• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is TAA worth breaking the wage structure ?

I was told that if a seas bass is for sharing it means it was caught in the wild as the sea farmed ones aren't allowed to grow that big.
I had some great fish meals in Cascais which is basically a suburb of Lisbon a couple of years ago.
That's where we stayed. Great place.

There was a restaurant there that I heard a local shop keeper recommend to some tourists. Been around for 40 or 50 years. Fish restaurant. Proper old school. Old men waiters in white shirts and waistcoats.

Shared some mussels, then had hake and my wife had amazing swordfish. Lovely bottle of Portuguese white wine. Rounded off with a glass of their oldest port.

I ate some really good food last week.

There was a restaurant there that I heard a local shop keeper recommend to some tourists. Been around for 40 or 50 years. Fish restaurant. Proper old school. Old men waiters in white shirts and waistcoats.

Shared some mussels, then had hake and my wife had amazing swordfish. Lovely bottle of Portuguese white wine. Rounded off with a glass of their oldest port.

We recommended a restaurant in Cascais to some friends who have been there since and they all raved about it.
Didn't look like much but the fish was amazing.
Hardly the same restaurant surely

We recommended a restaurant in Cascais to some friends who have been there since and they all raved about it.
Didn't look like much but the fish was amazing.
Hardly the same restaurant surely
Beira Mar was the old school one.

Then on the last night we went to another fish place called Sr. Manuel. Bit newer and cooler.

Beira Mar was the old school one.

Then on the last night we went to another fish place called Sr. Manuel. Bit newer and cooler.
Nope that's not the one I went to.
We were in a place called Apeadeiro.
Goes to show how good the fish is in general there.

Cucumber… just why - what point does it serve???? (Unless it’s in raita).

Eggplant is up there too.

Don’t get me started on celery!!!! It’s the Mario Balotelli of food!!!
Bloody hell Stevie - that's an obvious one, half the female population decries your statement.

There's a seafood restaurant in Lisbon that is out of this world, so good we went there 3 times and my Chinese wife (she comes from a coastal city where most restaurants only serve seafood, no meat) declared it to be the best seafood she'd ever eaten. I'll have to find the name - highly recommended.

People taste coriander differently.

The strongest-linked variant lies within a cluster of olfactory-receptor genes, which influence sense of smell. One of those genes, OR6A2, encodes a receptor that is highly sensitive to aldehyde chemicals, which contribute to the flavour of coriander. This makes OR6A2 “a compelling candidate gene for the detection of the odours that give it its divisive flavour”, the researchers write.

Eriksson, who despised coriander when he first tasted the herb but now grows it in his garden, says that nearly half of Europeans have two copies of the 'soapy' variant, and of those, 15.3% said coriander tasted of soap. For comparison, 13% of Europeans had no copies of this variant, and in this group, only 11.5% of them reported the soapy taste.

Nature

I think we should refer to @MomoWASright as the “Soapy Variant” from now on.

Bloody hell Stevie - that's an obvious one, half the female population decries your statement.

Which one…

Where to effectively stick cucumber or “Eggplant up there too”!!!

This could be a length v girth debate!!!!

I like mussels. Eat a lot of them here, but once had them in New Zealand - the shells were green not blue and they were at least twice the size of the biggest ones we get in Ireland. 'kin lovely they were

My mind immediately raced to others : Juninho (77), Pele (70), Ronaldinho (66), Beckham (65), Maradona (62), Carlos (49) and Zico (62). Other notables are Koeman (60), Ceni (GK 59), James Ward-Prowse has 17 and this guy I'd never heard of but he has 66 (Legrottaglie)!

Still a long way to go Trent my boy.

And fuck all chance the egos at RM will let him take the tasty FKs!!!

Or in China there's an aubergine dish with mince meat and garlic. Scrumptious.

Great. I'm reading this about twenty to eight in the morning and I'm about to leave for my voluntary job at a primary school where, after a full morning, I'll be on library duty during the first half-hour of the lunch break too, so basically I'm now going to be ******* hungry till about 1.00 p.m.

Or in China there's an aubergine dish with mince meat and garlic. Scrumptious.
Is that mince which is meat or mincemeat (which, as far as I know, is only related to actual meat in terms of suet)?

I'm sort of hoping the former as not sure aubergine & garlic would go well with dried fruit ...

Back
Top Bottom