• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

i’d presume my employers finally figured out how little i do and i’m now driving a moped with a dominos box on the back

To answer my own question, no. Looking at Bruno’s stats on the prem website he shits on Dom.

Haven’t started a thread in a while, might open 1 up with a poll to rank this summer window. Fucking stupid hillbilly cunts.

It says a lot for how much bullshit there is in the press that this thread is up to 56 pages, despite a separate thread on Zubi, and we haven't signed any of these fuckers.
EDIT - although most of the thread is us all moaning that we haven't signed anyone, TBF.

With inflation, it now takes 100 pages here for us to sign ANYONE, let alone a specific player.

To answer my own question, no. Looking at Bruno’s stats on the prem website he shits on Dom.

He's proper good. Obviously a bullshit rumour but I'd be made up if he signed him

I guess Gordon is more likely. Not overly enthusiastic about that for the touted price but it makes sense if we need to replace Diaz

I bet Christmas is fun in the Hughes household!!!

“Kids… your mum and I monitored the shops to see what you were available this Christmas, but we felt that the toys that were available were significantly better that the toys you already have… so there’ll be no presents this year. What we might do is re-wrap a couple of earlier presents… but don’t worry, we’ll probably buy you something next year”.

I can’t quite shift the image of Binomial sitting in the corner sobbing at being told he’s not getting presents this Christmas… like a toddler…. Hugging his favourite Teddy Bear called Darwin.
@StevieM - it's not just Binomial - but I don't think I will be able to hold back the tears of joy if we do sign anyone this summer who is first team material. Honestly - I wish we SCM had a youtube channel - I would let it all out with my tears of joy - I would be like:

"We did it, we found someone that wants to play for our club.., I can't believe, it we signed someone, FSG and Top Reds for Life , thank you John Henry" (tears, crying, joyful smile, and cock out on display if it turned out to be a DM).

@StevieM - it's not just Binomial - but I don't think I will be able to hold back the tears of joy if we do sign anyone this summer who is first team material. Honestly - I wish we SCM had a youtube channel - I would let it all out with my tears of joy - I would be like:

"We did it, we found someone that wants to play for our club.., I can't believe, it we signed someone, FSG and Top Reds for Life , thank you John Henry" (tears, crying, joyful smile, and cock out on display if it turned out to be a DM).

You’ll never be a top top top top red!!!

I would rather sign nothing spend that much on both of those chancers.
Agree - that is way too much, and Bruno - he is from Brazil right ?and 26/27 years old ? - that means we may only get 2 years max out of him before he falls apart.

Then count me out.

Only subscribing if I gotta pay.
yes but in reality I won't be showing my big soldier, - I was jut trying to impress upon our Top Red @StevieM - the level of happiness I would feel if we actually got a DM this window. That's all mate, I just want him to understand report back to FSG / Top Reds Masonics - that is the level of desperation in the fanbase and that maybe it should be addressed this transfer window.

It says a lot for how much bullshit there is in the press that this thread is up to 56 pages, despite a separate thread on Zubi, and we haven't signed any of these fuckers.
EDIT - although most of the thread is us all moaning that we haven't signed anyone, TBF.
I think the people on SCM are amazing - we have not signed anyone - and yet we manage to produce this high level of conversation on not signing anyone. This is a quality site - we need more members, we should be the largest LFC Fan Forum in the world by now. I love this site and all of you, we should be proud of our achievements and the sophisticated level of discussions we have.

The point would be that “signing someone” is a mechanism to help solve an issue but no in itself the solution.

Let’s take the centre of our defence right now.

What would improve it, is a change in tactics so as not to expose our CB’s and to have a regular, consistent partnership.

The first, is for Slot to address in his tactics.

The second is more interesting.

We could either :
A) Go out and buy the best right centre back available
B) Gamble on Konate staying fit
C) Give Quansah a chance to nail the role
D) Take a chance on Sepp coming good.

Personally, I was all for A, but C is a decent option too and if that’s the way we want to go, I’m fine with it - we probably can’t sign top players around the 22-25 age range, play them every game (which they need) AND develop U21’s giving them enough game time.

You can apply that to numerous positions across the team - stick with Diaz or Nunez or replace them, etc, etc.

That’s not to absolve our “recruitment team”, they’re not covering themselves in glory… but… also I’m kind of glad we’ve recognised we have a fucking good squad and haven’t gone down the route of “new manager wants to sign loads of players he’s worked with before” - you don’t have to look too far to see how that strategy is going for a baldy Dutchman and his team.

The point would be that “signing someone” is a mechanism to help solve an issue but no in itself the solution.

Let’s take the centre of our defence right now.

What would improve it, is a change in tactics so as not to expose our CB’s and to have a regular, consistent partnership.

The first, is for Slot to address in his tactics.

The second is more interesting.

We could either :
A) Go out and buy the best right centre back available
B) Gamble on Konate staying fit
C) Give Quansah a chance to nail the role
D) Take a chance on Sepp coming good.

Personally, I was all for A, but C is a decent option too and if that’s the way we want to go, I’m fine with it - we probably can’t sign top players around the 22-25 age range, play them every game (which they need) AND develop U21’s giving them enough game time.

You can apply that to numerous positions across the team - stick with Diaz or Nunez or replace them, etc, etc.

That’s not to absolve our “recruitment team”, they’re not covering themselves in glory… but… also I’m kind of glad we’ve recognised we have a fucking good squad and haven’t gone down the route of “new manager wants to sign loads of players he’s worked with before” - you don’t have to look too far to see how that strategy is going for a baldy Dutchman and his team.
Oh - you are so good and really love the way you take on the role of the FSG front man.
Let me be clear - could not give 2 fucks about an RB, a defender etc. I think we are well covered in those positions - and the people on here that want those two places plus talking of LB position as well are not thinking straight - and truly that might be a case of wanting signings for the sake of signings.

Your reasoning does not excuse us not getting the DM that we desperately need, and as many have pointed out the options we have are nothing more than temporary high level risks. When the going gets tough none of those 8's/10's pretending to be 6's will cover our arses. The biggest delusion on here is the idea that Mac10 can play that role - yes he can, but at the same time giving some us heart-attack moments, and costing us games/wins like he did last season.

As for the squad - as a whole - I rate them so fucking highly - and better than any other team in those positions in the whole league, the midfielders we have are the most press-resistant skilful lot out of all the teams in the PL - that's how happy I am with the rest of the players despite doubts that people have. As I keep trying to tell you - 3 seasons and no DM ? - THAT IS NOT NORMAL.

Just want to add @StevieM - that if we do get that DM, I would be like "Linda take a break tonight - I will suck John off tonight"

Back
Top Bottom