• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Firmino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I think my major issue in recent weeks has been that he has been playing shite.
I don't expect him to score many goals, but even by his standards, this season has not been good enough from that perspective - a paltry 4 league goals in 17 games.

But I do not doubt or denigrate his value to the team when he's playing at his best. He's a clever, hardworking and important player.
Even in his poor form, he brings immense value. It is why we are able to win as often as we with him at CF. He is never a passenger. I hope he gets back to his best though because its a joy to behold.

Your negativity towards him says more about your understanding of the games than him.

Bobby is a brilliant player who has proven integral to our play. However he's definitely looked very jaded most of this season and would benefit from some time off.

Hopefully Origi's emergence, the reappearance of Shaqiri, and the forthcoming Minamino will allow Klopp to find some kind of attacking formation that lets Bobby sit on the bench from time to time as well as push him for his starting role.

Which is it? You are effectively playing two sides of the argument here. I guarantee you we score 20 less goals without him on the side.​

Stole my thunder as I was about to ask the same thing. It's clear he's being a major retard regarding Bobby.​

Hmmm, I think my major issue in recent weeks has been that he has been playing shite.
I don't expect him to score many goals, but even by his standards, this season has not been good enough from that perspective - a paltry 4 league goals in 17 games.

But I do not doubt or denigrate his value to the team when he's playing at his best. He's a clever, hardworking and important player.
So not a Flabby Melt then ? Or is that just his nom de guerre now ? :D

Bobby is a brilliant player who has proven integral to our play. However he's definitely looked very jaded most of this season and would benefit from some time off.

Hopefully Origi's emergence, the reappearance of Shaqiri, and the forthcoming Minamino will allow Klopp to find some kind of attacking formation that lets Bobby sit on the bench from time to time as well as push him for his starting role.
I'd agree with most of that however Origi really needs to improve his all round play (or stay as a super sub where he's brilliant) and Shaq. really hasn't played well since .... I don't know when it's been that long.

Even in his poor form, he brings immense value. It is why we are able to win as often as we with him at CF. He is never a passenger. I hope he gets back to his best though because its a joy to behold.

Oh, he does. I'm with you 100%.

But, and I'm with Brendan here, his finishing is his weaker ability and he wastes many chances other natural strikers wouldn't.

But hey ho - we're blessed to have him.

I have given up seeing Firmino as a natural striker, the type that scores on every single chance he gets inside the box like Lewandowski. I have come to terms with what he actually offers to his two front-men, something which other teams would love their striker to be able to do. He drags players away, he harassed his opposite numbers constantly and doing those unpredictable moves and pass only his teammates expect him to do. As long as Mane and Salah keep bagging those goals we needed, I have no complains.

He never was an out-and-out striker, natural or otherwise, even in Germany before coming to LFC. Some on here were touting him as such when we really needed one, but that was never his true position. It would be nice if he scored more, yes, but to me that's a side issue. He's more than worth his place in that front three.

It's amazing he doesn't score 20 goals a season with such incredible striking instincts and finishing prowess

His main attribute isn't scoring, it is creating. He works hard, creates space and builds plays.

Even he didnt get assists and goals (which he does) he contributes strongly to the team.

I think back to Peter Crouch days... He went through a long run at the start without scoring and rival fans were mocking him. Joke was really on them. He was putting in some great performances and helping out the team, being a good part of the team even though he wasnt finding the net.

Crouch days are long gone and he wouldn't get a sniff at our team now... But... It just another example. Sometimes it doesn't matter if your CF is scoring goals as long as he is helping the team and someone else IS scoring.

I'd agree with most of that however Origi really needs to improve his all round play (or stay as a super sub where he's brilliant) and Shaq. really hasn't played well since .... I don't know when it's been that long.

Indeed. Origi scores goals and that is all he does... Which is great except when hr doesn't.

Keep Origi as a sub... Its what he does best. He isn't technical or skilled enough to start a match and play and create. He's much better charging at opposite end like a drunk bull when they're worn out.

It is probably the closest we have had to one of my all time favourite Peter Beardsley. He was never out toppscorer from a striker/forwards position, he allways had a couple of players ahead of him at the list. But we played so much better with than without him. And just like Firmino he was an awful awful man

It is probably the closest we have had to one of my all time favourite Peter Beardsley. He was never out toppscorer from a striker/forwards position, he allways had a couple of players ahead of him at the list. But we played so much better with than without him. And just like Firmino he was an awful awful man

There isn't anywhere near enough evidence to back up such a general description of Beardo. He made mistakes for which he's been punished, but plenty of character witnesses from within the game came forward to speak for him.

His main attribute isn't scoring, it is creating. He works hard, creates space and builds plays.

Even he didnt get assists and goals (which he does) he contributes strongly to the team.

I think back to Peter Crouch days... He went through a long run at the start without scoring and rival fans were mocking him. Joke was really on them. He was putting in some great performances and helping out the team, being a good part of the team even though he wasnt finding the net.

Crouch days are long gone and he wouldn't get a sniff at our team now... But... It just another example. Sometimes it doesn't matter if your CF is scoring goals as long as he is helping the team and someone else IS scoring.

Please don’t compare Crouch to Firmino, it makes a mockery of your argument.

The issue with Firmino of late is it’s not just his goals that have dried up, it’s his assists and link up play which has been shite with poor touches, decision making and passing galore!

His work rate is still there but the rest needs to lift.

Crouch was nothing like him ( and I was big big fan)

Bobby is an absolute bastard.

Dancing when he scores
Pretending to take his shirt off
Making silly passes without looking
And doesn`t even look at the goal on the rare occasion he deigns to score for us.

And his Missus is Gorgeous

Bastard.

;)

And drink driving

And drink driving
Which he was punished for and quite rightly so.
Not making excuses but wasn`t there a burglary involved?
And don`t think I`m making excuses as I fucking hate drink drivers, the last drink driver made me spill my JD all over the steering wheel.

JD is a bastard to get off the dashboard.

And don`t think I`m making excuses as I fucking hate drink drivers, the last drink driver made me spill my JD all over the steering wheel.

Maybe so but if you drink drive you’ll get zero sympathy from me.

Jack Daniels?

Would those who aren’t fans of Bobby like to see him gone?

Absolutely not, hes a fantastic player when hes on form and clearly has great chemistry with the other 2 attackers. But I think we are too dependent on him given his semi frequent spells where his touch goes cold and nothing comes off for him. I suspect Minamino wa signed for this reason but only time will tell.

Hopefully the news that hes now got serious competition for his place will give him the jolt he needs because it would be great to have him firing on all cylinders for the fixture pile up.

Oh he's definately bad. Check out the pose and the hat!!!!
firminowife-3.jpg

url

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom