• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Basically - but it’s more fluid than that and the midfield will go into a box shape of 4.
Yeah sorry I got waylaid. Yes the two full backs will be more wingbacks in attack with the 6 expected to drop back and cover the defence.

It's similar to the Leverkusen system too.

Guys on holiday abroad and thinking of all of you, reading that book by Josh on Data behind all our signings. Good read so far.

Now @bluebell , and all you other Curtis haters ... who the hell are we signing ? Are we just doing our usual window shopping and getting fuck all before the end of the month. We need a ball playing 6 if its the only signing we make, and an understudy to Salah if we are gonna sell Doak on loan. Its a madness if we dont cover those 2 spots.

Do a DM reboot.
We all know Endo isn't good enough to be starting for LFC.
FFS Man C has Rodri.
Who are we kidding?
We went from world class Fabs to Tesco Endo. Fine for an emergency signing.

oh no you didn’t, the endo fan club will be fuming

i agree but you don’t even need to agree, he’s old so the only other option is to go fingers crossed on badger or another kid surpassing him this season but that would still not be rodri level for a long time if ever

oh no you didn’t, the endo fan club will be fuming

i agree but you don’t even need to agree, he’s old so the only other option is to go fingers crossed on badger or another kid surpassing him this season but that would still not be rodri level for a long time if ever
Exactly

Do a DM reboot.
We all know Endo isn't good enough to be starting for LFC.
FFS Man C has Rodri.
Who are we kidding?
We went from world class Fabs to Tesco Endo. Fine for an emergency signing.
Thats where I have a problem, I am pretty certain that when Endo played against City and Arsenal he was one of the best midfielders on the pitch, and we looked more stable when he was in the team. Unfortunately he is 31 and we cannor use him for all the games, and he needs to be supported by a more able faster and more physical DM controller.

Thats where I have a problem, I am pretty certain that when Endo played against City and Arsenal he was one of the best midfielders on the pitch, and we looked more stable when he was in the team. Unfortunately he is 31 and we cannor use him for all the games, and he needs to be supported by a more able faster and more physical DM controller.
The problem is that Endo is one dimensional. Defending 9/10, but he's at most average in all other aspects of the game.
We need more from a DM.

The problem is that Endo is one dimensional. Defending 9/10, but he's at most average in all other aspects of the game.
We need more from a DM.
Most of his passes were progressive, I actually dont have anything bad to say about him other than a lack of althletic ability and physicality. Put it this way , I dont think he made errors that led to goals unlike Mac10 in that same role where he cost us at least 2 goals losing the ball in our final third by pissing about with it.

Most of his passes were progressive, I actually dont have anything bad to say about him other than a lack of althletic ability and physicality. Put it this way , I dont think he made errors that led to goals unlike Mac10 in that same role where he cost us at least 2 goals losing the ball in our final third by pissing about with it.
Balance that with how many goals Macca created

Yeah sorry I got waylaid. Yes the two full backs will be more wingbacks in attack with the 6 expected to drop back and cover the defence.

It's similar to the Leverkusen system too.

I think we’ll be more like Arsenal last season, with a bit of Brighton thrown in for good measure.

I’m OK that we haven’t made any signings yet. Slot still hasn’t had the chance to work with and assess his full squad and it looks like we’re not going to repeat the mistake of allowing the new manager to bring in players he’d worked with previously at lower levels (which allowed `Hodgson to sign Konchesky and Brendan to sign Borini and Joe Allen).
We need to strengthen, obviously, but we don’t need to make hasty decisions which we may regret in the long run. Still 4 weeks to go.

Rumours of us trying to put together a player + cash deal for Anthony Gordon.
Ok with Fabio or CJ or Grav. No to Harvey and Quansah.

Diaz obviously.

Perhaps even Konate or SVDB or Kell.

Not sure if we have that many assets to swap to be honest.

Fucking hell, we desperately need a signing soon.
You knew that we were in trouble when FSG rolled Slot out as "Head Coach" rather than "Manager" that he would have little to no say in who we sign...
We will be luck to finish top 6 this season 🙁

Back
Top Bottom