• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

International Break - Sept

I think you're being unnecessary harsh towards Maino. Yeah he's a Manc but I don't see many other players who are better than him in that position for England.
That may be true, but he started poorly. Improved since then.

I really love this team, maybe Mainoo loses his place to Jude in the future but so far playing better than anything under Southgate.

I don't think it's much different from Southgate's England. Kane still can't run. Trent is still inverting when there are acres of space down the right. They are still playing like they have "done it" when they haven't did shit. They still sit back too much when they are on top.

I don't think it's much different from Southgate's England. Kane still can't run. Trent is still inverting when there are acres of space down the right. They are still playing like they have "done it" when they haven't did shit. They still sit back too much when they are on top.
If you watched his teams in that uner 21's you will know its different. Under Southgate everyone will be doing impressions of Ugarte amd there would be no one to pass that ball to up front. Its far more progressive and thank fuck Foden is not in this team.

I like how Trent plays for England. Doesn't push the pace, barely runs with the ball. Seems like he's saving himself for the next Prem game

Thanks, I'll try to share some pics and stories from time to time! We plan on doing plenty of backcountry adventures and my job will take me across the territory.

Yes, we'd recently spent time in the Northwest Territories, which is nearly as far north but culturally much more like life in southern Canada.

Nunavut is a majority Inuit (northern Indigenous) territory, not that far removed from a traditional life. That said, Iqaluit is relatively cosmopolitan by northern Canadian standards (see @Farkmaster post below lol), with a relatively diverse population. Very little sunlight in the winter, sun virtually never sets in the summer. Long, cold winters and mild, cool summer. About 10k population, fly in only (no roads off Baffin Island). Amazon ships there, so can get pretty much whatever I want. Couple acceptable grocery stores, albeit with horrific prices. Social inequality is a major issue, as is housing and food inaccessibility. Lots of folks from out of territory hired in senior positions like mine as local capacity is still developing.

Lol, you've basically nailed it. We're planning on canoeing the Soper River on Baffin Island with outfitters next summer. We'll probably do most our adventures with outfitters due to our relative lack of skills vis a vis the Arctic, polar bears, stuff like that.

One day I'd like to canoe the Barren Lands - either the Thelon or perhaps, if we ever develop our whitewater skills to a decent level, the Coppermine.

Same reason anyone moves to remote places: financial reasons and work-life balance.

My wife and I are both pharmacists. She'll be managing a pharmacy and I've taken a senior mgmt role with government. Fully subsidized housing, mostly subsidized food. Limited things to spend money on. Selling our house in southern Canada and invest the proceeds. Make more money, work less hours, travel more, and cut years off retirement. Plus have an adventure that many people never experience.

Ironically, we're not that much north of Helsinki or Stockholm (63N v 59/60) Plenty of Scandos who are further north, I imagine.

Seems so much further north because of how remote and sparsely populated. I'm hoping there will be some football supporters in town (there's an indoor league, so there's some hope) but won't hold out hope that any support Liverpool.

Your life change decisions are inspiring. I remember you were going through some health troubles a couple of years ago. I hope that is alright now.

I will live vicariously through your adventures.

Trent did at least two of those long range cross field passes that were bad, and also one very bad missplaced pass in the defense area. @Modo - contrast this with Mainoo, who made fewer errors.

Trent did at least two of those long range cross field passes that were bad, and also one very bad missplaced pass in the defense area. @Modo - contrast this with Mainoo, who made fewer errors.
Trent was ass in the second half and I don't care. He didn't seem to care either.
Hit the ball to where Gordon and Kane should be. They weren't there, shrugged his shoulders. Walked / jogged back.

Back
Top Bottom