• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

There’s no need to sell Endo and I wouldn’t sell Morton unless someone offered stupid money.

We should bring in an additional DM, but he’s likely to take time to get up to speed with the League and our tactics (unless it’s Brazilian Joe Gomez).

It’s a recurring theme that any new DM we buy spends a few months “learning” the role - so why don’t we just hang on to Endo, sign someone in that 23-25 range, continue to manage Badger carefully and figure out where Morton fits in over time.

We have the squad space and Endonisxa good player to have as cover/rotation.

Also means we’ll hopefully it have to use Mac A as the deepest midfielder.
Endo will cock block Morton's and Steph's progress. Sell him if we get close to £20m

I get that Jones and Jota have become a liability in that as soon as they get in form they seem to get injured, but what's with the Endo hate?

It's not just that whenever I watched him last season he was good or great, it's that everyone seemed to see it. I can't remember a match thread where he was getting pelters, he was the surprise of the season, better than Szob, so what happened in close season that made these kinda posts normal?

I get that he's 31 so he might start declining, but then again he probs won't. Weren't citeh playing Fernandino till he was nearly 40? It's a position that requires as much intelligence and concentration as pace.

I dunno. Just seems mad that one of my clear top three picks of the season is getting written off as one of our weakest links.
I think he took a little while to get up to speed and looked questionable when the games game too quickly in succession, but in between, when he was fresh he was one of our best players. I do think he was graded on a curve, or at least didn't come with the expectations that others did, so when he found his feet, we were suitably impressed.

THat sounds like I'm damning him with faint praise, but it's really just that he should be a very good option and a regular, but not one who we can't look to improve on, with a younger backup as well.

The other part of it is that I don't want to see other players doing an Impression of a dm as his backup, especially when it wastes those players (macalister). We bought time to buy a dm, but not a ton of time.

I also just think he's fundamentally limited. If we did overplay him, I can see him being a liability, especially if we aren't going long as much.

I get that Jones and Jota have become a liability in that as soon as they get in form they seem to get injured, but what's with the Endo hate?

It's not just that whenever I watched him last season he was good or great, it's that everyone seemed to see it. I can't remember a match thread where he was getting pelters, he was the surprise of the season, better than Szob, so what happened in close season that made these kinda posts normal?

I get that he's 31 so he might start declining, but then again he probs won't. Weren't citeh playing Fernandino till he was nearly 40? It's a position that requires as much intelligence and concentration as pace.

I dunno. Just seems mad that one of my clear top three picks of the season is getting written off as one of our weakest links.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s an insane take. Even if you think we need an upgrade, he would be the last player I’d let go. He’s on low wages, wouldn’t bring in a lot of cash, is happy to be a squaddie, is as professional as Milner, amazing attitude, loves being here and playing for us and most importantly was one of best players for a significant part of lsst season. We have a squad dull of players regularly get injured or burnt out. He’s literally a perfect player to have in the squad.

judgement reserved until i see who we might replace him with

i’m sure he doesn’t want to find himself stuck to the bench for the next season at the age of 31 though

Feels like from the initial Marseille bid, Endo was going to be someone they are willing to sell on. Would have preferred him to be at least as back up as DM but guess we need the money for his replacement.

Stefan Bajcetic should be our back up DM. Mac Alister 3rd choice.

We need to sign a new DM in the mould of a Rodri. Physical, technical, both footed and able to play in short and big spaces.

“That’s from my understanding” so basically your arse hole. The same guy that has a “good feeling” we’ll end up signing Gordon.

Someone remind me when David Lynch became Mr ITK?

Endo is good enough but he's also 30 years old and just past the peak of his value, so I can understand him being sold.

Sadly, I would say the same of Robbo, Doaz and maybe even Salah.

Couldn’t agree more. It’s an insane take. Even if you think we need an upgrade, he would be the last player I’d let go. He’s on low wages, wouldn’t bring in a lot of cash, is happy to be a squaddie, is as professional as Milner, amazing attitude, loves being here and playing for us and most importantly was one of best players for a significant part of lsst season. We have a squad dull of players regularly get injured or burnt out. He’s literally a perfect player to have in the squad.
Nail in the coffin of Endo's Liverpool career, unfortunately. Why???

Seemingly the club rejected the Endo offer and Marseille had signed hoijberg before any of the actual journalists reported Marseille Endo bid. It's fair to say nobody knows fuck all, and if they do, they won't report it without the clubs approval.

Stefan Bajcetic should be our back up DM. Mac Alister 3rd choice.

We need to sign a new DM in the mould of a Rodri. Physical, technical, both footed and able to play in short and big spaces.

Alan Varela seems to be one to watch

Lynch is turning into another Neil Jones for me. He's reactive. I don't remember any noises about Endo from any ITKs before yesterday's news. Which suggests like you and I.. he knows fuck all.

Tbf every jouro reported the Endo bid yesterday and not when it actually happened.
The club released that info yesterday it seems.

Anything under 20m feels a pointless level of inflow for the only person in our team who plays the DM role to a great level. Macca was ok there - but we need someone else as the DM so that Macca can showcase his abilities on the ball.

I think we'd be foolish to let him leave - also think about how much Morton, Baj etc. can learn from him. He's captain of his country, he's played top level for over a decade. He might not be world class - but he settled into the squad well and plays a role that we will need on occasion.

I also think he'd have no qualms being rotated and an unused sub in games where we expect 70% possession. There is also a great option to use him when we get a lead and need to tighten up in the final 10 mins etc.

I'd be against selling, as it took us long enough to find that DM last summer and we were ALL saying that he performed better than Caicedo / Lavia.

Anything under 20m feels a pointless level of inflow for the only person in our team who plays the DM role to a great level. Macca was ok there - but we need someone else as the DM so that Macca can showcase his abilities on the ball.

I think we'd be foolish to let him leave - also think about how much Morton, Baj etc. can learn from him. He's captain of his country, he's played top level for over a decade. He might not be world class - but he settled into the squad well and plays a role that we will need on occasion.

I also think he'd have no qualms being rotated and an unused sub in games where we expect 70% possession. There is also a great option to use him when we get a lead and need to tighten up in the final 10 mins etc.

I'd be against selling, as it took us long enough to find that DM last summer and we were ALL saying that he performed better than Caicedo / Lavia.
I'd be willing to sell Endo if we have a replacement coming in. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

I'd be willing to sell Endo if we have a replacement coming in. Wouldn't make sense otherwise.

We’ll only sell if we get the DM we want imho, and if we feel Morton is better suited to play in the new system.
Kinda feel like Morton desverves his chance and he’s young, local and HG.

We’ll only sell if we get the DM we want imho, and if we feel Morton is better suited to play in the new system.
Kinda feel like Morton desverves his chance and he’s young, local and HG.
Well something's got to give. Sell Endo, play Bajcetic and Morton. If it doesn't work out, play Macca there.

I've thought for years now that DM is the position where you have to have a top class player to win trophies.
The year we won the league, we had a peak Fabinho, whilst City were playing Fernandinho in central defence because they had an injury crisis (otherwise they would, at least, have run us close). Leicester had Kante when they won it, and when he went to Chelsea, they won the league. Since Rodri settled at City, they've been unstoppable. Arsenal are more of a force with Rice.
Now I like Endo, he's a very good player and a top pro. But he's not in the same class as the players I've named above. I would absolutely keep him to rotate and give some rest to a new, first choice, top-class DM. But if we want to challenge for trophies, and not just for top four, then we need a better player in that position.

Back
Top Bottom