• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Man City (A) - 1 April 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the analysis of the match on AnfieldWrap. The contributors all pointed out a worrying development— the players don’t seem to like each other at all, almost as if looking to see who the fall guy should be. I hadn’t thought about this but watched it back and blimey, I think we had a thoroughly dysfunctional team out there. A number of players weren’t pulling their weight at all and, if the truth be told, they have routinely not been turning up this season. I also think Klopp’s was partly right in who he thought played to their best; at least they seemed to give as much effort as their dodgy legs could allow them even if the overall effort is longer up to scratch.

But we have known this for some time now. It’s so frustrating that Klopp himself says this pretty much every match but seems to select the same mob with the same result :mad:

And will again tomorrow.

I don’t think I can recall seeing Klopp so… disconnected from the team. It feels like his unshakable trust in many of the players is gone - not surprising after being let down again and again, and perhaps there is some loss of trust in the other direction as well. Singling out individual players who played “OKish,” sarcastic comments at the expense of the team or himself - that’s not the Klopp we know. The team needs a reset and frankly so does he.

There are no resets. This team would be peachy if it got results and nobody would be talking about klopp, who, I'm happy to report, hates losing.

It's just that we have to sit through an entire season to fix problems that were evident, or obviously en route, for more than 2 years. No one has to sit through it more. Our team could cobble together results if it had just a little help or gave a little more, but I think once more into the breach has a shelf life, and we hit it last year and the owners just loved the deal.

There are so many times that klopp put himself on the line to buy future success. He made his job harder by waiting and then it worked out spectacularly after he scraped through things on margins. This time it hasn't worked, but the margins don't need to be as fine as they are, and nor should it all be on him.

In addition he's been undermined entirely by a complete lack of professionalism, in failing to replace key positions, and in the absolute disaster that was all the messaging and activity around a sale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom