• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre match - Arsenal - Sunday 4.30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're still loons.

Yes we are - and that is what made us experts in spotting the lunacy of our the clubs Management in the transfer market over the summer. The only comfort I can take from what will in all likelihood be an utter shit season of nothingness - is the the number of games we played last season and nearly "completing football" plus the adventure we have had thus far under Klopp over the last six seasons. I have memories to hold onto and what could-be if we make some signings this January, and do the right thing. Who - I have no idea - absolutely no idea as the targets we want were sold to other clubs etc.

Fuck off, utter wank. Klopp has sat there watching a slow motion car crash for months, love to hear what endearing shite he comes out with after that limp, pathetic crap.
I tend to read off the same sheet as you.

We looked better than we actually were in that 1st half more so because arsenal were poor. Instead of us trying to pick up the pace we just continued as we were. Arsenal picked it up and we were had nothing though tbh we never pick up things in the 2nd half of games anyway. Everything is always the same, we are just one dimensional. Before we wore teams down and were tight at the back but now we are so easy to play against. We don't even look like creating a decent chance. Klopp has alot of work to do to sort this out. Definitely no easy quick fix, could be looking at 2 or 3 seasons in the wilderness

I see no redeeming factors in the team bar the likes of Elliott and Diaz with play like the actual love to play football.
Salah has been so bad he should be dropped, That fat new contract makes him a bigger waste of money than nunez as at least he looks like he might score

Yes we are - and that is what made us experts in spotting the lunacy of our the clubs Management in the transfer market over the summer. The only comfort I can take from what will in all likelihood be an utter shit season of nothingness - is the the number of games we played last season and nearly "completing football" plus the adventure we have had thus far under Klopp over the last six seasons. I have memories to hold onto and what could-be if we make some signings this January, and do the right thing. Who - I have no idea - absolutely no idea as the targets we want were sold to other clubs etc.
Do you really think fsg will invest in transfer market in January? Diaz was a transfer brought forward because spurs were sniffing around but normally they won't spend so why will this be different? We need 3 or 4 signings

Elliot is a nice lad but the fact we he gets game time is indicative of how poor our squad is now. He is not good enough like a number of players we have in the squad. If we want players who enjoy playing for us then there’s plenty we can get from local parks but that won’t be good enough.

Last edited:
So it looks like an FA charge may be coming for Henderson. Whatever he said in his bust up with Gabriel has been reported to the ref and submitted to the FA for review.

This may seem churlish but Arsenal isn’t all that much better than Crystal Palace, Brighton, Newcastle etc. It’s just Liverpool is so much worse and we gifted them 3 points. And the second goal, I mean Tsimikas knocks in a free kick and they are suddenly 5 on 3, again no pressure on the ball. And then the penalty when there were about 4 or so chances to clear the ball! There are just so many problems right across the pitch and most them of a commitment type, you don’t even know where to begin. That first goal is a cut and paste job from the end of last season continuing into this; only Rangers didn’t try it—- even Everton and Bournemouth tried but failed to score. No pressure on the ball at all and they waltz through. At some point you have to admit you have a genuine problem.

At least Klopp didn’t bring on Milner to solve a problem.

Last edited:
I could understand the sub in midfield at least
in the second half, arsenal came at our two holding mids and really put them under pressure
salah and jota did not help them and the full backs out enough, and saka and martinelli ran riot

So it looks like an FA charge may be coming for Henderson. Whatever he said in his bust up with Gabriel has been reported to the ref and submitted to the FA for review.
Only thing that would warrant an investigation is if Gabriel thought Henderson (or another one of our players) said something racist.

No, if he opened his mouth and any intelligible words came out of it, then it would in all likelihood warrant an investigation. The chance these words could avoid all of the following breaches is up there with the chances of us making the top four. Henderson is going for the big ride, all that is to be decided is whether it's just FA Rule E3.1 or there's a little bit of FA Rule E3.2 to go with it.

[article]
GENERAL BEHAVIOUR E3

E3.1 A Participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

E3.2 A breach of Rule E3.1 is an “Aggravated Breach” where it includes a reference, whether express or implied, to any one or more of the following :- ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or disability.

E3.3 Where an Aggravated Breach of Rule E3.1 is committed in youth football by a Player aged under 12, no disciplinary charge will be brought. In such cases, the Player will be subject to an education programme, the details of which will be provided to the Player by The Association.

E3.4 Where two or more Participants from a Club commit any Aggravated Breach of Rule E3.1 in any twelve month period, regardless of whether any such breach falls within sub-paragraph E3.4, the Club itself will be liable to a sanction imposed by a Regulatory Commission. 1
[/article]

I'm guessing that it will have included a reference to his nationality, given Firmino, Thiago, Fabinho and Alisson all had wtf expressions. And that will be that, the reference to Brazil will see the charge upheld and Henderson banned for racism. It will be funny this time given he's nowhere near the player Suarez was at that time. However, he more than most has been on the woke virtue signalling band wagon, raising awareness like he's fucking Jesus of Nazareth, selflessly trying to do good, lecturing everyone every spare minute of the day and getting praised for how much more virtuous than us he is, probably makes him feel better and deflect from his criminal performances. For that woke fool to then get cancelled as a racist, you can't help but to love to see it. That's how the game works. You're a racist now. All the lols.

I sat with a couple of Arsenal fans and they were strangely quiet throughout that game. Mid first half they thought they were going to get turned over and late second half they thought we'd draw level again. Funny how each fan base sees things differently.

After the (by now) usual calamitous start I though we'd be on the end of a drubbing but we managed to make a game of it albeit continuously managing to shoot ourselves in the back.

We need much more aggression in the middle and the return of Curtis may help us retain possession for longer in that part of the pitch. Suck it up, move on.

By the way I thought Nunez looked a threat before we ran out of steam and failed to get service to him. I expect him to succeed.

This was a game that shows why VAR isn't working.
If Oliver had given the Gabriel handball, VAR would have upheld it.
If Oliver hadn't given the Arsenal penalty, on the basis they didn't award the Gabriel handball, VAR would not have awarded it.
Assuming we'd have scored out penalty, it's a different game and we probably win.
So VAR isn't levelling things out, the game still swung on the on-field decisions of the referee, both of which could easily have gone the other way with no VAR. Home advantage made the difference.
And our season-long sluggishness shows the folly of going on a long-haul pre-season tour on the back of a long prior season with a shortened pre-season. Our players, with the possible exception of Diaz, have been blowing out of their arses since Fulham.
Final note, whisper it quietly because it's an unpopular opinion, pre-season tours don't actually make that much money. Sure, the headline fees for the games look great, but they cost a fucking fortune to put on and consume so much time in the planning stage. In the last few years, Klopp's managed to keep it short haul and we've won stuff. The extra prize money from our success far outweighs the dollars thrown at us by promoters on the other side of the world.

I'm guessing that it will have included a reference to his nationality, given Firmino, Thiago, Fabinho and Alisson all had wtf expressions. And that will be that, the reference to Brazil will see the charge upheld and Henderson banned for racism. It will be funny this time given he's nowhere near the player Suarez was at that time. However, he more than most has been on the woke virtue signalling band wagon, raising awareness like he's fucking Jesus of Nazareth, selflessly trying to do good, lecturing everyone every spare minute of the day and getting praised for how much more virtuous than us he is, probably makes him feel better and deflect from his criminal performances. For that woke fool to then get cancelled as a racist, you can't help but to love to see it. That's how the game works. You're a racist now. All the lols.

I am ok with it mostly because he's shit.

How are people actually saying we were unlucky / cheated?

I don't care how bad Arsenal were, we were getting destroyed by them. Could have been 5-0 and it wouldn't have flattered them.

How are people actually saying we were unlucky / cheated?

I don't care how bad Arsenal were, we were getting destroyed by them. Could have been 5-0 and it wouldn't have flattered them.

This isn´t the case. In the frist half we were in control, until they adjusted after the break, and we struggled to adapt to that.

Shit or not shit, a 2 month Henderson ban for this, on top of our midfield issues, would be the cherry on top of everything.

Also, what does it do for team spirit if the captain's slagging off Brazilians when some of our best, most senior players are Brazilian. Shambles.

I am ok with it mostly because he's shit.

It will pain you then to consider that we can ill afford the financial cost of his cancellation. All the merchandise that will have to go in the bin, all the promotional materials, the marketing campaigns, terminating his image rights agreements, our sponsors will be demanding rebates or potentially even damages. Once the racism ban is handed down, our newly revised transfer budget will be handed down simultaneously, and Klopp will need to pay for a replacement monitor and window.

This isn´t the case. In the frist half we were in control, until they adjusted after the break, and we struggled to adapt to that.

Yep, the score is a good reflection on how the game went. It was pretty close. If we had gone into half time in front, we would have deserved it on how well we were playing then.

What was said in regards to our medical teams now customary "hi everybody, I'm Dr Nick, your ankle looks fine to me, just jog it off, yes, you're good to play on", diagnosis of Trent having his ankle turned upwards and pointing toward the sky like Frank Lampard?

I was calling for Gomez to start. I will state that. But even though he defended better than TAA he just highlight that which we already know... We need another RB

Salah's form as been so poor. I am questioning whether we sold the right striker (Mane)....
Yes I know his form was heading down hill but I feel that between Mane and Salah that Mane would have benefited more from the upsurge in Firmino's form more than Salah has.
Midfield... I thing we are missing a Gini type player and the replacement we bought for him(Keita) has spent a lot of time injured. Should have bought Renato Sanchez... Can't see us getting Bellingham so we should concentrate on signing Rice. and another Midfielder

Salah replacement...??
Midfielder.... Rice, Mudryk, Sanchez
RB... Rumour that Aaron Wan-Bissaka could be on his way out of Man Utd

I was calling for Gomez to start. I will state that. But even though he defended better than TAA he just highlight that which we already know... We need another RB

Salah's form as been so poor. I am questioning whether we sold the right striker (Mane)....
Yes I know his form was heading down hill but I feel that between Mane and Salah that Mane would have benefited more from the upsurge in Firmino's form more than Salah has.
Midfield... I thing we are missing a Gini type player and the replacement we bought for him(Keita) has spent a lot of time injured. Should have bought Renato Sanchez... Can't see us getting Bellingham so we should concentrate on signing Rice. and another Midfielder

Salah replacement...??
Midfielder.... Rice, Mudryk, Sanchez
RB... Rumour that Aaron Wan-Bissaka could be on his way out of Man Utd

Replacing Trent with Aaron Wan-Bissaka is up there with replacing Klopp with Wagner.

Klopp's still by far the best man for this increasingly big task. My only worry with him is that he has big blind spots when it comes to players. Call it loyalty, or belief, or whatever, but Trent could be gash every week for months and Klopp will keep playing him and singing his praises.

Elliot is a nice lad but the fact we he gets game time is indicative of how poor our squad is now. He is not good enough like a number of players we have in the squad. If we want players who enjoy playing for us then there’s plenty we can get from local parks but that won’t be good enough.

Well finally someone speaks out. Now watch yourself getting kicked in the head etc.

It will pain you then to consider that we can ill afford the financial cost of his cancellation. All the merchandise that will have to go in the bin, all the promotional materials, the marketing campaigns, terminating his image rights agreements, our sponsors will be demanding rebates or potentially even damages. Once the racism ban is handed down, our newly revised transfer budget will be handed down simultaneously, and Klopp will need to pay for a replacement monitor and window.

Henderson has image rights?????

But in all seriousness, the fallout will be shit but it may the only way Klopp will finally stop playing Henderson.

Indeed, if we stop thinking about the glaring problems we have, they were not that great, they had two moments of sustained pressure in that game - 10 mins at the start and 15 minutes of it in the 2nd half leading to their penalty. So overall they may have had a good 25 minute spell in the whole game - other than that it was under our control. But yesterday - all their goals came out of really poor game management and decision making that to be honest - with all the years of experience we have gained as a top side should not be in our makeup. To add to our shittyness, three things caused us even more stress on this team:

1) Loss of Diaz
2) The Ref
3) Klopp's substitutions.

Only thing that would warrant an investigation is if Gabriel thought Henderson (or another one of our players) said something racist.

The entire internet seems to think Henderson is a racist already. People are actually looking at Firminos body language as some sort of evidence that something bad was said.

Nobody knows what was said and I highly doubt Henderson would even do that given his role with No room for racism, senior player and being club captain. It would be very out of character to say the least.
I think its more Gabriel reacting to something he thinks he heard, in all honesty.

The entire internet seems to think Henderson is a racist already. People are actually looking at Firminos body language as some sort of evidence that something bad was said.

Nobody knows what was said and I highly doubt Henderson would even do that given his role with No room for racism, senior player and being club captain. It would be very out of character to say the least.
I think its more Gabriel reacting to something he thinks he heard, in all honesty.

Think its all bollox, Gabriel is a bit of a wank character in my view, and also I see Saka is learning, when he fell in the first half - its like he got shot in the eye, when he was never touched around that area.

Henderson has image rights?????

But in all seriousness, the fallout will be shit but it may the only way Klopp will finally stop playing Henderson.

If he didn't have image rights, he'd be paying obscene taxes on his income like the rest of us do, which is hardly fair, he needs his image rights in order for his image to go on ad campaigns to remind us peasants to not be racist and to support the NHS by us paying more tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom