• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

EURO 2024 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on the England game we're it was the same slow ponderous shit that we've become accustomed to under Southgate.

Only Trent and Bellingham really come out of that game with any credit.

Also on Bellingham.. I've seen some rumours that his new face has been caused by doping.

Would certainly explain the rage he displayed towards the Serbia for no apparent reason.

Thoughts on the England game we're it was the same slow ponderous shit that we've become accustomed to under Southgate.

Only Trent and Bellingham really come out of that game with any credit.
The right back ran really quick down the wing once

If I were Trent I'd give serious consideration to fucking off to Real Madrid this summer. He is scrutinised to a level that other players just aren't; he isn't appreciated enough for what he can do, and his weaknesses are exaggerated ridiculously. We've seen this before - Barnes, Fowler, McManaman, Gerrard, all underused/underappreciated when it comes to England. If this was any other national team where the commentariat didn't have such an acute sense of entitlement, Trent would be a first pick and the conversation would be how to build a team around him. He's never going to escape the magnifying glass in England now.

If I were Trent I'd give serious consideration to fucking off to Real Madrid this summer. He is scrutinised to a level that other players just aren't; he isn't appreciated enough for what he can do, and his weaknesses are exaggerated ridiculously. We've seen this before - Barnes, Fowler, McManaman, Gerrard, all underused/underappreciated when it comes to England. If this was any other national team where the commentariat didn't have such an acute sense of entitlement, Trent would be a first pick and the conversation would be how to build a team around him. He's never going to escape the magnifying glass in England now.
He gets the same at Liverpool and will do even more at Madrid.

He’s our own generational talent. Slot needs to figure out how to utilise his amazing abilities but mitigate the vulnerabilities in his game.

The press in Madrid can be pretty ruthless too.

Anyways, this whole Trent issue is a relatively new thing.

There were some criticisms in the peak Klopp era but they were largely muted becuase he was getting assists galore and the team was practically unbeatable.

Unfortunately, as we all know, we kinda decided to forego any kind of succession planning till the last minute, so things have started to go downhill and TAA has looked more exposed at RB, particularly as his role has changed. I wonder if we'd have bought properly for the midfield earlier whether it'd have curbed his midfield ambitions as he'd have looked further up and seen no place for himself.

There were some criticisms in the peak Klopp era but they were largely muted becuase he was getting assists galore and the team was practically unbeatable.

Unfortunately, as we all know, we kinda decided to forego any kind of succession planning till the last minute, so things have started to go downhill and TAA has looked more exposed at RB, particularly as his role has changed. I wonder if we'd have bought properly for the midfield earlier whether it'd have curbed his midfield ambitions as he'd have looked further up and seen no place for himself.
Nailed it. In our pomp he had Hendo and Fabs doing some heavy lifting. Mo kept the left back more occupied which gave Trent more freedom to do his thing.

Nailed it. In our pomp he had Hendo and Fabs doing some heavy lifting. Mo kept the left back more occupied which gave Trent more freedom to do his thing.
Despite Hendo, Fabs to some extent Gomez and Matip babysitting Trent, he played more as a traditional fullback back then.
Not sure when, but somewhere along the way he just stopped, for lack of a better word, "caring" about the defensive side to his game.

To be completely honest, I think he's been mis-managed by Klopp. Well, to an extent anyway.
I wonder if the right move would have been to buy a proper right back and move Trent into midfield to replace Hendo about 3 years ago.

You're right, but I guess the criticism he'd get in Madrid wouldn't be the inane shite he gets here. I dunno, I've just seen it happen with a number of hugely talented Liverpool players who just weren't given a chance for England and get slagged off as a result. But you're right, he's been allowed to get to a point within the club where he's sort of inbetween positions now.

For the sake of my sanity, I hope someone in that BBC studio tells Danny Murphy to stop saying “Gapko”.
It’s up there with Jenas’ repeated “Moderic” during a Croatian game in the last World Cup.
And lets not forget during the pomp years of France when our dear Alan Hansen used to be a guest during world cup games, he would refer to the French player named Lizarazu with the name "LisaAziz" ... who was actually a sky news reporter at the time.

Why isn't anyone talking about Foden?

They were on TV actually in the discussion that took place after the game, both Cesc Fabrigas, and Rio Ferdinand were tough on him saying basicallyhe needs to take responsibility for the ball and demand it just like Jude. Only Micah Richards were makin excuses for him.

On the Youtube spaces last night there was also a lot of talk. People were taking the piss out of how bad he was some suggesting he did absolutely Nothing, which is the truth.

On a personal level he is actually not good enough for his designated role, or may turn out to be one of those players who need Pep Gardiola to be in his head and shouting at him ... putting sumshine up his backside constantly to get the best out of him.

Why isn't anyone talking about Foden?

on here or in general?

i thought he was pretty bad, good example of a player that works well in a well defined system at his club who’s going to struggle with this england setup

imo england should just field the best XI self starters who are most able to translate what they’ve got to any side because the coach sure as shit isn’t going to work out what to do with them

that left side is a load of shite and gives trent little to work with, trippier and foden don’t help his game at all

Bellingham feels like the modern day Gerrard - even down to the trying to be everywhere at once yesterday.
Bellingham the way he is playing right now at 20, is almost peak Gerrard. But what we are witnessing right now is what could have been had previous wank England managers not tried to curb Gerrards role in the England team because of a so called Lampard having to be in the team.

