• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool related transfer speculation

Guys on holiday abroad and thinking of all of you, reading that book by Josh on Data behind all our signings. Good read so far.

Now @bluebell , and all you other Curtis haters ... who the hell are we signing ? Are we just doing our usual window shopping and getting fuck all before the end of the month. We need a ball playing 6 if its the only signing we make, and an understudy to Salah if we are gonna sell Doak on loan. Its a madness if we dont cover those 2 spots.
You want signings, start looking at the weakest links, CJ and Endo are up there. You could argue as are Tsimikas and Jota.
CJ and Jota are always a game away from a 3 month lay off.
We know we have a bloated squad, getting rid of those weak links will free up space to get up grades.
Having said that, we could still challenge if tighten our defense.
Now I can I say I won't Endo and CJ gone, but we all know it isn't going to happen.
Hughes has said, signings will happen. As to who, no scoobies. It might be someone that's on no ones radar.
Let's be patient see how things evolve

I get that Jones and Jota have become a liability in that as soon as they get in form they seem to get injured, but what's with the Endo hate?

It's not just that whenever I watched him last season he was good or great, it's that everyone seemed to see it. I can't remember a match thread where he was getting pelters, he was the surprise of the season, better than Szob, so what happened in close season that made these kinda posts normal?

I get that he's 31 so he might start declining, but then again he probs won't. Weren't citeh playing Fernandino till he was nearly 40? It's a position that requires as much intelligence and concentration as pace.

I dunno. Just seems mad that one of my clear top three picks of the season is getting written off as one of our weakest links.

I get that Jones and Jota have become a liability in that as soon as they get in form they seem to get injured, but what's with the Endo hate?

It's not just that whenever I watched him last season he was good or great, it's that everyone seemed to see it. I can't remember a match thread where he was getting pelters, he was the surprise of the season, better than Szob, so what happened in close season that made these kinda posts normal?

I get that he's 31 so he might start declining, but then again he probs won't. Weren't citeh playing Fernandino till he was nearly 40? It's a position that requires as much intelligence and concentration as pace.

I dunno. Just seems mad that one of my clear top three picks of the season is getting written off as one of our weakest links.

Agreed, i think he’ll be at worst a reliable squad player and at best potential match winner by dominating at DM in important games.

Yep. We need to buy or groom his successor but only because he's not young and he fatigued from being overplayed.

But the quality of his play wasn't an issue at all once his got up to the pace of the league.

The problem is that Endo is one dimensional. Defending 9/10, but he's at most average in all other aspects of the game.
We need more from a DM.
Do we though? Its not like we struggle to create chances. Our problems are actually scoring and teams creating big chances against us multiple times in games. If we didn't have endo last season we would have done a lot worse. Yes we do need a long term successor to endo no doubt, but if that DM is stopping the amount of chances created against us then i'm happy. Also i still have hope for bajcetic this season.

I think with Endo it’s a case of the most recent impression - those last few games of last season - was woefully sub par for what we need going forwards.

I think with Endo it’s a case of the most recent impression - those last few games of last season - was woefully sub par for what we need going forwards.
Thats the problem innit ? If Endo played poorly it was never him it was the team overall (esp. Nunez, Salah and Gakpo) on that day.

Do we though? Its not like we struggle to create chances. Our problems are actually scoring and teams creating big chances against us multiple times in games. If we didn't have endo last season we would have done a lot worse. Yes we do need better than endono doubt but if that DM is stopping the amount of chances created against us then i'm happy. Also i still have hope for bajcetic this season.
It wouldn't hurt to get more from the DM. Fabs was also a playmaker of sorts. Just like Rodri is.
Hes 31 years old, there's better DM's out there. Onana is better, Douglas Luiz too.

He was brilliant against Spurs and Fulham, and pretty good against Villa and Wolves, not his fault our team collapsed and concede goals after he went off like we did at Spurs and Villa. 4 fucking goals we conceded.

Some fans just want to force hate on certain players because they think it makes them look cool, they don't hate on Endo because he's Endo....they hate on Endo because he's not Rodri. They hate the fact we dropped a lot of points in the last few months and need an easy target to pass the blame on.

If our style shifts from less direct to more control around the box, we need more lock picks, off the ball moves and long distance shooting qualities, for starters. We would also need physical presence and smart movement in the box.

6CM's having an "Enzo" moment.

He was brilliant against Spurs and Fulham, and pretty good against Villa and Wolves, not his fault our team collapsed and concede goals after he went off like we did at Spurs and Villa. 4 fucking goals we conceded.

Some fans just want to force hate on certain players because they think it makes them look cool, they don't hate on Endo because he's Endo....they hate on Endo because he's not Rodri. They hate the fact we dropped a lot of points in the last few months and need an easy target to pass the blame on.
Adding on, Endo was MOTM against City, the game which we dominated and should have won.

Let's not buy anyone. Everyone's only going to perform at the same level with new tactics and improve with age. Challenging for third and a league cup is clearly good enough now.

Endo is targeted as 1) his age profile isn't ideal for forming a spine of a squad 2) he was low cost and mentally a "stop gap". 3) from the little we know of slot tactics, DM needs to be quick with the ball, have excellent touch, be fast to progress the ball.

It's not because "he's not rodri", it's not to "look cool", it's to try and sort the spine of the team. I'm also championing finding van disks replacement, finding salahs replacement, finding robbos replacement (although I'm not as urgent on that, as I rate tsimi, and we have 2 or 3 young lads coming through).

The reason we've failed to match city is a chronic inability to have an actual competitive squad across the board. Whos saying sell endo? No one. Buying his replacement shouldn't mean an end to his Liverpool career. Transitional periods are just that; transitional.

No one is saying dont get a DM, but I just dont like the argument that its because Endo was not a good player for us. I recognize we need a more athletic and physical DM, and that having Endo and hoping we can get optimal performance from him for like 50 games as a DM is not gonna fucking work.

@moron you wanted news. Fat Dunk saying keep an eye on Celtic's Matt O'Reilly. He is Danish, so all the Scandos will be happy.
Ok thanks for that, let me have my obi wan kenobi moment....
"Fat Dunk..that is a name that I have not heard in a long long time..."

There’s no need to sell Endo and I wouldn’t sell Morton unless someone offered stupid money.

We should bring in an additional DM, but he’s likely to take time to get up to speed with the League and our tactics (unless it’s Brazilian Joe Gomez).

It’s a recurring theme that any new DM we buy spends a few months “learning” the role - so why don’t we just hang on to Endo, sign someone in that 23-25 range, continue to manage Badger carefully and figure out where Morton fits in over time.

We have the squad space and Endonisxa good player to have as cover/rotation.

Also means we’ll hopefully it have to use Mac A as the deepest midfielder.

Back
Top Bottom