• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

@bluebell - are there any links to another potential DM ? I giving Pubes the benefit of the doubt and our owners that they aint as thick as shit and realize we still need a DM and no amount of wishfull thinking will make the problem go away. What are the chances of us going for Ederson, or that Varella chap ? Please let me know.
Unlikely, they have complete faith in CJ and adding another MF will only hinder his progress.
I can't tell you jackshit.. I was hoping they'd get Trent, Salah and VVD sorted, it seems like they've done jack shit, VVD was supposed to have said, there has been no discussion about contracts. WTF is Richard Hughes doing....?
The reality is if we make £7m profit and make very little sales, we are not going to have a big budget when we sell the odd £20m player. If they knew Klopp was leaving back in November why not get rid of Salah in the winter window for £100m+? I really don't understand the insistence to let players walk at the end of their contracts

Unlikely, they have complete faith in CJ and adding another MF will only hinder his progress.
I can't tell you jackshit.. I was hoping they'd get Trent, Salah and VVD sorted, it seems like they've done jack shit, VVD was supposed to have said, there has been no discussion about contracts. WTF is Richard Hughes doing....?
The reality is if we make £7m profit and make very little sales, we are not going to have a big budget when we sell the odd £20m player. If they knew Klopp was leaving back in November why not get rid of Salah in the winter window for £100m+? I really don't understand the insistence to let players walk at the end of their contracts
Certain players are not worth selling because there are no better players than them to do the current job they do for Liverpool, so selling Salah and expecting someone to replicate his goals is a massive risk. I need a DM mate, without one we cannot challenge for the title or CL. I just want a DM, that's all we need.

Well if anything it takes pressure off Slot, if he has one hand tied behind his back, there's not much he can do. Have Edwards and co been brought in to land a miracle signing, or take £20m here and there off the Brentford's of the world so we can justify new contracts?

He should go into the season as fourth choice CB so expect he’ll get playing time in cups at a minimum once Ibu gets his bi monthly injury

Stop fucking lowballing us you cunts, how would you like it if we offered 10m for Bakayoko?

We clearly don’t want Bakayoko or we would have offered them Sepp plus a couple of free Anfield Stadium tour tickets for him.

What winds me up more than most is the smug, arrogant tone of the press briefings, that the club don't believe there's value out there, or that there are no players who can improve the team, etc etc, as if they are somehow operating on a different level to everyone else. Needing to buy players to fill holes and refresh the squad is a fundamental part of football; it's as if the club hierarchy think they're so clever they don't need to do it.

I don't blame players who make their frustration known after being constantly loaned out. The impact of moving around every 12 months—new teammates, a new playing style, a new house, kids needing to change schools, a partner needing to make new friends, and the inability to settle down—can be significant. It's easy to overlook all of this when we're focused on football. While footballers are generally privileged and don't always receive much sympathy, in these cases, it's understandable. It's not too much to say that we're holding them hostage, but there should be a middle ground where we let a player go for a reasonable fee. We're proud of our pathways into the first team from the academy, but we also need to respect the players who don't quite make it. When players like Clarke and Carvalho secure permanent moves relatively quickly without endless loans, it's understandable why he would feel frustrated.

We clearly don’t want Bakayoko or we would have offered them Sepp plus a couple of free Anfield Stadium tour tickets for him.
Lot of players we don't want and no one we do want, & the few we do want, don't want us. Find it hilarious.

I don't blame players who make their frustration known after being constantly loaned out. The impact of moving around every 12 months—new teammates, a new playing style, a new house, kids needing to change schools, a partner needing to make new friends, and the inability to settle down—can be significant. It's easy to overlook all of this when we're focused on football. While footballers are generally privileged and don't always receive much sympathy, in these cases, it's understandable. It's not too much to say that we're holding them hostage, but there should be a middle ground where we let a player go for a reasonable fee. We're proud of our pathways into the first team from the academy, but we also need to respect the players who don't quite make it. When players like Clarke and Carvalho secure permanent moves relatively quickly without endless loans, it's understandable why he would feel frustrated.

They're 20 not 40 mate

Based on zero data, but I’d expect footballers to have a greater % married and with kids than the normal demographic.

Having a family helps keep them somewhat grounded. They also don’t have to spend time saving up for weddings and houses. Childcare isn’t an issue either.

Back
Top Bottom