• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man City (A) - 1 April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp needs to wake up and stop playing predictable football. Why does he do it, the players don't have the legs to play his system of 4-3-3 and a highline? Swicth iy up to 4-4-2 or 3-5-2

The others have a future.

Why?
Purely because they are younger?
When was the last time Jota even got a goal? Gakpo? Hmm not sure at the moment. Mythical Ben Doak? Diaz? Injured but not a great scipring record.
Focus should be on rebuilding rest of the old spine first.

Klopp has always been loyal to certain average players that he thought that he could work with and 'level up'.

Klopp needs to look at himself and realize you can't always turn water into wine. Too many average players in the squad, need to be let go.

Klopp needs to wake up and stop playing predictable football. Why does he do it, the players don't have the legs to play his system of 4-3-3 and a highline? Swicth iy up to 4-4-2 or 3-5-2
Why?
Purely because they are younger?
When was the last time Jota even got a goal? Gakpo? Hmm not sure at the moment. Mythical Ben Doak? Diaz? Injured but not a great scipring record.
Focus should be on rebuilding rest of the old spine first.

Yes, now you are getting it. Nunez and gakpos might get better and are salable assets, but Salah will only continue get worse.

All that I can say about the second half was that it was depressing.

I am beginning to think that It is not so much the fault of our strikes for the lack of goals we score, like wise in the goals that we concede; but it's is down to our midfield. That is where we are losing games...

Well there is always the Europa Leauge to look forward to

Yes, now you are getting it. Nunez and gakpos might get better and are salable assets, but Salah will only continue get worse.

That’s nonsense. You haven’t offered any alternatives to a viable striker. We have lack of goals throughout.
Salah’s contract was renewed to ensure his price is still protected. Just to scapegoat Salah is predictable but flawed.

Salah will still fetch more money than those two now and possibly at least for another year.

If either don’t improve next year then we should look to move them on rather then persist with degrading assests.Klopp used to be good at this but we have persisted with average players like Ox and few others for a while now.

All that I can say about the second half was that it was depressing.

I am beginning to think that It is not so much the fault of our strikes for the lack of goals we score, like wise in the goals that we concede; but it's is down to our midfield. That is where we are losing games...

Well there is always the Europa Leauge to look forward to

You're only now beginning to think the problem is the midfield? Where have you been all season?

It's just about taking your chances. Today we should have been 2 up before they scored. We weren't as aging legs let us down.

Seriously mate you can make up all the excuses for this and it won't wash. We are so predictable and easy to beat and Klopp does nothing about it, nothing. Apart from waste money on 2 players that we didn't exactly need. Klopp is done. Yes dare I fucking say it on here. He can go. We need new ideas.

Seriously mate you can make up all the excuses for this and it won't wash. We are so predictable and easy to beat and Klopp does nothing about it, nothing. Apart from waste money on 2 players that we didn't exactly need. Klopp is done. Yes dare I fucking say it on here. He can go. We need new ideas.

I don't think it's excuses to say we didn't take out (very few) chances today. A 2 goal cushion opens up space.

This season we're done. I've no doubt. I'm happy to give klopp a chance to rebuild however.

Ok, top 3 today?

Jota
Konate
Trent

Not very convincing from any of those but I don't think I can applaud anyone else.

Can't disagree
Jota did well to shield for the goal. Played a few nice passes
Ibou dealt with what he had to
Trent...did a pass?

Can't disagree
Jota did well to shield for the goal. Played a few nice passes
Ibou dealt with what he had to
Trent...did a pass?

Yep. That's about my rationale for those three. Mo would have gotten in if he hadn't screwed up the 2v1.

It's just about taking your chances. Today we should have been 2 up before they scored. We weren't as aging legs let us down.
I agree. We don’t al convert our chance but routinely give the other teams chances from which they invariably score.

You're taking the piss, right?

We were not there anymore; we were completely open, we were too passive, too deep, too far away from everything. If you look at the game, I think we had around about four performances which were OK: the two midfielders with Hendo and Fab worked a lot, tried to close gaps, Cody especially in possession and Ali, of course, and then that's obviously very difficult

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/jurgen-klopps-verdict-manchester-city-4-1-liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom