• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

We're scoring and not conceding and the guys scoring are our FWDs. I have no idea what you're talking about. In the new system we create a far fewer XGs but we also concede far fewer XGs.
The only reason Nunez is struggling is because he isn't getting the run of games he needs to get moment

Darwin isn't scoring because he's thick as fuck and couldn't finish his dinner.

And I LIKE him. I want him to come good.

Darwin isn't scoring because he's thick as fuck and couldn't finish his dinner.

And I LIKE him. I want him to come good.

I reckon we might be able to convince PSG to pay something close to what we paid for him - they desperately need a striker by all accounts - he’d do fine there as he tends to score mostly against shit teams at club level anyway.

That may just give us the funds to go after a Sesko type player.

If Nunez is to go then I like the look of Gyokeres as much as Sesko.

11 goals in 8 games this year.
29 in 33 last year.
Scoring one in two both in Eurupa League and CL.
Has some experience of English football, albeit lower level.

If we're looking for a 'finisher' to compete with Jota, he could be the man. Maybe not as good at dribbling, but certainly physically stronger on the ball.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSeF5LBTC6w

Anyway, I'm well accepting of the idea that Edwards/Hughes can identify someone better and more suitable.

No new contracts.
Sell every promising kid we have to offset our spending from last summer.
Sign absolutely fucking no one to improve the XI this summer.

What kind of circus are these mongs running?

Bunch of cunts that crumble, then hide when asked to keep the club on top longer than 2 years.

No new contracts.

Bunch of cunts that crumble, then hide when asked to keep the club on top longer than 2 years.
To be fair and putting on my FSG hat...we are top of the league, the team is better than most teams in the PL and they probably felt more can be done with the squad of talent we have than what Klopp achieved last season. So far they are being proven right, and its likely we will sign someone in January. I am more worried about VVD not signing more than any new players joining. If Mo and Trent leave then so be it.

FSG are at heart gamblers who want max return on minimum outlay on players. I get that, and had it not been for all the injuries under Klopp we could have won more.

No new contracts.

The circus that’s currently top of the league?

We are struggling, that last game against palace in terms of chances taken and scored is what our norm is. Jotta should have got a hatrick, and Mo did not look like scoring at all. I really hope we dont give Mo a long extension, I see much of the same issues as last season in him.
At the end of last season we all said that if we became more compact we would create far less but also concede far less. So, thats what we have done. We have scored in 6 out of 7 games and won 6 out of 7 and we're top of the league.

Nither Slot nor Edwards nor Hughes were at the club in March.

It’s as good a start as we could have hoped for.

The good start is all down to Arne, he and the players take the credit for the work they put it.

Hughes and Edwards have done fuck all. In fact they're doing everything they can to fuck it up by not backing him and by not sorting out the contracts of 3 of the most important players in recent history, the silly mongs.

The good start is all down to Arne, he and the players take the credit for the work they put it.

Hughes and Edwards have done fuck all. In fact they're doing everything they can to fuck it up by not backing him and by not sorting out the contracts of 3 of the most important players in recent history, the silly mongs.

You’re sounding like an angsty toddler.

Chill… let things play out - there are a million reasons the contracts aren’t sorted out and Edwards/Hughes doing “fuck all” and “not backing him [Slot]” are unlikely to be on the list of what’s actually happening.

You’re sounding like an angsty toddler.

Chill… let things play out - there are a million reasons the contracts aren’t sorted out and Edwards/Hughes doing “fuck all” and “not backing him [Slot]” are unlikely to be on the list of what’s actually happening.
Well maybe if they pulled their thumbs out each others cracks and did something positive, I wouldn't have to sound like an angsty toddler. Until such time, I'll carry on telling everyone what a pair of cunts they are 🙂

Well maybe if they pulled their thumbs out each others cracks and did something positive, I wouldn't have to sound like an angsty toddler. Until such time, I'll carry on telling everyone what a pair of cunts they are 🙂

Well… you can be pretty sure they don’t have their thumbs up each other’s arse.

