• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

International Break - Sept

I don't think Morton is going to be given any minutes. That's what I got from Pearce's article. The club wanted to sell Morton apparently.

My worry probably stems from not having seen our squad players play for a while but midfield is such an important area on the pitch. In the three games so far, we've seen what a pivotal role they've played.
To suddenly see Endo and Jones in there...even against West Ham in the cup, would make me a bit nervous.

My theory is that Klopp doesn’t trust Endo as a ball player (which i disagree with) and so may favour Morton over him. Morton likes to run with the ball similar to Gravieira.

I would be much more confident of seeing a midfield of Endo, Jones/Morton & Elliot in the CL (for 6 of the games at least) than PL.

I’d love Slot to have a core set of players who rotate and only do either PL or Cups.

For at least the first half of the season I’d want to keep Virgil, Trent, Macca, Szobo, Salah only used in PL (bar Real & Leverkusen at home). This will keep them fresh for the new year.

In midfield especially we need the rotation players to build chemistry, so playing Endo & Morton together every time (this assumes Jones is injured) helps them build an understanding.
Oh I simply couldn't agree to this. Two different midfields depending on the competition? Going from an A midfield to a C? Ouch. How about rotate one starter and use subs.

The club wanted to sell Morton but they didn't despite Xabi coming in for him. Hopefully that's an indication we plan to use him.

Where are you moving to?

Iqaluit, Nunavut.

The next couple years will be an arctic adventure.

Locator-map-Nunavut-Canada.jpg

Yeah I don't mind our backups providing they're surrounded by the first team (e.g. Jones, szob, gravy or endo/morton Macca szob). I think we might hit a bit of derailment when it's all reserve or 2/3 reserve.

I wonder if he’s been carrying a knock which might explain the lack of minutes so far
Honestly? Kind of hoping that we're being the pricks united used to be. Blag an injury here or there. We've got chiesa , Macca. Elliott all "injured" or unfit, Nunez kicking off (secret plans from slot). Just need szob, grav, Salah and Ali to "tweak" something now

I think it was reported that Slot rates Morton. Can see him getting some minutes this season.

Maccas discomfort could be from that tackle/high boot he received to the stomach. Probably nothing.

Was it the stomach?

From first watching I was sure he lost the ability to celebrate World Cup wins.

Iqaluit, Nunavut.

The next couple years will be an arctic adventure.

Locator-map-Nunavut-Canada.jpg

I always wanted to do some canoeing in Nunavut, never made it.

I was googling about Iqualuit and saw a glorified outpost in the tundra, 7k people, and it looked like there were THREE Tim Hortons. That has to be the most canadian thing ever.

I don't think Morton is going to be given any minutes. That's what I got from Pearce's article. The club wanted to sell Morton apparently.

My worry probably stems from not having seen our squad players play for a while but midfield is such an important area on the pitch. In the three games so far, we've seen what a pivotal role they've played.
To suddenly see Endo and Jones in there...even against West Ham in the cup, would make me a bit nervous.

Understand the feeling, since we barely saw any of these guys play under Slot in official games - for the record I think they will all do alright once called upon. But let’s not miss the forest for the trees here - Slot’s priority #1 was integrating our key players, the ones entering their prime and brought in for big money, but not yet fully settled - I’m talking about Szoboszlai, Gravvy, Konate, Diaz, Nunez and Gakpo. This is the core of the future team if you get it right and a mishmash of expensive failures if you don’t, this is literally the making or breaking of Slot’s tenure here.

So far, he did precisely what needed to be done, even if it came at some cost to the likes of Quansah, Elliott, Jones and others. Nunez and Gakpo didn’t get their chance to shine yet (I’m sure they will soon), but the first 4 look far more settled and confident in their Liverpool future than they did near the end of Klopp’s reign. Slot had to make choices which players to bet on and to trust and so far it looks like he made absolutely the right one.

Just turned on the Northern Ireland game to see how Bradley is doing.
He plays differently for them. Does too much, which is understandable.

Back
Top Bottom