• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

International Break - Sept

This is the only International break that I've been interested in in approx. 20 years, and it's all because of DSE's moving story...

Sounds fantastic, mate... Please do post updates, I'm really interested in how it all works out for you. Not sure I could do that 'No day in the winter, no night in the summer' thing, but I'd love to have the stones to try.

Best of luck to you both, mate.

P.S. Oh, and I couldn't kill a polar bear. I just couldn't do it. Yes, I know I'd regret it enormously for the last 90 seconds of my life, but I just wouldn't be able to pull the trigger. I'd simply freeze in abject terror and try to remember the 5-0 vs Forest!

That's amazing. It doesn't seem that hard a trip at all from the canoeing end, but looks gorgeous. When I was planning on doing a trip way up north, part of what made it fall apart was that my friend and I have zero experience with guns and everyone I spoke to with experience said we should have extensive rifle training among other things. My friend, who lived in Alaska for ages described it less as marksmanship and more as being able to keep load and fire a rifle or shotgun safely while a polar bear is swimming very rapidly at your canoe. The starting your car while the cloaked man runs at you with a sickle horror movie scenario.

Yeah, I'm not sure why I didn't get around to it!

I have had experience with bears in general, using mace, including brown bear, but polar bears, and even the brown bear up there are a different kettle of fish, and I chickened out. That's not even getting into the grazers, other threats etc. I wonder whether I'll ever do it now, too, as I do my canoeing with my kid, and he's seven, so we're on class I and II whitewater, short trips, and no murderous bear.

Similar with us. No gun experience is a major determinant once you get into grizzly and especially polar bear country.

Our experience is limited to trips of up to a week or so and class I/II whitewater, so not quite ready to stretch well beyond where rescues are likely.

We'll play it safe and pay through the nose for someone to lead us safely.

Well they just conceded 3 goals at home to Italy. Konaté lost his man for the second goal, haven't seen the third

Fofana lost the ball and Saliba played him onside. Just a total shitshow that goal

Back
Top Bottom