• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/1f4zr1g/i_think_joyce_is_getting_excited_today_with_his/

Arne Slot has told Stefan Bajcetic he can become a “very important player” for Liverpool after he completed a loan move to RB Salzburg.

“I hope it will be a big year for him because he’s a very talented player and I think he could become a very important player for us, but only if he gets playing time now,” said the Liverpool head coach.

“If you are that young and you’ve been out for so long, the only thing you need is playing time.

“He could have playing time over here, but we’ve got six or seven very good midfielders, so his playing time here will always be more limited than we expect him to play at Salzburg.

“So for him, and us, we think it’s best for him to play at the moment, instead of maybe playing a few times and then being on the bench for a long time again.

“It’s very difficult to keep a player fit, who’s been out for 15 months when you only play him once in a while.

“So this is for the long term. Again, this club has been smart, in my opinion, for not only looking for the short term, but also the long term. It’s a smart decision, at least in our opinion, to let him go somewhere, where he will hopefully play a lot of games.

“Then for next season, we’ll have a player. If he fulfils his potential, could definitely, definitely play for us in the future.”

Has Rabiot signed for anyone yet???

Just sayin!!!!
Nope... He isn't a bad option either to have. It's whether Slot feels Rabiot would add any value.
If I had to choose between Endo and Rabiot to play 6, I would choose Rabiot. Pretty sure Hughes isn't gonna make a bid

Nope... He isn't a bad option either to have. It's whether Slot feels Rabiot would add any value.
If I had to choose between Endo and Rabiot to play 6, I would choose Rabiot. Pretty sure Hughes isn't gonna make a bid
Rabiot isn't someone you sign and pay high wages just to sit on the bench. Also he's close to 30. Short time solution that.

Rabiot isn't someone you sign and pay high wages just to sit on the bench. Also he's close to 30. Short time solution that.

I’m not necessarily advocating signing him, but the fact that no- one has might encourage him to lower whatever demands he might have and not be very expensive - some wages is better than no wages, no?

Absolutely would be a short term solution - so was Endo.

I’m happy to wait though.

I’m not necessarily advocating signing him, but the fact that no- one has might encourage him to lower whatever demands he might have and not be very expensive - some wages is better than no wages, no?

Absolutely would be a short term solution - so was Endo.

I’m happy to wait though.
I'm with you, I think we should get another midfielder in cause I don't fully trust Endo and Jones ( Morton is an unknown entity at this point in time).

What do we do next year when Bajcetic is back and he suddenly has to compete with Rabiot as well?

Well it might work if we sell Endo and Jones.

I'm with you, I think we should get another midfielder in cause I don't fully trust Endo and Jones ( Morton is an unknown entity at this point in time).

What do we do next year when Bajcetic is back and he suddenly has to compete with Rabiot as well?

Well it might work if we sell Endo and Jones.

If we were to sign Rabiot - we could do it on a short term basis - we don’t have to offer him a long term contract.

Again… I’d rather give Morton a chance - but that’s really up to Slot and what he sees on the training ground.

If we were to sign Rabiot - we could do it on a short term basis - we don’t have to offer him a long term contract.

Again… I’d rather give Morton a chance - but that’s really up to Slot and what he sees on the training ground.
I know - I was crazy for a midfielder - but I don't think I could handle him - mainly because of the reports of his mother scare the shit out of me.

I know - I was crazy for a midfielder - but I don't think I could handle him - mainly because of the reports of his mother scare the shit out of me.

So… you have mummy issues.

This explains a lot.

Actually… have you read up Rabiot’s history, what happened his father, his time at City and his mother back then, rather than the more recent stories.

There was a Guardian article a while back - was interesting.

So… you have mummy issues.

This explains a lot.

Actually… have you read up Rabiot’s history, what happened his father, his time at City and his mother back then, rather than the more recent stories.

There was a Guardian article a while back - was interesting.
I had no idea he was at city

Messaged my Maltese Juve-supporting cousin about him. Lukewarm response: "dependable but not outstanding - I'd have expected Liverpool to set their sights higher".

At that rate I'm far from convinced he'd be much (if any) of an upgrade on Endo, who I don't reckon gets enough credit on here anyway.

Messaged my Maltese Juve-supporting cousin about him. Lukewarm response: "dependable but not outstanding - I'd have expected Liverpool to set their sights higher".

At that rate I'm far from convinced he'd be much (if any) of an upgrade on Endo, who I don't reckon gets enough credit on here anyway.
Lost track of which thread I was in, and thought you were talking about Chiesa. Had me worried

Rabiot would be an awful signing. He would expect to play every game and would kick up a stink if he didn't. He's not the type of guy you want in the dressing room. Then there's his mother who is quick to go to social media anytime anything isn't right in her eyes. Thanks but no thanks. We have harmony in our squad. I'd like it to stay that way.

Back
Top Bottom