decisions we got.

It was inside the area or at worst on the line. But on the line is the same as in the area. Giving advantage in that position is a bit shit in all honesty.
VAR is for clear and obvious errors. When you are zooming in to determine whether contact was in or outside the box. That falls foul (pun intended] of the clear criteria. Therefore refs call.

I do stick by we took a clear shot afterwards which didn't test the keeper.

I'm surprised that tackle on Maimoo wasn't blown for a foul. Overall, I'll happily take the decisions we got.
That was an excellent if forceful shoulder charge- shoulder on shoulder. I would have been horrified if the ref blew for that. I am genuinely shocked that the ref didn't blow for the Csemiro crumple, not because I thought it was a foul, but because refs just seem to give those all the time. All in all, I have to say it was a good day for the ref.

View: https://x.com/Arneslot_Era/status/1830511571824464357

He needs his minutes managed or he’ll burn out like last season.

Yes - this is why I am surprised his minutes aren't already being managed. At 2-0, and definitely at 3-0 you'd think Slot would send in Elliot or Morton as the best place to learn the role is on the pitch. Maybe if there wasn't a 2 week international break we'd see more of that for those running the most.

VAR is for clear and obvious errors. When you are zooming in to determine whether contact was in or outside the box. That falls foul (pun intended] of the clear criteria. Therefore refs call.

I do stick by we took a clear shot afterwards which didn't test the keeper.

It was pretty clear the contacted started on the line and continued inside the box, so it would have been a pen.

What I find strange about the discourse from some United fans and journalists is the overhyping of the players. Many genuinely believe these are top-tier players ruined by poor systems and bad management. You see Neville suggesting they have a better midfield individually. You see United fans putting six United players in a combined eleven. It's delusion. The reality is the players themselves are simply average. They’re either names living off past reputations or just downright mediocre, especially considering the money spent on them.

Ten Hag is getting more unhinged and ridiculous with each week. Trying to convince anyone, including himself, that he has a plan, and even if he does, the world watched on as Slot dissected and comprehensively blew it out the water before he's completed his Health and Safety e-learning.

There’s no silver lining here—no clear way out of this mess. From every angle, they’re just not good enough, and honestly, it’s glorious.

What I find strange about the discourse from some United fans and journalists is the overhyping of the players. Many genuinely believe these are top-tier players ruined by poor systems and bad management. You see Neville suggesting they have a better midfield individually. You see United fans putting six United players in a combined eleven. It's delusion. The reality is the players themselves are simply average. They’re either names living off past reputations or just downright mediocre, especially considering the money spent on them.

Ten Hag is getting more unhinged and ridiculous with each week. Trying to convince anyone, including himself, that he has a plan, and even if he does, the world watched on as Slot dissected and comprehensively blew it out the water before he's completed his Health and Safety e-learning.

There’s no silver lining here—no clear way out of this mess. From every angle, they’re just not good enough, and honestly, it’s glorious.
Like for the "before he's completed his Health and Safety e-learning" 😁

Back
Top Bottom