• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

It will be a strange day when one of our best midfielders last year gets shown the door pronto while CJ is still here with us after 5-6 years of more misses than hits.
Not that surprising really. Endo is 32, jones is 23 and home grown. Neither should be sold mind

It will be a strange day when one of our best midfielders last year gets shown the door pronto while CJ is still here with us after 5-6 years of more misses than hits.
If Cujo keeps playing like a ballhogging cunt, he'll be gone next summer.

Is Joao Gomes good enough to play that 6 role in our set up?
I think so. It’s clear we’ve scouted him for some time and he’s now got a very promising prem season under his belt.

He’s quick and super aggressive in the press, and his passing / ball carrying looks potentially superior to Endo already. He’s not an Ugarte type (I don’t think Slot wants that anyway in a double pivot), he’s more offensive, but he’s got something of the Masher about him in potential.

I like him and I reckon 50-60m gets him.

Rice is English and overrated. So of course it's going to be an inflated price.

Arsenal would ask for £100 mill if we tried to sign Smith-Rowe.
Doesn’t matter the reason, arguably the three biggest names in that position all upwards of $100m so we’d be paying similar to get that level of quality in that position.

Worth noting that we do not necessarily know how Slot sees his midfield. If he wants two holding then potentially he's going to need midfielders with a wider range of passing than Endo can provide. Whatever the case though, the club would be foolish to let go unless a) we have a very good, younger replacement and b) we are confident they can hit the ground running.

I'd rather be cautious with this one; a new six, Endo as rotation, and then we can manage Bajectics minutes makes the most sense to me. Baj needs to be an additional resource this season both for his future, and we also have to safeguard ourselves against another long-term injury. There are enough minutes to go around, especially with the implementation of five subs.

I think we’ve got a fairly good idea of how Slot will set up his midfield.

Think of it like this, because it’s fluid and there’ll be inter-changing, but we’ll essentially have :

One player that primarily a 6 but can step up into an 8.
One player that’s primarily an 8 but can drop back alongside the 6 or push on to support the 10.
One player that’s a 10 but can drop back as an 8.

The double pivot isn’t flat, it’s staggered, so in posession the 3 can offer a sort of zig-zag to play through midfield.

We know how the defence will set up and we know what he wants from his side attacking players - the only real unknown is the central forward - because we won’t be utilising a double 10 often.

Style and structure are pretty set already I’d say.

We have primarily :

Harvey & Slobbers for the 10.

Mac A, CJ & Gravy for the 8.

Endo for the 6.

Badger starting as the 8 but probably more likely developed as a 6.

Morton similar.

Mac A is the only one that’s proven he can do all 3 and Endo’s the only other one with significant top level experience at 6.

Harvey could drop into the forward line to cover Mo if necessary.

I’m all for strengthening at DM - it’s clearly a weak spot right now.

CB question is purely whether we give VdB a go or bring someone else in.

Whoscored says he's "very weak" at holding on to the ball and "weak" for passing

I am all for signing a good DM for the first team, but the names or the lack thereof is worrying.
So far we seemed to only have 25m or so and are looking for obscure names? So a younger Endo I take it?

Those posters name dropping Rodri, Rice, Kante as essential for winning the league are going to be left disappointed.

Doesn’t matter the reason, arguably the three biggest names in that position all upwards of $100m so we’d be paying similar to get that level of quality in that position.
So what clubs out there are putting 100m price tags on their DM's? Considering the likes of Luiz, Palhinha and Wieffer have all moved for around 40-50m this summer.

Really and truly our scouts and recruitment need to stop fucking about and find the talent, Kante Fab and Rodri weren't that well known before they came to England and there are dozens of these players waiting to be snapped up by Europe's elite so they can have the platform to prove it and we're the only mother fuckers that sit around and watch.

not to be a big club snob fan but that’s exactly the signing i wouldn’t want, it reeks of Ten Haag signing alright players he’s familiar with from his farmers league

i want someone edwards / hughes have dissected statistically and determined he’d be an excellent fit. maybe this guy is that but i find it very unlikely, hopefully just more made up nonsense.

Ahhh I see we’re looking at Joe Allen type signings already.

Too early to revert back to Dutch Brodge ?

remember Borini? oh he’s from the chelsea youth system where rodgers worked, we must know something, this could be a great pick up.

shiiiiite! maybe the worst striker i’ve seen in red

remember Borini? oh he’s from the chelsea youth system where rodgers worked, we must know something, this could be a great pick up.

Nunez

The original one

Like yesterday. I ate that shit up.
Fuck him and his shitty celebration.

Back
Top Bottom