• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Even if true, everyone knows we are desperate so it will be 111m, only for him to reject the move on the last day of the transfer window.

Yeah, probably.. after we tried to low-ball his wages to offset the transfer fee.

Edwards and Hughes are all over the place. I said it before, but Klopp made them look good.

Before Klopp, Edwards was signing the likes of Aspas and Markovic

Hughes was announced as sporting director in March for god's sake. He's had 5 months to prepare, and hasn't delivered a single signing or a single contract renewal. Only club in top 5 leagues not to make a signing, and we're fed the bullshit that this window is too difficult because of the Euros and the Olympics

I can see Barcelona turning Diaz over the next 2 weeks, and us failing to even sign Gordon as Newcastle hold out for 80 million. Calling it first

Thats a very simplistic way to look at it though. Klopp wanted Brandt, Edwards wanted Salah. There are plenty of examples were this goes both ways. Edwards is one of the best in the business. Dont let a Zubimendi change of heart lead to some knee jerking. I dont think Klopp would have been enough either to convince Zubimendis family to move away from Spain.
And, we've been discussing for ages that Klopp was to loyal to players (Henderson), so how does he make the others look good?

Richard Hughes started working for Liverpool June 1st, not March.
He wont and shouldnt be judged on one transfer window and the contract renewals can be done after the Transfer deadline at the end of August.

A bit of common sense is needed in all this. If we rock up at Sept 1st without any signings then questions need to be asked and rightfully so. But 2 months into the new job with a new manager it all feels a bit needy and expecting quick results. The days of every player link getting media attention are gone given the new set up. They all work without any noise. Just because the media arent linking us to someone doesnt mean that nothing is happeing.

18 days to go. Lets see, and then potentially cry about it in Sept.

Not getting Zubamendi doesn't bother me at all.
However, the fact that we went all in on one player again is extremely embarrassing.

And now the spin doctors are working overtime making us think that it's all part of the plan and the squad is great as is.

WE STILL DON'T HAVE A BACKUP TO SALAH?! WTF!!!

What we brief the media with and what our strategy is are two very different things though.
I wouldnt pay much attention to what was reported yesterday. Not to long ago we were supposed to start the season with Ward, and then....

To believe that the scouting team and Hughes wont have alternatives to Zubimendi is a bit simple in all honesty.
Its quite obvious that we do, as we have for every position that we target.

I’m more pissed off that journalists were briefed that zucchini had given his word he was joining. Clearly we overestimated how close we were to actually getting him.

What we brief the media with and what our strategy is are two very different things though.
I wouldnt pay much attention to what was reported yesterday. Not to long ago we were supposed to start the season with Ward, and then....

To believe that the scouting team and Hughes wont have alternatives to Zubimendi is a bit simple in all honesty.
Its quite obvious that we do, as we have for every position that we target.
Aha and where are they? Season starts on Sunday.
Other clubs got their transfers done weeks ago.
And don't give me that bullshit about us having a new manager.
Rafa managed to sign at least four players during his first summer at LFC while also losing Michael Owen and that summer was also disrupted by the Euros.

This summer's failings are all on Hughes & to a lesser extent Edwards for appointing this dopey balloon headed smurf.

Exact same squad that was running on empty 5 months ago, unbelievable.

Get Jorg back, at least he knew how to trigger a fucking release clause.

Hjulmand (just took over captaincy at Sporting though)? Stiller (Endo in a swap deal to soften the blow for Stuttgart)?

Stuttgart might be an easier club to negotiate with...

View: https://x.com/DataMB_/status/1823358011466805351
Untitled.jpg

Just go all out for Adam Wharton.

Fill Palace with so much cash they won't even pick up phone calls from Newcastle or City.

Or we could wait until they make him captain like Varela and Hjulmand. Good luck trying then.

What's the worst that could happen? Another rejection? Life will go on. When City get relegated splash it again on Rodri.

Fill Palace with so much cash they won't even pick up phone calls from Newcastle or City.

Or we could wait until they make him captain like Varela and Hjulmand. Good luck trying then.

What's the worst that could happen? Another rejection? Life will go on. When City get relegated splash it again on Rodri.
Palace will want £100 mill

No, we're smarter than that.

I mean we're too broke for that. We're too smartly broke to not do that. (if we were smart or the least bit competent then we would've got him 6 months ago after he'd been playing alongside our loanee).

1 Wharton gets you Ederson, Bakayoko and could've got you someone like Pavlovic who ended up at Milan for 20m. What would you rather have?

& here was me thinking Barca putting a billion release clause on Yamal last year was crazy, now I'm not so sure.

Melissa Reddys conclusions are as we all know the beacon of truth.
Regardless of her history, she's got an excellent point. Let's say this year we finish 6th. Are Ali, Virgil, Salah and Trent really going to stay? 4 world class talents that could have been convinced to stay if we showed any form of ambition in the transfer market. Virgil is on record as saying we need signings.

Regardless of her history, she's got an excellent point. Let's say this year we finish 6th. Are Ali, Virgil, Salah and Trent really going to stay? 4 world class talents that could have been convinced to stay if we showed any form of ambition in the transfer market. Virgil is on record as saying we need signings.

Most on here want Salah gone regardless. So its a bit weird to use as an example.

We need signings, and hopefully we’ll see a few in the next weeks.

Trent will sign a new deal. No doubt.

Back
Top Bottom