I would imagine any impasse with Virgil & Mo will be about contract length and whether they can get a salary increase - I’d be asking for 3 years and at least a small increase.

On the flip side, I’d be offering same or different terms, ie restructuring the contract to have a lower base salary, with add ons and a shorter length.

That’ll likely be what they argue over.

Trent’s different - this is his most important contract where he effectively decides to spend his peak years at the club.

For sure he’ll want to be one of the top earners, but he’s likely also wanting to see if the Slot era is going to deliver the trophies he wants, or is he going to spend his best years here while we slip down the league a bit.

None of these are straightforward.

Well… you can be pretty sure they don’t have their thumbs up each other’s arse.

I would imagine any impasse with Virgil & Mo will be about contract length and whether they can get a salary increase - I’d be asking for 3 years and at least a small increase.

On the flip side, I’d be offering same or different terms, ie restructuring the contract to have a lower base salary, with add ons and a shorter length.

That’ll likely be what they argue over.

Trent’s different - this is his most important contract where he effectively decides to spend his peak years at the club.

For sure he’ll want to be one of the top earners, but he’s likely also wanting to see if the Slot era is going to deliver the trophies he wants, or is he going to spend his best years here while we slip down the league a bit.

None of these are straightforward.
I think that's right in terms of the parameters, but I'd add that I'd expect Trent to want a release clause so that he has a way out if things don't go to plan, and I think the club will push back on that as they won't want to set a precedent. That was what happened with Emre Can, but he was much less of a loss than Trent would be. I think we should agree a reasonable clause in his case, and then aim to negotiate it away at the next renewal, having hopefully eased any concerns in the meantime by winning a quad of quads.

What happened to that jayden Danns lad? There was about three days last year where he was nailed on for the balloon doors.

We are struggling, that last game against palace in terms of chances taken and scored is what our norm is. Jotta should have got a hatrick, and Mo did not look like scoring at all. I really hope we dont give Mo a long extension, I see much of the same issues as last season in him.
We hold on to players to long when they are not performing any longer and then let them go for free.
Case in point Daniel Sturridge,AOC, Agger
If we had sold Salah at the start of this season we would have had £100-120m toward buy a replacement
Instead we have a player who wants a new bumper contract for the next two years an whos form is dipping lower and lower

We hold on to players to long when they are not performing any longer and then let them go for free.
If we had sold Salah at the start of this season we would have had £100-120m toward buy a replacement
Instead we have a player who wants a new bumper contract for the next two years an whos form is dipping lower and lower
They new Klopp was leaving in November, they should have had negotiations then. It bemuses me that we have a self sustaining model but we would rather see players walk for free then sell them a year or two before their contracts end

I'm going to assume these lads at the helm have a little more insight than I

They sold a lot of peripheral players for 70M this summer.

Edwards has earned a lot of trust. There's likely some brinkmanship going on with the players. As Stevie said, they are not fools, so let it play out

Agger didn't leave on a free. He forced the club's hand to let him leave even though he was still under contract, and when Brondby expressed an interest he wouldn't go anywhere else.
He was one of the dominant personalities in that dressing room, and Brendan couldn't handle them all, so one by one they left, even though some of them still had something left in the tank. Mild-mannered, average Mignolet in, big personality and still a top keeper in Pepe Reina out? Nah. Brendan couldn't bear the thought that he wasn't the top dog in that group.

Agger didn't leave on a free. He forced the club's hand to let him leave even though he was still under contract, and when Brondby expressed an interest he wouldn't go anywhere else.
He was one of the dominant personalities in that dressing room, and Brendan couldn't handle them all, so one by one they left, even though some of them still had something left in the tank. Mild-mannered, average Mignolet in, big personality and still a top keeper in Pepe Reina out? Nah. Brendan couldn't bear the thought that he wasn't the top dog in that group.
1_Rodgers.jpg

Back
Top Bottom