• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man City (A) - 1 April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expectations for this summer are through the roof. Are we all prepared for not enough bodies through the door and being reminded that we need evolution not revolution or some shit like that. The core of the team are quadruple chasers after all.

Expectations for this summer are through the roof. Are we all prepared for not enough bodies through the door and being reminded that we need evolution not revolution or some shit like that. The core of the team are quadruple chasers after all.

30 million plus sales.

Ali always get a pass.

Salah for the goal.

Gakpo was lively.....and maybe Ox for a laugh?

“About four performances were okay. The two midfielders, Hendo and Fab, worked a lot to try to close gaps. Cody, especially in possession, and Ali of course”

Ali made 1 save I recall which was from that minge with the shit hair.

But that was enough for him to be my motm, or 2nd motm.

I must have stopped paying attention by then. I don't blame him for the goals but I didn't see him do much either.
One sensational stop from Grealish but four in total.
He also collected a lot of balls and his distribution was excellent.

“About four performances were okay. The two midfielders, Hendo and Fab, worked a lot to try to close gaps. Cody, especially in possession, and Ali of course”
Hendo was utter shite again. He was nowhere near the ball chasing (walking) after shadows. Robbo was total crap and Trent not much better .. but neither had any support or protection from Elliott, Hendo nor Jota.
Konate needs to learn if he pushes into midfield then his passes MUST find our people and not give it away allowing breaks.
The issues going into this match proved our undoing as expected ; midfield and full backs.

One of those games where it was really about who was the least bad, because there weren't any actual good performances.

Robbo was by my estimation the worst player on the pitch. He gave the ball away so often it was actually difficult to comprehend. VvD much like Hendo looks like he's reached the point where he needs to drop out of international football or he's done.

Ok, top 3 today?

Jota
Konate
Trent

Not very convincing from any of those but I don't think I can applaud anyone else.
Jota didn't do much except some good hold up play down the wing. He didn't support Robbo or make anything happen up front. Konate kept giving the ball away. Trent was roasted time and again by Grealish and continually passed the ball to City players.

It's tough to find the 4 players Klopp says did OKish. I think he was being generous.

Ali perhaps. Gakpo maybe. That's it !

I honestly think the press need to grill Klopp more on his tactics. It's the same style of play, and always the same weakness on display. Someone needs to ask why he persists? Why doesn't he switch it up, so we are more defensive?

Jota didn't do much except some good hold up play down the wing. He didn't support Robbo or make anything happen up front.

At times early on I thought there was the odd glimmer of improvement in him…but from the moment (about 30 mins in) that I saw him running in treacle when Salah broke with the ball, it confirmed how he seems to have lost a couple of yards of pace and power post injury.

He looked completely cooked from about half way through the first half and offered the hapless Robbo no protection at all. He’d do well to get in the Everton side ahead of McNeil right now.

You see the way City pressed us like madmen and forced us into giving the ball away cheaply, while playing a high line and retaining possession.

We used to do that once.

Now we’re shit at it and can’t press for longer than about 20 minutes.

You see the way City pressed us like madmen and forced us into giving the ball away cheaply, while playing a high line and retaining possession.

We used to do that once.

Now we’re shit at it and can’t press for longer than about 20 minutes.

Yep. I saw. We did ok with it for a while, then they got to us.
And when klopp got Firmino and Nunez on, hoping for the old pressing days to return.
Watching that was sad as fuck. Like someone living in the past, fueled by hope.

He is done as a footballer at the highest level. We are the dickheads for still keeping him as an option. He should have been let go for free to any club who was willing to subsidize his wages, couple of years ago.
Most agreed we should never have signed him... But yes, 2 years ago it was blatantly obvious he wouldn't contribute anymore... and Klopp and Co decided to extend his contract for a year instead.

The squad management has been horrific for awhile.

We need more than 2.

Effectively if we buy 2, we're still relying on hendo, fabinho, elliott or thiago to be the 3rd mid. Add in the fact that we need a new CB.

Thuram, Tielemens, Veiga, N'Dicka. Thats probably as good as we could get. We won't spend that much if we spend 130m on jude alone

I agree we need more than 2. But what I am say is that "Thay Have to Be Quailty Buys" Tried and Tested and not just those with potential, but players that would be starters at any other top culb.
And if it means that we can only buy two this window then so be it

Last edited:
I agree we need more than 2. But what I am say is that "Thay Have to Be Quailty Buys" Tried and Tested and not just those with potential, but players that would be starters at any other top culb.
And if it means that we can only buy two this window then so be it

Absolutely agree they need to be quality, but if we buy Jude....they won't be. We won't be able to afford Jude and another quality cm

Absolutely agree they need to be quality, but if we buy Jude....they won't be. We won't be able to afford Jude and another quality cm
Depends on how true the 250m tranfser kitty is, plus what we get for Fabinho and Jota should we sell them

Recall where we were before Klopp’s taking over? He & co. will get it right. It will take longer than it should have but they will get it right.

Watched the analysis of the match on AnfieldWrap. The contributors all pointed out a worrying development— the players don’t seem to like each other at all, almost as if looking to see who the fall guy should be. I hadn’t thought about this but watched it back and blimey, I think we had a thoroughly dysfunctional team out there. A number of players weren’t pulling their weight at all and, if the truth be told, they have routinely not been turning up this season. I also think Klopp’s was partly right in who he thought played to their best; at least they seemed to give as much effort as their dodgy legs could allow them even if the overall effort is longer up to scratch.

But we have known this for some time now. It’s so frustrating that Klopp himself says this pretty much every match but seems to select the same mob with the same result :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom