• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

True but assuming we would have if we felt he was the ONE anyway which I assume he isn't just the ONE yet.
Although I don't think he has yet played for Brighton yet and Brighton's transfers this season strike me as a little incoherent and some big gambles in there this summer.
Seems to me, after some coffer filling deals in the past few years, Brighton have decided they are all in. Buy 5, 6, 7 or 8 players at very decent lowish prices and hopefully sell on 2-3 of them at prices which will cover the lot or more.

Seems to me, after some coffer filling deals in the past few years, Brighton have decided they are all in. Buy 5, 6, 7 or 8 players at very decent lowish prices and hopefully sell on 2-3 of them at prices which will cover the lot or more.
They aren't really low though, range from 20-40m and spent effectively their profit over the last few years in one summer. Bit of a gamble but then Bloom is a high stakes poker player.

Nah. Ramsdales shite and on the downturn. Johnstone is shite. Big qweev is great

Its a more realistic fee comparison than the PSR goalie from Forest though
Unproven at this time in the eyes of legality. At the moment it's legally the case Newcastle wanted to buy forests shit 4th choice 30+year old keeper for 20m

If Onana went to the Mancs for Euro 51m then Kelleher's worth that at least.
You can't use the Mancs as a barometer for prices. They paid €90m for Antony, £55m for Mount and €75m for Hojland. Considering the only offer we've had was from Forest which was £7m plus a stale piece of bread, I doubt anyone else is as stupid as the Reds(Man U).
There is no going anywhere now and in the Winter he can ask for a loan deal if no offer comes

Yes Newcastle spent 20m on Vlachodimos
& yes Utd spent 47m on Onana

But also;

Wolves spent 10m on Johnstone
Ipswich spent 8m on Muric
Spurs spent 17m on Vicario
Brighton spent 16m on Vergbruggen
Brentford spent 11m on Flekken
Bournemouth got in Neto on a free to be their #1 for 2 seasons.
Keepers around Europe are going for similiar.

So where do you draw the line? The fee is going to vary by club isn't it........we can't expect a Brentford, Palace or Bournemouth for example to pay what Newcastle/Chelsea/Utd are for their keepers.

Back
Top Bottom