• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Firmino

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to that last point, instead of looking at 'assists', it's also good to look at 'big chances created' per 90 mins, say over the past 3 years, as that has nothing to do with finishing. I'm pretty sure Whoscored etc. all have that stat too. I'm eating my dinner and can't be arsed looking now ;)

Only source of statisticI trust is King Binny :D

I don't buy the knackered/not fit argument. I think he's just out of form which happens to even the best players. He's never really been a goalscorer, but a great harasser and pretty creative, but the creativity and few goals have just upped and left him. I don't think he's a had a particular drop off in his pressing ability which would maybe be indicative of him being knackered.

Frim needs a rest / more competition. if we had more quality on the wings with the likes of sancho we could switch salah / mane to the centre.

Brewster hasn't really steeped up this season and origi offers something different which isn't always what klopp wants.

Minamino will be the boy to replace firmino when hes off song.

It'll be grand

Chill

Take another look at his goal tonight. The little skip step he does to make sure he meets the ball perfectly in stride. Most forwards wouldn't think to do that and would end up on their arse trying to put the wrong foot through it from 3 yards out.

Take another look at his goal tonight. The little skip step he does to make sure he meets the ball perfectly in stride. Most forwards wouldn't think to do that and would end up on their arse trying to put the wrong foot through it from 3 yards out.

It was a good finish but let’s not get carried away with Firmino’s finishing when it’s the weakest part of his game by a mile.

I've never seen a more desperate way of eulogising about a total of 5 goals

Fair enough but he has essentially scored the winner/decisive goal in 3 league games. Without those goals we'd only be 8 points ahead of Man City. He has been well off form overall though to be fair.

It was a good finish but let’s not get carried away with Firmino’s finishing when it’s the weakest part of his game by a mile.
But the rest of his game when on form is Red Hot.
Scoring when he does is the icing on the cake and more often than not(IMO) is a joy to watch.

It's amazing he doesn't score 20 goals a season with such incredible striking instincts and finishing prowess

You also tend to go lengths to belittle him sometimes, to be fair.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, I guess.
You think? On one side you have mighty Brendan claiming he isn't good enough in game after game.

On the other, you have Jurgen Klopp, architect of Liverpool's resurgence, who loves his game and talks about his importance to the team and what he does consistently. As well as Gary Neville, Thierry Henry and a whole host of much cleverer football people. The game has moved on from what Brendan knows... Firmino isn't a striker and he scores enough goals for what he brings to the teams besides them.

You think? On one side you have mighty Brendan claiming he isn't good enough in game after game.

On the other, you have Jurgen Klopp, architect of Liverpool's resurgence, who loves his game and talks about his importance to the team and what he does consistently. As well as Gary Neville, Thierry Henry and a whole host of much cleverer football people. The game has moved on from what Brendan knows... Firmino isn't a striker and he scores enough goals for what he brings to the teams besides them.

Hmmm, I think my major issue in recent weeks has been that he has been playing shite.
I don't expect him to score many goals, but even by his standards, this season has not been good enough from that perspective - a paltry 4 league goals in 17 games.

But I do not doubt or denigrate his value to the team when he's playing at his best. He's a clever, hardworking and important player.

Would those who aren’t fans of Bobby like to see him gone?

I think everyone is a fan, doesn’t mean there aren’t parts of his game that need improvement. It would be nice for him to have serious competition too to lift his game.

I’d be surprised if folk can’t see what he brings to the team. He’s been at the same level of goal return pretty much since he’s played for Klopp and yet he’s always one of the first on the team sheet. Folk are asking for more goals from him. Which I can understand, but his role is to do so much more than that.

It's amazing he doesn't score 20 goals a season with such incredible striking instincts and finishing prowess

[bcolor=#fdfbf8]
[bcolor=#fdfbf8]
I[/bcolor]
don't expect him to score many goals, but even by his standards, this season has not been good enough from that perspective - a paltry 4 league goals in 17 games.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=#fdfbf8] But I do not doubt or denigrate his value to the team when he's playing at his best. He's a clever, hardworking and important player.
[bcolor=#fdfbf8]
[/bcolor]
[/bcolor]

Which is it? You are effectively playing two sides of the argument here. I guarantee you we score 20 less goals without him on the side.

I’d be surprised if folk can’t see what he brings to the team. He’s been at the same level of goal return pretty much since he’s played for Klopp and yet he’s always one of the first on the team sheet. Folk are asking for more goals from him. Which I can understand, but his role is to do so much more than that.

Problem is his link up play has been shite for a while now. His pressing is still fantastic

I think everyone is a fan, doesn’t mean there aren’t parts of his game that need improvement. It would be nice for him to have serious competition too to lift his game.

Nah there are plenty that don’t rate him particularly highly. Minamino should hopefully give him the competition he needs or rest.
I think many would rather have an out and out striker as opposed to Bobby.

Nah there are plenty that don’t rate him particularly highly. Minamino should hopefully give him the competition he needs or rest.
I think many would rather have an out and out striker as opposed to Bobby.

Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom