• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Firmino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary25

Well-Known
Wtf is wrong with him at the minute? Playing like a pub player these last 5 or 6 weeks. Not the silky skilful Brazilian who was tearing it up at the start of the season.

He's fucking knackered. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't play these club World Cup matches, or at most, briefly plays in the second match.

The weather?
Misses Fabinho?
Or maybe it's because he looks jaded. Playing in the Copa America this summer might have caught up with him. Maybe he needs a break.

He's fucking knackered. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he doesn't play these club World Cup matches, or at most, briefly plays in the second match.
Oh if we beat Monterrey he will be fired up for the Flamengo game. His entire country will be watching.

He’s shattered. Klopp needs to drop and rest him for the Qatar games. Hopefully, we land Minamino who looks like the kinda player that can slot in to give Firm or the other two a rest when needed. May take him a while to settle though so it may not help much immediately upon him signing.

He’s finally been found out and just isn’t good enough.......

....just kidding

He’s knackered, needs a proper rest and some serious competition for his place.

Was I watching something different yesterday, I thought he had good moments in that game, was quite active on the left side when he went over there, and initiated the first Salah goal. If you guys are complaining because he has not scored lately - well, I never expect him to be on the score sheet because I gave up believing he was a goal-scorer after we signed him and just consider it a blessing when he does score.

Had to look up Firmino's stats, he has 1 goal and 1 assists in the premier league since playing Sheffield in late September. 10 games in the premier league without any goals or assists so far.

Had to look up Firmino's stats, he has 1 goal and 1 assists in the premier league since playing Sheffield in late September. 10 games in the premier league without any goals or assists so far.
Well Modo, with him it is the taking part that counts.

Was I watching something different yesterday, I thought he had good moments in that game, was quite active on the left side when he went over there, and initiated the first Salah goal. If you guys are complaining because he has not scored lately - well, I never expect him to be on the score sheet because I gave up believing he was a goal-scorer after we signed him and just consider it a blessing when he does score.

A blessing if he scores? He's not fucking Alisson. He's one of our front three and he hasn't scored a single goal at Anfield in coming up to half a season.

A blessing if he scores? He's not fucking Alisson. He's one of our front three and he hasn't scored a single goal at Anfield in coming up to half a season.

Agree you'd like to see him score more, but his role is far beyond his own goals. Often times he goes all the way back to our own goal to defend and start an attack, and is always linking play or making decoy runs. Salah is the main beneficiary of this as he's the one of the front 3 who defends the least and when Bobby is working his ass off in defense, often times Salah is hanging around the halfway line waiting for the long ball / counter.

Am I missing something? Did Salah and Mane not able to score without Firmino being on fire? We should be counting our blessings he is the kind that even if he could not score nor assist, he doesn't drop his head and slouch his shoulder. He will continue to fight on and not being greedy as to force shots after shots. We need a selfless player with skill like his. I do see his form being a bit low now, like someone said in here, he always had that bad spell before hitting that purple patch and always around this time of year. Bear in mind Mane has that sort of games too, and so did Salah. And it always falls on December, January and February.

As long as someone else in the team is picking up the slack, I don't mind him cruising through a little in matches as long as he could still make that sort of hook pass to Mane like the last match or pressing defenders.

Seriously you guys thought he was that bad ? Just dont get it.
I'm the same, he set himself such high standards that even when he isn't that bad he is still good enough. He looks a little heavy actually to me lately, Firmino is one of those players wherby his relatively minor fluctuations in his weight appear to Mrs up his form. Regardless he definitely knackered or he is carrying an injury but unlike lovren is smart enough not to telegraph it to the media so that opposition defenders don't use that as a tactic.

I remember that game against Spurs where lovren said he was managing a long term injury and was on pain killers to deal with it, of course the next match he plays so badly he gets taken off in the first half. No need to publicize niggling injuries to the media.

I'm the same, he set himself such high standards that even when he isn't that bad he is still good enough. He looks a little heavy actually to me lately, Firmino is one of those players wherby his relatively minor fluctuations in his weight appear to Mrs up his form. Regardless he definitely knackered or he is carrying an injury but unlike lovren is smart enough not to telegraph it to the media so that opposition defenders don't use that as a tactic.

I remember that game against Spurs where lovren said he was managing a long term injury and was on pain killers to deal with it, of course the next match he plays so badly he gets taken off in the first half. No need to publicize niggling injuries to the media.

He's been giving the ball away an awful lot lately, and for someone not expected to score tons of goals but is expected to keep the ball and get things happening further forward, he's not been good at all. And when I say he's been giving the ball away I'm not talking about some outrageous through balls or flicks (no flair player should be criticized for that). It's the simple passes getting intercepted or ball getting taken off him reasonably easily.
He's definitely knackered.

He’s an integral part in how we play, and we’ve done alright even if he hasnt scored that much this season...

Looks knackered and needs a rest. Let Origi start against Monterry

Won't be too harsh on him. After all, it was him who started off the move for our first goal vs. Watford. :D He's our most subbed out player in the league for the past 3 seasons (inc. current one) and understandably so.

Most people have it right here. He is off form but still instrumental to how we play tactically. The 3rd CB on corners, the 4th midfielder often, the left or right winger when Salah is pushed forward or we're playing in counter mode. He's missed a few too many easy chances this year and isn't sprinkling in the magic right now, quite the opposite. However, he's still a valuable component of our 1 loss season team so far and is always a threat to contribute to a goal, via through creating space, setting up a play, assisting or scoring. Competition/rotation for his false 9 role is a necessity for our squad.

I think he has a fitness/stamina issue that isnt going to be solved by a weeks rest, it seems something more permanent. As has been pointed out hes been the most frequently substituted player in the last 3 years which means the coaching staff are well aware that he doesnt have 90 mins a week in him, and its definitely become a pattern for him to go off the boil for a prolonged spell each year.

Hopefully Minamino can take some of our dependency off him and let him drop out of the side when hes in a lean spell. Id bench him for both WCC games. For all the talk of how much more than just goals he brings to the team, hes got 4 assists all season, less than Trent, Robbo, Mané. Its actually the same as Salah who was being called a selfish cunt a few weeks ago for not passing enough.

I think he has a fitness/stamina issue that isnt going to be solved by a weeks rest, it seems something more permanent. As has been pointed out hes been the most frequently substituted player in the last 3 years which means the coaching staff are well aware that he doesnt have 90 mins a week in him, and its definitely become a pattern for him to go off the boil for a prolonged spell each year.

Hopefully Minamino can take some of our dependency off him and let him drop out of the side when hes in a lean spell. Id bench him for both WCC games. For all the talk of how much more than just goals he brings to the team, hes got 4 assists all season, less than Trent, Robbo, Mané. Its actually the same as Salah who was being called a selfish cunt a few weeks ago for not passing enough.

That is pure speculation from your end. He has a work ethic and move pattern which is very demanding. He has also taken this to Brazil who uses him more and more to get the same as us. In world cup he didn't feature a lot, but since then he has been heavily involved in all International breaks and taking summers Copa America into account he has had very little rest for two and a half years. Speculating in permanent problems due to him being removed in 85+ minute doesn't make any sense. It makes sense to remove him as the two others has the counter attack speed leaving other teams chasing a result against us still worrying about the counters.

And for assists ... It is hard to blame him for others missing the goal. So where Salah has been egoistic I think Firmino is the opposite. He very often set up others. They not scoring is not necessarily his fault.

That is pure speculation from your end. He has a work ethic and move pattern which is very demanding. He has also taken this to Brazil who uses him more and more to get the same as us. In world cup he didn't feature a lot, but since then he has been heavily involved in all International breaks and taking summers Copa America into account he has had very little rest for two and a half years. Speculating in permanent problems due to him being removed in 85+ minute doesn't make any sense. It makes sense to remove him as the two others has the counter attack speed leaving other teams chasing a result against us still worrying about the counters.

And for assists ... It is hard to blame him for others missing the goal. So where Salah has been egoistic I think Firmino is the opposite. He very often set up others. They not scoring is not necessarily his fault.
With regard to that last point, instead of looking at 'assists', it's also good to look at 'big chances created' per 90 mins, say over the past 3 years, as that has nothing to do with finishing. I'm pretty sure Whoscored etc. all have that stat too. I'm eating my dinner and can't be arsed looking now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom