• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool VS Man City CL QF 1st leg pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Big game.. Massive in fact..

How do you expect us to line up..?

Lallana and Gomez injured

Clyne for TAA?

Ox for Gini?

Can for Milner?

Lovren can lose his head in big games and imo Clyne doesn't come into this match with no minutes under his belt.

Keeper and front 3 pick themselves.

Midfield is the question. Can, Gini and Aoc played in the 4-3 but I see Henderson being involved.

Yeah, 3 major calls for this one.

RB is a problem, if Klopp chooses Trent and he gets raped for 90 minutes there will be people pointing out he should have gone with Clyne and vice versa. We also have no idea about Clyne's fitness levels so it's pointless to debate this one.
Similar situation at CB. Matip is the safer option as you kinda expect him to be mediocre, while Lovren is able to boss any front line on his day but you never know which version of him will turn up. He played the last big game and fucked up royally. I guess this one is 50/50 for me

In midfield I think Milner should play 100% as he's the most experienced player we have, has been in decent form lately and knows City well. I wouldn't trust Chamberlain for this game as he's a product of the Wenger Bottler Academy, there's question marks about Can's fitness and Wijnaldum is playing like a cunt so I guess Henderson is likely to feature (though I'm not convinced by him at all). Hopefully Klopp gets this right

Taa needs to be rested for this one. Can clyne handle the pace of this game after being out for so long

Not sure if we can throw a rusty Clyne in there for this game. Think TAA will be a better bet, and then start Clyne against Everton.
Clyne lacks match fitness and that could prove more costly.

TAA was a liabilty today but improved in the second half. Easy to forget that he’s a young lad and will make mistakes.

I'm happy we looked 'meh' today because City will come more out more confident - and I think that will play in our favor.

15-0 or I'm a hippo's mother.

I remember in his younger days, Carra would occasionally get roasted in the first half only for him to come out in the second half, having learned from the experience, to have the same attacker in his pocket for the second.
I see certain signs of that with TAA

I have no idea who we have who can contain Sane/Silva in that left channel, with the form they're in.

I can't see Clyne coming back nor do I have any faith in TAA.

Perhaps Can? Maybe Milner? We're really struggling there.

Keep the faith in Trent, it'll be massive experience for him , yeah it might not work on the night but yesterday , after Klopp had the chance at half time to clearly talk to him, things improved , its down to klopp to offer protection for him and ensure he's not a liability for 45 minutes again. The upturn if he plays a key part in a win are massive , if managed properly even a poor performance or error are a learn for him

I’d also keep the same back 4.
Matip may not be more than a solid 5,5-7 in the games he plays but I’d rather have that then Lovren with 3-8 displays and not knowing if Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde will turn up.

I’d also keep the same back 4.
Matip may not be more than a solid 5,5-7 in the games he plays but I’d rather have that then Lovren with 3-8 displays and not knowing if Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde will turn up.
I’m torn on that one. Lovren on a good day is much better than Matip and would be vital in keeping the danger out alongside VVD. By the same token he could have a complete brain fart moment.
I’m leaning towards wanting Lovren to play right now..

He was sharp yesterday but he had the benefit of just sitting in between Matip and VVD and mopping things up. He doesn't look so decisive when in a flat back four, he'll move out from the back and leave gaps to exploit.

If City get Lovren out of position and a one on one situation on either flank We’re in big trouble.

I’d rather start Matip

I think we'll bottle it a bit at Anfield and do what we always do, give ourselves a mountain to climb at the Etihad, which we'll probably then do.

If City get Lovren out of position and a one on one situation on either flank We’re in big trouble.

I’d rather start Matip

Matip constantly find himself out of position. Look at the penalty incident yesterday. No where near the duell and leave the opening for Zaha to run in.

Yeah TAA is getting far too much shit when he's not getting any help from anyone.

That said, I don't agree that he was much better in the second half than the first. There was one bit with about ten mins to go where he gave Zaha about 10 yards and clearly had no idea where he was.

But there's no one else, so he starts. Klopp's job is to tell whoever is in front of him and next to him to scream at him all match, and cover as much of his ground as they can, and expect him to fuck up and be there in case he does. That's quite obviously not happening.

Matip constantly find himself out of position. Look at the penalty incident yesterday. No where near the duell and leave the opening for Zaha to run in.
So now it's Matip's fault that TAA is out of position? Jesus Christ...

Uh oh ... is Trent going to get bracketed with Lallana and Henderson in the Modo hall of hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom