• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like that's where he's been playing for Shakhtar.

"He has scored 89 goals in 222 appearances for Shaktar, but almost 50 of those have come in the last two seasons, even though he has dropped deeper into the midfield after the departure of Fernandinho to Manchester City."

Although I've obviously never seem him play a full game

Sounds like that's where he's been playing for Shakhtar.

That league's not very good. He could play anywhere he pleased I suppose. But he's considered more of an attacking midfielder by all accounts, and we badly need goals and pace in the team, so he'll play as close to goal as possible. But how close is what I want to know. It's very easy to float about looking ace in Russia, he won't get anything like that amount of space here

Sounds like his scoring rate has gone up since he dropped back deeper. Would he be more likely to take Henderson or Can's position than Lallana or Firmino?

Every match lineup I've seen in transfermarkt for this season shows him playing in the middle of a three behind their lone striker.

Melissa Reddy ‏@MelissaReddy_ 46m46 minutes ago
Alex Teixeira, apart from being quite prolific, also hardly gets injured. Last reported setback in 2013/14 and he only missed two games

Say he does come in - is it possible Klopp actually sees Firmino as a striker more than one of a trio of AMs behind a striker? Well, at least for the rest of this season that would be the plan given Benteke's relegation to the bench. That's how you could squeeze Coutinho, this lad, and maybe someone who plays wider to spread the field (say Ibe) into the same team with just one ball to share.

If that works, great, you go with it next season. If not, well, I thought we were always more likely to solve the striker problem in the summer anyway. Klopp seemed pleased with Firmino as the centre forward in the post-Man Utd press conference, but I'm not sure if he was thinking of supper when answering journalists, or he really feels that's Firmino's best position for us.

Yeah, as I thought. So that doesn't really solve the "main striker" bit, does it?

No, but as I said earlier, sign Teixeira and suddenly a short-term Long type move makes sense. Someone who might not be prolific but is extremely mobile/aggressive and makes space for the Coutinho----Firmino------Teixeira party.

I think we'll go with a Coutino-Firmino-Teixeira front 3, with Lallana-Benteke-Ibe making up the bench firepower. That'd actually be pretty tasty.

Haha, some of that defending is comically bad. It's difficult to judge him, but you can tell he's a good finisher.

It's a big price for someone who's never played in Spain, Germany, Italy or Germany. Let's just hope he lives up to it. Definitely looks an exciting purchase.

Already started...
Shakhtar boss Lucescu confirmed that Teixeira missed out on this week's friendly with Corinthians as he picked up an injury in training.

That's the old pulling him out of games because he's getting sold situation. Never seen or heard of this guy. Haven't even got time this morning to watch the youtube. Nevertheless, I say sign him!

Guardian reporting we've bid now, so I'll believe it.
Cue a cash up front bid front Chelski/Spurs now.

Haha, some of that defending is comically bad. It's difficult to judge him, but you can tell he's a good finisher.

It's a big price for someone who's never played in Spain, Germany, Italy or Germany. Let's just hope he lives up to it. Definitely looks an exciting purchase.
His record in Europe is decent too though. 12 in 46.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom