• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post Match Wolves (A) - Sat 28th Sept 17:30

I really.hope slot wasn't happy with that display. Yes, we won, but we were panicked as fuck that 2nd half. Sloppy in attack and lazy in defence
I think Slot has actually improved us on the panic front the acid test of that was the united away game. It was noticable how the players did not ruch or play to the crowd, same today, it was just that I thought Salah, and others did not have accurate passing, also when we did break, we never looked like we wanted to score

Sloppy game where our midfield was outplayed for large parts of the game - Andre and Joao Gomes both excellent - defence was sloppy at times and decision-making in attack was lacking. Not sure what happened - maybe the players underestimated the opponent, just like most fans (myself included) did. Great to be top of the league, but it didn’t feel like this performance built on anything good we did in the past few weeks.

Alli - good, don’t think the goal was on him
Trent - a bit too relaxed in a situation when we were under pressure. Some excellent tackles though.
Konate - bad misjudgement for the goal, but his 1st EPL goal was excellent and long overdue and solid the rest of the way
Van Dijk - sound
Robbo - good energy and quality crossing

Gravvy - I thought he was not as good as in previous games, lost the ball too many times.
Macca - excellent display, really stepped up when we needed him.
Szobo - I wanted him substituted at half-time. Unfortunately he’s playing himself out of the team.

Diaz - battled as usual, but couldn’t find his moment today
Jota - great cross for Konate’s goal and convincingly won a penalty, good day at the office
Salah - good penalty, but overall not his best. Seems like his form has tailed off after a strong start.

Ultimately an invaluable 3pts but not a controlled display even though we had periods of control.

Jota created both goals so gets a pass and Gakpo was menacing when he came on.

Salah made a lot of poor decisions in the final third but kept his cool to score the winner and surprisingly showed up in defensive positions numerous times in the last 30 mins. Good to see. Surprised Chiesa didn’t come in for the last 15.

CB’s and Robbo were excellent and Gravy was sublime again even though he gave the ball away poorly in the last few mins in a dangerous spot. That run into the box towards the end of the game was majestic, shame he didn’t shoot.

Great little cameo from Jones too.

Top of the league after 6 games with 5 wins, every single of us would have taken that when Slot was announced.

Onwards and upwards.

To be fair, they never did come close to equalising.

3 points.
That's been pretty much Wolves so far this season though. And why I was never worried they'd get another (unless we fucked up again).

They've had a tough schedule (toughest of any team), played 6 of the Top 7 inc. today (and the other one in the LC) and played some nice stuff between the boxes but lamentable in the box / finishing (though there was nothing to finish today) and some poor defending. They'll finish mid-table though so we shouldn't think of them as bottom of the table dross.

No other club has conceded fewer goals.

No other club has secured as many points.

SCM still thinks we're shite.
This Is The Way GIF by Shibetoshi Nakamoto

No other club has conceded fewer goals.

No other club has secured as many points.

SCM still thinks we're shite.

Ah, this again.

What was it, an 11 point lead we had over Utd under Rafa, and you'd just get "but we're top of the league" thrown back at you whenever you dared to say that maybe, just maybe there are points of concern.

In fact, it's amazing that we only have one title to our name in the last 30 years despite being so wonderful every year.

That was a rough watch, but in simple terms we created the best two chances of the game, scored one, and then either side gifted the other a goal. We just about did enough but should be grateful that Wolves are toothless.

Gravenberch was, yet again, comfortably the best player on the park. The goal aside, Ibou, and VVD, were excellent and kept us safe Nobody was at their best though, especially the right hand side, which was disjointed, poor in possession and completely lacking in any cohesive passing patterns.

We controlled the game pretty well after the penalty. Job done.

That was a rough watch, but in simple terms we created the best two chances of the game, scored one, and then either side gifted the other a goal. We just about did enough but should be grateful that Wolves are toothless.

Gravenberch was, yet again, comfortably the best player on the park. The goal aside, Ibou, and VVD, were excellent and kept us safe Nobody was at their best though, especially the right hand side, which was disjointed, poor in possession and completely lacking in any cohesive passing patterns.

We controlled the game pretty well after the penalty. Job done.
Agree with every single word, except 2.

Job is not done until we win our remaining 32 games. Inshallah we will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should've ended your post by saying "for today", it's these little details that count you see.

We aren't shite, we aren't amazing. We probably aren't good enough to win a title without a lot of luck. None of this is news.

I think a few players dragged our performance down. Two of them didn't even play midweek.
Szobo was absolutely atrocious.
Diaz couldn't get anywhere.
Our entire right flank got nullified by Wolves.
I honestly think they were the main culprits today.
I know that I'm a bit of Jota fan boy at times but his performance is very dependent on what goes on behind him. The midfield and the wingers need to provide him with chances.
If they're bad, he's bad. Luckily he manage to conjure up an assist and a penalty out of nothing and won us the game.

I think it's time for a change. I doubt that Slot is thinking the same but for the midweek game I'd like to see Jones play behind Jota, that is if he even starts. All that talk about protecting Jota was apparently bullshit because he let him run his legs off today, instead of subbing him for Chiesa.
I'd also consider rewarding Gakpo with a start.

I think Slot has trouble trusting some of the players in the squad. That is probably the main difference between him and Klopp.
Klopp would definitely have brought on Endo in the last 10-15 mins and Gomez would have come on earlier.

We need Trey and Ngumoha

We also need to kick Szobo off the team bus and leave him behind.

& we need Arne to get Salah and Trent’s heads together against a wall and slam it repeatedly.

Back
Top Bottom