• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't surprise me. It either gets done in next 24 hours or it doesn't happen / we get gazumped again.

You tell me.

Without having ever seen him play. Here's what i know - at 26 a players value is typically at its highest. So thats problem number 1.

Brazilian attackers careers have often flamed out in their late twenties. Red Flag number 2.

He's playing in a shit league. So that goalscoring record needs to be looked at closely. Red flag number 3.

Lucas and Firmino have been capped for Brazil. Teixeira hasnt. Red Flag number 4.

On the other side of the coin, at age 26 he hasnt played that many games (200 or so). So there should be plenty more in the tank before he breaks down.

According to Rurik he's a scorer, rather than someone who fannys about with a lot of the ball. Thats what we need.

We're still something like 9th in the league. Arguably we'd be better off taking a longer term view less risky approach with the money.

For the price being quoted I'm tending towards a no.

If he was in the 15m to 20m bracket it would be worth it

Without having ever seen him play. Here's what i know - at 26 a players value is typically at its highest. So thats problem number 1.

Brazilian attackers careers have often flamed out in their late twenties. Red Flag number 2.

He's playing in a shit league. So that goalscoring record needs to be looked at closely. Red flag number 3.

Lucas and Firmino have been capped for Brazil. Teixeira hasnt. Red Flag number 4.

On the other side of the coin, at age 26 he hasnt played that many games (200 or so). So there should be plenty more in the tank before he breaks down.

According to Rurik he's a scorer, rather than someone who fannys about with a lot of the ball. Thats what we need.

We're still something like 9th in the league. Arguably we'd be better off taking a longer term view less risky approach with the money.

For the price being quoted I'm tending towards a no.

If he was in the 15m to 20m bracker it would be worth it

Snap.

Lots of journalists saying Ayre is back home without a deal, but negotiations will continue, personally I cant see this happening.

I've always wondered why each year we top the Premier League in money spent on agent's fees despite never coming out on top in actual transfers.

Didn't realize they included travel agents in that number.

The not getting capped by Brazil bit is a bit pointless in all honesty. Willian had 2 caps before moving to Chelsea, now 30 caps. Fernandinho had 5 caps before he moved to City, now 26 caps.

Douglas Costa only got into the national team 14 months ago.
He is only 8 months younger and we've been talking about signing him a few times.

The big question is obviously the fee. If its under 30 mill £ I'd say go in all honesty. That is also based on the fact that the other similar Brazilian players that have moved from Shakthar have been a huge success and havent had any issues settling.

That thing about Brazilian players usually peaking at about 26 - are we taking the case of those guys who burst onto the scene in their late teens and flamed out at about 28 or 29 and applying them too generally?

I wonder if guys like Firmino and Teixeira, whose careers really took off on a vertical only in these last 2 seasons (at 22 and 24 respectively) should be lumped into the same group. Could the peak point be more about a particular number of years into, say, a normal shelf-life / cycle of 10 years after they take off, rather than about a particular age?

I've no idea, just asking for clarification on this, as my impression is that those guys who peaked early at 26 usually followed a certain pattern in their development.

That thing about Brazilian players usually peaking at about 26 - are we taking the case of those guys who burst onto the scene in their late teens and flamed out at about 28 or 29 and applying them too generally?

I wonder if guys like Firmino and Teixeira, whose careers really took off on a vertical only in these last 2 seasons (at 22 and 24 respectively) should be lumped into the same group. Could the peak point be more about a particular number of years into, say, a normal shelf-life / cycle of 10 years after they take off, rather than about a particular age?

I've no idea, just asking for clarification on this, as my impression is that those guys who peaked early at 26 usually followed a certain pattern in their development.

Thats why i put in the comment about the games played also.

A lot of players regardless of nationality that burst on the scene and play a lot from age 17 are often done by 27. That doesnt apply to Teixeira. But there is that national trend with Brazilians

I think we should forget about him, until it happens. This is a false high you guys are creating. You'll be disappointed.

P.s, I know fuck all about this guy, but he's Brazilian, quick, skilful, scores goals, and costs £20million+, I need it to happen.

So we believe that we can strike a deal for less then the €50 million that Shakhtar initially asked?

Good going, Ian!
I reckon we're hopeful of getting it done for ~£30million, which is expensive, but why not, we're hardly short of cash.

Teixeira has been doing well for more than 2 seasons. Let's look at his Shakhtar stats

2009-10 3 games, 0 goals
2010-11 39 games, 3 goals
2011-12 37 games, 10 goals
2012-13 41 games, 16 goals
2013-14 40 games, 9 goals
2014-15 37 games, 22 goals
2015-16 25 games, 26 goals

You could argue that he's towards the end of rather than the beginning of his peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom