• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

International Break - Sept

So we are through the break without any injury scares - just the possibility of needing to manage the minutes of Diaz & Macca.

Trent will be on cloud nine after those two performances. Diaz and Gravy performed well. Gakpo got a goal. Jota got a bit of a rest. Nunez back at home spending some quality time with Slot. Chiesa getting fitter during the break.

There isn't really a lot we can complain about. Now we just need to beat Forest then think about how we manage the schedule in the next 4 weeks.

7 games before the next international break

Forest (H)
Milan (A) CL
Bournemouth (H)
West Ham (H) LC
Wolves (A)
Bologna (H)
Palace (A)

I would like to see some reasonable rotation as in November we might need to play quite a few of the big guns in almost every game with fixtures against Chelsea, Leipzeig, Arsenal, Brighton, Leverkusen, Villa Madrid and City. Likely a league cup game in there too.

Good - I hope Spurs and City get some more injuries, while key players are getting sent off in their next two soul destroying drawn league games.

Your life change decisions are inspiring. I remember you were going through some health troubles a couple of years ago. I hope that is alright now.

I will live vicariously through your adventures.

Thanks mate. I'm still struggling with my ulcerative colitis. In a flare for the past several months, now on Prednisone (and soon to be some heavy immunosuppressants) to get it under control.

Doing much better than I was early in the summer but, truthfully, the health issues were part of what drove the move. Better work life balance and fewer financial concerns. Win all around really.

Thanks for remembering.

Thanks mate. I'm still struggling with my ulcerative colitis. In a flare for the past several months, now on Prednisone (and soon to be some heavy immunosuppressants) to get it under control.

Doing much better than I was early in the summer but, truthfully, the health issues were part of what drove the move. Better work life balance and fewer financial concerns. Win all around really.

Thanks for remembering.

Good luck with your health. Hope it gets better soon.

The bolded portion is something I am struggling with to be honest. But planning to make some changes this year.

Thanks for remembering.
Have you seen Insomnia? one my favourite films. You have to tell us when you get there if your experience of the landscape and your experience is like that.

Good luck with your health. Hope it gets better soon.

The bolded portion is something I am struggling with to be honest. But planning to make some changes this year.

Definitely encourage making changes before consequences set in.

It's funny, now that I have a physical disease exacerbated by stress and workload, it's easier to give myself permission to take a step back compared to when it was only my mental and emotional health that suffered.

Have you seen Insomnia? one my favourite films. You have to tell us when you get there if your experience of the landscape and your experience is like that.

Love that film. Very much like that, in terms of the daylight. As we approach the equinox now, not that different from further south. But in the summer, The Lying Rag more or less doesn't set (technically it does but it's never all that dark) and during the winter it barely rises.

Even where we were living in the Northwest Territories, which was a bit south of here, we experienced this to a somewhat lesser degree.

My work will take me to smaller communities even further north that experience true 24 hour daylight and nighttime, sometimes for a month or more!

Back
Top Bottom