• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

We either strengthen, or we get left behind, whether that's in a push for top four or a title challenge.
I'm not overly concerned if we wait a few more weeks before doing business given the kinds of players we should be looking at won't be ready to join pre-season straight away anyway.
Replacing a third choice keeper (who didn't play a single minute last year) with a promising youngster is fine.
Saving a bit of cash we might have spent on squaddies to secure new deals for Trent, Virgil and maybe Mo is fine.
But we had to call on a load of kids to win the only trophy we secured last year. That's not fine. Great experience for them and they did superbly well, but it speaks of a squad that was already stretched, and we've since lost 2 players in Matip and Thiago who would at least have been in the match day squad if fit.
But to go from bidding north of £100m for Caicedo to saying we were never going to do much business this summer is bullshit. I hope it's just about managing selling clubs' expectations of our spending power so we keep the prices down.

There are some who would argue that without so many injuries last season, we could have won the league……

& they'd be right to argue that point tbh. Simple matter of the fact is we had way more injuries to first teamers than either City or Arsenal......how closer that would've put us to the title if the shoe were on their feets, who knows. Plus the anti Klopp cunts on VAR can give us the 8-9 points they robbed off the chance of winning too.

We either strengthen, or we get left behind, whether that's in a push for top four or a title challenge.

This is pretty much the be and end all of it, no incomings and we may as well call it a day.

Could well be time to bump that FSG - Good or Bad owners poll thread or whatever it was called.

There are some who would argue that without so many injuries last season, we could have won the league……
Then there are some that are delusional. Plus injuries are part of football and will always happen. Plus klopp gets more out of players than most managers.

James Pearce tax aside.....if that's even half true, then that's fucking scandalous. Probably even adds to why klopp left. Shoestring budget gets you fuck all.

Hoping it's bullshit

why didn’t they just hire me as director of football then? i’m happy doing nothing and i’ll do it for a quarter of the price

The most stunning place I've ever been was Brijuni in Croatia. Little island not far from Pula. You can swim in roman ruins, deer walk up to you in the street (no cars, day trips only place)... So obviously it was where Tito lived. and banned everyone else from visiting.
@Woland you are one of my favourite posters on this forum, I know you are elderly and have been around the world quite a bit in terms of being well travelled, and I love some of your shameless posts, but I need to know...I mean its a transfer thread after all how many women have you slept with in your life-time, and do you remember them all ?

Thanks.

Moron ... that's quite a question, but ask him to list every one and how many kids with each one too ... to test his memory!

All these journo's are fucking hilarious, constantly changing their stories from one thing to another at a flick of a light switch.

First it was "Funds will be made available for Arne to bolster his squad"

Then it's "Just have to wait until Euros and Copa is over and we'll be busy" (It's been over 2 weeks)

Then it's "Given the rise of the academy, it was always going to be a quiet summer" (classic Pearce - the fucking crippled faced looking weasley cunt)

Now it's the above.

Really is incredible how much dick sucking and arse licking they pass around to sell a few fake stories. When Russia and China start dropping nukes on our sorry asses, I hope these guys are the first suffer.

I’d be fine with selling Gomez if he wants to play as a CB. But in a perfect World he’s a excellent squad player and should stay.
Why would you br fine in selling a PL level player that can cover all 4 positions at the back ? He is a very rare talent in that regard and had an outstanding last season plus as a defender he has pace. Its also overlooked by many that he a more experienced member in our squad that proved on more than a few occasions capable of leading the bacl line in VVD absence last season.

Why would you br fine in selling a PL level player that can cover all 4 positions at the back ? He is a very rare talent in that regard and had an outstanding last season plus as a defender he has pace. Its also overlooked by many that he a more experienced member in our squad that proved on more than a few occasions capable of leading the bacl line in VVD absence last season.

Because he’s 27 and seems as though he wants to leave if the stories are to be believed.

50 mill is a great fee for him

Thats a shit reason, his replacement alone would have to be in the region of 60 to 70 M

Its not a shit reason if he wants to leave. If he wants to stay and is happy being rotated for every position in defence, then great.

We'd be mad not to accept a 45m offer for Gomez. He's been a squad player for the last 4 seasons, & let's not forget in 3 of those 4 years he's been absolutely piss. That money would easily get us a top class starting DM/CB.

Gomez is a quality squad player. Doesn't complain and does a good job when called upon. Would be crazy to sell him.

Perhaps he wanted a starting role but we couldn't offer it to him. Realistically where will he play? 45m is alot of money for someone who wouldn't start.

He wants to be a starting CB, and frankly he deserves to.

Let him go (that would be 50 million please..)

Back
Top Bottom