• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Trent, Salah and VVD

Pay VVD whatever he wants. He's so important to us. If he gets slower with age, make up for it with fast players around him. He'll be worth having for several more years.

Keep Virgil for a few more years until Colwill gets more experience and improves - then we can pick him up on a free.

View: https://youtu.be/RzfGwrzh_Ds?t=119

Arne Slot: "It's a good thing that everybody [at Liverpool] wants their contracts to be renewed." Well, it is a good thing that he says that. That what he has stated serves two key purposes.

1: Increases the market value of those players. That is always good and that is what smart clubs with smart owners always do. Everyone in Europe and in Spain and at places like Real Madrid thinking that everyone at Liverpool wants TAA's contract to be renewed is a very, very good thing. That is how clubs with smart owners increase the market value of their players so that the club can induce others to purchase those players and so that the club can get higher prices for those players. Breaking TAA's contract and taking him out of Anfield in January could bring some solid cash into the club.

2: Provides stability to the club. If club were to leak information that it is dissatisfied with the likes of TAA or with whoever else that would serve to greatly destabilize the club.

It is through things like this that one can see and notice that Liverpool Football Club has some very smart and shrewd owners. In bad clubs with poor owners and inadequate management structures things like this spill over and create great problems. That is not the case with LFC.

NEW: Virgil van Dijk has confirmed that talks over a new contract at Liverpool are under way. Speaking to reporters after Sunday's win over Chelsea, he said: "I can say obviously discussions are ongoing, but I don't know, we will see what happens in the future. My very full focus is on Liverpool, wanting to win games that are ahead of me and nothing else. What the future will bring I have no idea at the moment. I can only tell you that discussions have been started up and we will see."

If true, seems very reasonable. But source is .. not great

View: https://x.com/empireofthekop/status/1848668942539116821/photo/1

IMO, he should be paid less. Much less. He is getting older. Especially If he wants a two year extension. NO WAY !!!!

A one-year extension and then maaaaaybe he can get paid a little more than the harsh market value. IMO. The problem w him is that he is a captain and these things must be hashed out and discussed IN PUBLIC.

ps So that I would let his contract expire. Let him see the offers he can get from other clubs. And let him see what those clubs are. And let all Liverpool supporters see him for the attention bitch that he is. IMO.

pps IMO = In My Opinion.

IMO, he should be paid less. Much less. He is getting older. Especially If he wants a two year extension. NO WAY !!!!

A one-year extension and then maaaaaybe he can get paid a little more THAN THE HARSH MARKET VALUE. IMO. The problem w him is that he is a captain and these things must be hashed out and discussed IN PUBLIC.
I couldn't disagree with you more. The club has left it late, and to replace a player like VVD, will cost £100m and quite simply there isn't anyone with close to his traits. 2 year on the same salary I will be okay with, I can still see him being at the same level in two years.
If he left on a free, Chelsea, Real Madrid, PSG would all offer hm £300k+ and the Saudis probably £800k tax free a week

A one-year extension and then maaaaaybe he can get paid a little more than the harsh market value. IMO. The problem w him is that he is a captain and these things must be hashed out and discussed IN PUBLIC.

ps So that I would let his contract expire. Let him see the offers he can get from other clubs. And let him see what those clubs are. And let all Liverpool supporters see him for the attention bitch that he is. IMO.

pps IMO = In My Opinion.
Jesus fucking Christ. Where the hell does this forum find them?

Back
Top Bottom