• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

There you go @moron
Thanks - interesting read - cannot complain about the mums decision given the condition of her husband. But whenever I have seen him play for France - he is a very active midfielder - you notice him in the build up play. Given his age - if Gravey turns out to be the man then having him as an extra might be enough - he is a big guy, and the article says he is slow, but when France play he is no slouch. But I think he probably wants to start which we would not guarantee.

Christian Falk reported that the Merseysiders did hold talks with Brajan Gruda’s entourage, though couldn’t evolve conversations to the point of a transfer.

Brighton & Hove Albion instead swooped for the Germany U21 international in a £25m deal.

“One other English club also knocked on the door this summer – it was Liverpool,” the Bundesliga reporter wrote in his Fact Files column for CaughtOffside.

“I heard that Liverpool were interested in him and perhaps they made a mistake not getting concrete with this one. That’s also the case for Bayern Munich, of course! In the end, they all couldn’t give him guarantees for this position, but they tried. They saw the big talent of Gruda.

“Liverpool were the only club from England’s Big Six who were talking with the management, but in the middle class of clubs in England there were plenty of sides who were interested in him. If Liverpool had been concrete for Gruda, it would have been a big challenge for Brighton to sign him.”

I hear this lad is some talent. Brighton is probably the right place for him to get PL experience and he should play rather than sitting on our bench, can't blame the lad for making the smart choice.

Brighton are pretty stacked for talent in wide areas, and this was before they signed Gruda (Mitoma, March, Adingra, Minteh, Enciso, Barco).......has he even made a single of their match day squad this season?

I hear this lad is some talent. Brighton is probably the right place for him to get PL experience and he should play rather than sitting on our bench, can't blame the lad for making the smart choice.
He didn't have a choice to make (between us and them) as we didn't follow up interest.

He didn't have a choice to make (between us and them) as we didn't follow up interest.
True but assuming we would have if we felt he was the ONE anyway which I assume he isn't just the ONE yet.
Although I don't think he has yet played for Brighton yet and Brighton's transfers this season strike me as a little incoherent and some big gambles in there this summer.

Think he leaves in January.

Caoimhin Kelleher speaking ahead of Ireland vs Greece: “I made it clear in the last few years that I want to go somewhere and be a number one. The club has made that decision to get a goalkeeper which makes it look like they’ve made a decision to go another direction. Liverpool have rejected a few bids as well. It’s not always in my hands to fully make the decision. My ambition is clear. I’m good enough & I want to go and play week in, week out.”

Caoimhin Kelleher speaking ahead of Ireland vs Greece: “I made it clear in the last few years that I want to go somewhere and be a number one. The club has made that decision to get a goalkeeper which makes it look like they’ve made a decision to go another direction. Liverpool have rejected a few bids as well. It’s not always in my hands to fully make the decision. My ambition is clear. I’m good enough & I want to go and play week in, week out.”

I can't imagine we sell before the summer, but he looks a dead cert to go.

It's a mystery to me.

He wants to go
We want to sell
He's been fantastic every time he's played.

So why aren't there any substantial bids? Brentford, Bournemouth, West Ham, Forest, Leicester, Southampton could all do with a solid keeper but they've all gone for inferior quality at higher prices.

It's a mystery to me.

He wants to go
We want to sell
He's been fantastic every time he's played.

So why aren't there any substantial bids? Brentford, Bournemouth, West Ham, Forest, Leicester, Southampton could all do with a solid keeper but they've all gone for inferior quality at higher prices.

I’m surprised we didn’t sell and bump Jaros up to back up.

I think it's clear. We want to get him to next summer and then let him go on a free instead of a fee. It's how we do biz nowadays

Caoimhin Kelleher speaking ahead of Ireland vs Greece: “ The club has made that decision to get a goalkeeper which makes it look like they’ve made a decision to go another direction. ”

Must be a bit disappointing.

If we're in with a shout in Jan, it's not worth risking our season for the sake of a few extra mill.

I dont think there is much between Jaros or Kelleher in all honesty. Which one of those that are our nr 2 wont change our season.

I rate Kelleher and he’s a great nr 2. But he isnt good enough to be a starting GK for us.
He doesnt have that type of aura or mentality either imho.

Look at the mad Georgian. He has the I’ll be the best GK in the World one day attitude.

Kelleher is a great keeper, as Klopp said, the best number 2 in the world. I don't see him as a number 1 for a top four side, but he has it in him to be a mainstay in the tier below.
He's been very patient and hasn't grumbled, he's done a really good job when needed and if he wants a move then I think he deserves one and we should let him go at a fair price with our best wishes.

International, trophy winning, penalty shootout keeper, learning from one of the best to do it.

25m is an insulting offer

Southampton also brought a starting English Keeper for 2nd placed PL last year for initial £18m. It's a strange market for Keepers.

Back
Top Bottom