• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Arne to Clarence sharing a nice little exchange.

From 1 icon to another.
Yeah, quite nice watching the interviews. Strange it feels like there are more prominant footballers of Dut h background that have an interest in Liverpool games because of the Dutch influence. With Klopp it felt like there was no interest from Germany beyond their press.

Probably lost it when she said he needs a titty suck break every 15-20 minutes
24e86088-fc05-4a99-8623-5f9717434f7c_text.gif

I'd sign him so we can rotate him with Macca and Gravy.
Cause the other options are @moron 's lover boy and a 42 year old Japanese guy

We should obviously sign him in my opinion if he becomes available. The emergence of Gravadona doesnt change that.

We need to build a strong squad and he is deffo someone who improves it.

He has the quality, but is he in the right mental/emotional space? Unlike some I never criticised his preference for staying at a club where he felt so much at home, but the other side of that coin is: how genuine is his wish to come now, and will he be able to cope and show his best if he does?

TBH I'd take some persuading.

Given that we dont know what has been said during the negotiations and reasons for rejecting our offer, I think thats difficult to answer. But there is nothing to suggest that he doesnt have the mental toughness to succeed.
His ties to the club, region and family says a lot about him as a person in all honesty. Not everything should be looked at with a negative view.

If he is the midfielder they want. Then go for it again.

I don't agree about "nothing to suggest". What concerns me isn't the fact that he rejected our offer - as my previous post makes clear, I don't hold his loyalty to his background against him at all. It's the fact that he dithered over things for such a long time before finally saying "no", only now apparently - if the reports are accurate - to be changing his mind again.

I'm not saying we defo shouldn't go in for him, but we'd need to do every possible bit of due diligence on his mental and emotional outlook first, and we'd need to be willing to turn away again if we weren't convinced by what we found.

Come Jan, I think we need to look at LB positions. We need an improvement on Robbo and Tsimikas, and if there is any money left then address other areas

You and @binomial and quite a few other Curtis haters will eventually realize he is the most talented player in our squad. There is NO WAY that Slot sells him, he would have seen him in training and realized that he is so press resistant that it will take like minimum of 2 players to get the ball way from him. You Curtis haters can dream, but eventually you will realize like you usually do when he has a run of games. As soon as he is fit he will be in the team both Liverpool and England.

Thanks but no thanks. Apart from the fact he already rejected us. I just think he's too lightweight to play as a 6 in the prem.
Glad you picked up on that and stated it on here. I do worry about this - but I guess we have to trust the process and the management. Once thing is clear - we do need an extra midfielder.

You and @binomial and quite a few other Curtis haters will eventually realize he is the most talented player in our squad. There is NO WAY that Slot sells him, he would have seen him in training and realized that he is so press resistant that it will take like minimum of 2 players to get the ball way from him. You Curtis haters can dream, but eventually you will realize like you usually do when he has a run of games. As soon as he is fit he will be in the team both Liverpool and England.
Mhm, let's see how he does against WH

exactly what i was going to say

i’m not holding anything against him, it was a tough decision and it’ll only be a few months later

Back
Top Bottom