• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Anyway, hope we keep Morton. 6 midfielders is definitely not enough to get through a 55 game season, especially when one of them (Jones) is pretty injury prone

Morton is ready - 2 consecutive years of 3000+ minutes - so he is ready for the demands of high-level first team football. The fact that Leverkusen and Leipzig both want him shows that we're underrating him a bit as well

Can cover both 6 and 8, and as a squad midfielder, he's likely a far more value-for-money guy than any signing we could make

Makes sense to splash the guy only on someone who comes in and commands the no. 6 spot instantly. Aside from Zubimendi, we clearly feel the no. 6 market isn't great (and I tend to agree). Fwiw, I don't think Zubimendi is some elite player either

£55 mill isn't that high, I mean depending on how good he is. I mean how much did Man U pay for Anthony...

The only barometer Anthony is good for is the useless cunt scale. Using him for anything else is pretty dangerous!

I do think an LCB/ LCB hybrid is someone we really should have looked at. Gomez's value is at his peak - and I'd have considered selling him and getting the best LB/LCB in the market

The versatility of switching to a back 3 build-up with Trent inverting would have been a very useful tactical option for Slot

Tsimikas and Robertson are much the same, and are both declining

Anyway, hope we keep Morton. 6 midfielders is definitely not enough to get through a 55 game season, especially when one of them (Jones) is pretty injury prone

Morton is ready - 2 consecutive years of 3000+ minutes - so he is ready for the demands of high-level first team football. The fact that Leverkusen and Leipzig both want him shows that we're underrating him a bit as well

Can cover both 6 and 8, and as a squad midfielder, he's likely a far more value-for-money guy than any signing we could make

Makes sense to splash the guy only on someone who comes in and commands the no. 6 spot instantly. Aside from Zubimendi, we clearly feel the no. 6 market isn't great (and I tend to agree). Fwiw, I don't think Zubimendi is some elite player either
It's no surprise you are in agreement with me

Hi All erm just wondering ... whats the word on the street ? Are we gonna get a defensive midfielder ? How is Gomez feeling like ?

Any news guys on the street ? - are there ANY links to a midfielder potentially signing up with us ? - are we that pathetic now that we cannot attract any midfielder ? give me a name or something @bluebell - what is the word on the street man ?

Apparently there's a bidding war ongoing for Doak (loan obv).
Lots of interest in Kaide Gordon.

Morton is staying put. I think Jones getting injured might have been a wake up call for Slot.

Any news guys on the street ? - are there ANY links to a midfielder potentially signing up with us ? - are we that pathetic now that we cannot attract any midfielder ? give me a name or something @bluebell - what is the word on the street man ?
It's Hughes mate, you got more chance of winning the lottery twice in row than Hughes being able to sign anyone whose club isn't desperate to sell him. We will be okay till Jan with Morton and Endo as #6 and Gomez covering all defensive positions

I can live with the squad trimming and lack of transfer action (with a sprinkle of Chiesa)…it’s the lack of contract progress / clarity that’s difficult to stomach.

I can live with the squad trimming and lack of transfer action (with a sprinkle of Chiesa)…it’s the lack of contract progress / clarity that’s difficult to stomach.
Maybe you want to check in with the players and their agents?

From the little I know about Boro, Carrick has proved himself a very decent coach and has done a good job there.

It's the right level for Doak, too. He needs a very impressive year if he's to stand any chance of making it here.

It’s on the club to progress things and if that’s not possible be active in succession planning / selling etc
Yeah sorry but that really doesn't fly if, as I assume, the agents/players are waiting to see what happens, how successful or otherwise the team is, and what their position will be, under Slot and his tactical adjustments to the playing style. I completely understand them sitting on the fence for now. January would be the time to worry if there is no progress and sell if the end is clear and we're not in the running for the PL.

Although clearly the club have covered their asses with the new GK in case Ali doesn't sign a new contract (maybe he's made it known he's off). We'll have to wait and see what happens with the other three, it's impossible to believe there is no succession planning but sometimes it doesn't work out as well as hoped for (e.g. Mane+Firmino) when trying to replace world class players.
We aren't (and likely they wouldn't agree anyway) going to bring in '£70-80m' players to sit on the bench, as that could even work to push players out of the club.

Back
Top Bottom