• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
At everything.

Presumably manwithnoname is the only person on here who actually reads The S*n though.

He's known for his workrate aswell.
Love these out of the blue transfers.

It would be nice if we made a big, expensive, exciting signing who immediately looked ace and stayed ace. And stayed fit.

We haven't had one since Suarez and before that Torres, and after that we've suffered Carroll, Balotelli, Markovic, Firmino, Benteke, Lovren, Lallana....it's a horrible and expensive list of shit, really.

I think we'll go with a Coutino-Firmino-Teixeira front 3, with Lallana-Benteke-Ibe making up the bench firepower. That'd actually be pretty tasty.
Yep, that's exactly how we should play, it works for all our attackers bar Benteke. Who'd have imagined it, us having an all Brazilian front three.

Out of curiosity for those who watched the league when he played there, how does this lad compare to Willian in his time there? Was Willian prolific too? Because he doesn't really score that many in the league here, but he is a very very good player.

At covering football?

At everything.

I'm being glib now, but I don't actually think you can say that the Guardian are the worst football correspondents in the UK given they have the best football podcast for a start, have people such as Michael Cox and Jonathan Wilson writing for them, and exist in the same world as Goal, The Metro and Duncan Castles.

Yep, that's exactly how we should play, it works for all our attackers bar Benteke. Who'd have imagined it, us having an all Brazilian front three.

Out of curiosity for those who watched the league when he played there, how does this lad compare to Willian in his time there? Was Willian prolific too? Because he doesn't really score that many in the league here, but he is a very very good player.
I've never seen the Ukrainian league! You must ask @rurikbird

I have seen Shakhtar several times in Europe though, and Teixeira has been a fixture for 3-4 years.

What I know is that Willian was never prolific at Shakhtar either. His best qualities have always been his work rate and creativity, and it's been the same at Chelsea.

Teixeira has been easily the most productive of all of Shakhtar's exports in recent years - Douglas Costa, Willian and Mkhitaryan.

I suppose it's a good precedent that the other three have done quite well since moving from Shakhtar.

I have little doubt that he's a very high quality player. My only concern is that he's 26, and he'll have a short window of success. So he'll need to learn to adapt to the league as quickly as possible.

At everything.

I'm being glib now, but I don't actually think you can say that the Guardian are the worst football correspondents in the UK given they have the best football podcast for a start, have people such as Michael Cox and Jonathan Wilson writing for them, and exist in the same world as Goal, The Metro and Duncan Castles.

I was also being glib. Metro are obviously the worst.

I think this is going to happen. Although it rather explodes the myth about Klopp's transfer ethos; never buying big name players for large amounts of money and instead only wanting to sign young unknown players that he can nurture and develop. I was always very sure that he'd make at least one big flashy signing for a big flashy amount of money.

Though the last time we waited for a Work Permit Clearance that could prove Tricky was Mark Gonzalez.. We spent a Season fapping over him ripping it up in Spain, we exploded when he scored in his Debut.

However he turned out to be shite..

Though some how I dint think this fella will..

A sexy forward 3 of Firminho Coutinho and Tex Snr. Wets the appetite..

Certainly better than Lallana Benteke Milner

Arsenal bought some shit bag Brazilian defender who had no caps and he got a work permit through some 'oustanding talent' loophole so we should be able to do the same.

Arsenal bought some shit bag Brazilian defender who had no caps and he got a work permit through some 'oustanding talent' loophole so we should be able to do the same.
Work permits seem to be awarded on a strange basis involving how many freckles people have, what weekday the request was put in, whether the person making the decision had a hot cup of tea in front of them & how many biscuits were alongside it.

------------Mignolet---------

Clyne----Skrtel-----Sakho-----Moreno

----------Can-------Henderson------

Ibe--------Teixeira-------Coutinho

------------Benteke-----------------

If this is true though, I wish we'd try and get it done quietly and quickly before alerting the likes of Chelsea/City/Utd to inevitably outmuscle us financially.
Eh ? Did the club go and make a statement then or is this just Barrett blabbering on ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom