• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anwar El Ghazi

Status
Not open for further replies.
From wiki

Having dual citizenship, El Ghazi is eligible to represent both the Netherlands as well as Morocco at senior level. He made his international debut playing for the Netherlands under-18 side in a friendly match against Austria U-18 on 15 October 2012, which ended in a 2–0 loss.[7]

El Ghazi met Cristiano Ronaldo of Real Madrid during the summer break, a player who he looks up to and asked him whether he should choose between the Netherlands and Marocco. Ronaldo advised him to choose for the Netherlands since he has a higher chance to participate at an international tournament based on their history. As a result, El Ghazi mentioned that he will choose to represent the Netherlands and was called up for two UEFA Euro 2016 qualifying games in October 2015.[8] El Ghazi directly made his way into the starting line-up for the Netherlands in those two matches, though it was not enough to qualify for EURO 2016.

Lol

I've had a look at the Dutch media and there were loads of links on October 4th. Interested clubs are supposed to be us, Everton and Southampton. The thing is though that the source for all these links was the Sunday People. It was in The Guardian transfer roundup today but that was probably from the Metro who had it earlier. They will have got it from the earlier Dutch reports or more likely just made it up same as the People did.

Its probably all BS, but I was wondering if he could one of those gems in europe. I've seen his youtube clips and I'm unimpressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom