• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is TAA worth breaking the wage structure ?

It’s hard to get pissed about someone leaving on a free when we won everything with Matip and Milner. Who came on a free.
Totally different figures when it comes to those two. Milner was like 34 when we signed him and Matip was worth £15 mill tops.

Totally different figures when it comes to those two. Milner was like 34 when we signed him and Matip was worth £15 mill tops.
So what’s the figure where it’s the same?

We’ve taken advantage of it regardless of age and value or whatever you want to measure.

We signed those and won big shiny things without compensating another club.

We’ve taken advantage of it regardless of age and value or whatever you want to measure.

True, but we still look like mugs letting other top teams steal our talent. Especially fucking Madrid and them Italian clubs.

Hahahaha...the expectations they had on him ...wow. what a fail.

I don't know, I think it could be a very smart moneyball signing to pick him up again when he's available. I know the age is a concern but you have to think that he's had an entire year plus to rest at that point, and there's quality there that an accomplished man manager like Ten Hag could unlock. Perhaps the third time is the charm.

Cooking cucumbers seems weird to me.
Its definately not common but being South Asian, we will cook almost any fruit or veg especially if its neutral in flavour (bottle guard, green papaya, cucumber). Mango, pineapple, green plums, berries (used as souring agents), and even orange peel (adds a slight bitterness and fragrance)
My late mother, God rest her soul, use to make fried bottle gourd peel. It would look like something below.
lau-khosha-bhaja-01.jpg

What annoys me is that it's been going for years. Just letting players go for free. Numerous examples the last 10 years.

It’s always gone on (well, since the Boman rule was introduced) - letting players go on a free is not a new thing.

It’s always gone on (well, since the Boman rule was introduced) - letting players go on a free is not a new thing.
Well I doubt that we since the inception of the bosman rule ever let go of so many high profile players for free like we've done during the last 10 years. Unless it's about retirement or them being too old.

Just as an aside, this airing of grievances about all manner of completely delicious food is angering me disproportionately, and I've realized it's because I'm a dad that likes to cook, a lot.

You know those cunty fucking people whose response to some obligatory invitation to a dinner is to list their various issues with eating, like now you're some chef that's down on their luck who has to make do with whatever custom you can get. Yeah, I live with two of them. Is there anything less fulfilling on earth than cooking for your own children?

The worst is that I remember my mum articulating, more or less, exactly that. It took me till like 14 or 15 or so to realize, hey wait a second, my mum is actually a good cook, and a fantastic baker, and that in this world, this isn't normal, I'm actually really lucky. Assuming these two even get there, I'm looking at years more of this shit. I swear they are actually trying to break me. I make things to pander to them, and they are indignant to even look at them. Instead of enjoying my meal, I'm persuading them to eat something that is great.

I'm left in this position where at times I'm just thinking, "you are objectively wrong, this is fucking delicious" while they ruin my meal and their own.

Well I doubt that we since the inception of the bosman rule ever let go of so many high profile players for free like we've done during the last 10 years. Unless it's about retirement or them being too old.

Neither have we allowed many players to leave for free unless it’s retirement, age, or more recently a few that don’t seem physically capable of playing at the top level anymore.

It’s not just us - it’s something that’s happening across the board.

I don’t know if it’s reflective of higher wages meaning more teams are less interested in paying a fee for players, or teams are trying to prioritise a more settled squad.

Neither have we allowed many players to leave for free unless it’s retirement, age, or more recently a few that don’t seem physically capable of playing at the top level anymore.

It’s not just us - it’s something that’s happening across the board.

I don’t know if it’s reflective of higher wages meaning more teams are less interested in paying a fee for players, or teams are trying to prioritise a more settled squad.
Could we try to keep on topic please? Come on, mods.

Even Chelsea are selling their academy rejects who have not played a single game for them for big money.
We are not in a position to lose 100m players for nothing. Well, nobody is, and especially not us.

We are not even the top 5 in transfer spendings now, we are mid-table at best.

Back
Top Bottom