Bellingham the way he is playing right now at 20, is almost peak Gerrard. But what we are witnessing righ now is what could have been had previous wank England managers not tried to curb Gerrards role in the England team because of a so called Lampard having to be in the team.

i hate watching the new gerrard not playing for us when it feels like it was so close last summee

on here or in general?

i thought he was pretty bad, good example of a player that works well in a well defined system at his club who’s going to struggle with this england setup

imo england should just field the best XI self starters who are most able to translate what they’ve got to any side because the coach sure as shit isn’t going to work out what to do with them

that left side is a load of shite and gives trent little to work with, trippier and foden don’t help his game at all
In general, I have talksport on in the background and all the talk is about Trent?!

Like WTF?
Kane and Foden were terrible yesterday and probably were the real reason Trent had problems in midfield.

Trippier had a good game, but that left side was dysfunctional. Where were Trent's options?
I still don't understand why Kane and Foden stayed on for so long.

i hate watching the new gerrard not playing for us when it feels like it was so close last summee
Just want to say, i really cant stand him, I think he talks too much and is really playing up to the media hype. Yes its all down to him playing us in the Jude transfer shit last summer. My biggest worry for LFC is us not having a midfield good enough to face his Real Madrid team, and I know we will face them next season and I want us to absolutely trash that cunting team especially with him in that team.

In general, I have talksport on in the background and all the talk is about Trent?!

Like WTF?
Kane and Foden were terrible yesterday and probably were the real reason Trent had problems in midfield.

Trippier had a good game, but that left side was dysfunctional. Where were Trent's options?

southgate is the problem but that has been discussed to death

trent is the next most juicy topic because he’s a bit experimental, controversial and new to the fold

Like WTF?

He is the Golden white boy of English Football, they wont focus on him and him not showing good form can only be down to the manager. Not joking but I see through Foden, he is one of those players that needs instructive advice to perform, the likes of Grealish/Maddison/Ezze/Curtis would back themselves to take on that role amd make situational decisions, Foden is incapable, he is a moments player.

Trent not being good can only be down to himself. But to be honest Trent as a midfielder needs to be more active, he cant wait for the right moment to make a killer pass all the time, its bollox, coz its like carrying a passenger in midfield. If only he could run with the ball like KDB !!!

Just want to say, i really cant stand him, I think he talks too much and is really playing up to the media hype. Yes its all down to him playing us in the Jude transfer shit last summer. My biggest worry for LFC is us not having a midfield good enough to face his Real Madrid team, and I know we will face them next season and I want us to absolutely trash that cunting team especially with him in that team.

in his defence he is having the microphone thrust into his face at every opportunity but he seems like he enjoys it a little too much

He is the Golden white boy of English Football, they wont focus on him and him not showing good form can only be down to the manager. Not joking but I see through Foden, he is one of those players that needs instructive advice to perform, the likes of Grealish/Maddison/Ezze/Curtis would back themselves to take on that role amd make situational decisions, Foden is incapable, he is a moments player.

Trent not being good can only be down to himself. But to be honest Trent as a midfielder needs to be more active, he cant wait for the right moment to make a killer pass all the time, its bollox, coz its like carrying a passenger in midfield. If only he could run with the ball like KDB !!!

why the fuck does race have to be shoehorned into everything these days?

All you have to do is look at the movement between someone like a Rice/Jude, even Gallagher to someone like Trent. Incredibly low work rate, looks a lost lamb when he doesn't have players making themselves available he can hit his usual passes to. Plays the game like it's a 5 a side. Whether he's in midfield or at RB, a player with too many flaws in his game.

I also think England currently have another Gerrard-Lampard type problem in attack.
I don't think having Foden and Bellingham on the pitch at the same time works and I really hope he has the guts to bench Foden for a real winger that can actually stay wide at times.
And for the love of God, fuck off Kane if he isn't doing anything. What's the point in bringing Toney and Watkins?

why the fuck does race have to be shoehorned into everything these days?
Because I have always seen it with the England team, and to a degree its understandable , its not racism as in nasty shit, think of it as positive discrimination these days. I dont want to dwell on this issue in this thread, its a bigger topic and European Cultural thing that needs discussion.

But the issue with Foden regarding critisim on channels like Talk Sport being non existent highlights my point, it deserved a massive discussion We have not see a single game or prolonged moments in a game where Fodens Man City form has been translated to the national team.

Because I have always seen it with the England team, and to a degree its understandable , its not racism as in nasty shit, think of it as positive discrimination these days. I dont want to dwell on this issue in this thread, its a bigger topic and European Cultural thing that needs discussion.

But the issue with Foden regarding critisim on channels like Talk Sport being non existent highlights my point, it deserved a massive discussion We have not see a single game or prolonged moments in a game where Fodens Man City form has been translated to the national team.

it just seems like you’re talking shite when we’re simultaneously discussing bellingham getting sucked off by the media and kane going without criticism because he’s white

All you have to do is look at the movement between someone like a Rice/Jude, even Gallagher to someone like Trent. Incredibly low work rate, looks a lost lamb when he doesn't have players making themselves available he can hit his usual passes to. Plays the game like it's a 5 a side. Whether he's in midfield or at RB, a player with too many flaws in his game.

That is not a very good description of the last nights game or Trent in general.
Its a bit shit that his own fans cant even see the player he is, but hopefully that will change with time.

Oh, and Trent is signing a new deal. He's not the Owen/McMoneyman type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom