• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rafael Benitez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be fairer to say that the Mancs are a shadow of their former selves rather than dismiss them completely.

[quote author=rage link=topic=36712.msg971944#msg971944 date=1256574481]
[quote author=Tinto link=topic=36712.msg971938#msg971938 date=1256573994]
[quote author=rage link=topic=36712.msg971919#msg971919 date=1256572221]
i see the rafa lovers are out in force today. funny how the measurements for success change from lets wait till the end of the season to just winning one game.

my expectations are high, i refuse to allow us to become that second tier team that judges success based upon all they do is beat their rivals. smells a lot like an everton supporter - we'll never win the league but as long as we beat x team that's a great season.

what do people think rafa has learned from yesterday?

- agger is a better compliment to carra than skertel is?
- yossi should play on the right or behind torres?
- aurelio should start ahead of insua whenever possible?
- n'gog should get pitch time ahead of voronin?
- playing a formation we are comfortable with is far more effective than some of the crazy stuff he has come up with recently?

i'm looking forward to tuesday, i'm happy for all you rafa lovers to be critical of me but just remember - the season isn't won in october and rafa has form in fucking things up.

[/quote]

You don't sound very happy to me!
[/quote]

i'm in a no lose situation. we win the league, i'm ecstatic and don't care i got it wrong about rafa. we fuck up again, i'm proven right. of course i'm happy. yesterday i saw the end of a team that had dominated the league for over a generation.
[/quote]

Jesus Christ, Rage...

Whilst I'm not chomping at the bit to crucify you every time you speak, you don't half make it easy on your detractors - This isn't a f#$!ing win-win situation. 'Cos if Liverpool don't win the league, we all f#$!ing lose! How the f#$! could being proven right make that failure easier to take? Unless being right is more important than your club's fortunes.

If THAT'S the case, I'll never defend you again, 'cos they're right about you.

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=36712.msg972210#msg972210 date=1256606146]
[quote author=rage link=topic=36712.msg971944#msg971944 date=1256574481]
[quote author=Tinto link=topic=36712.msg971938#msg971938 date=1256573994]
[quote author=rage link=topic=36712.msg971919#msg971919 date=1256572221]
i see the rafa lovers are out in force today. funny how the measurements for success change from lets wait till the end of the season to just winning one game.

my expectations are high, i refuse to allow us to become that second tier team that judges success based upon all they do is beat their rivals. smells a lot like an everton supporter - we'll never win the league but as long as we beat x team that's a great season.

what do people think rafa has learned from yesterday?

- agger is a better compliment to carra than skertel is?
- yossi should play on the right or behind torres?
- aurelio should start ahead of insua whenever possible?
- n'gog should get pitch time ahead of voronin?
- playing a formation we are comfortable with is far more effective than some of the crazy stuff he has come up with recently?

i'm looking forward to tuesday, i'm happy for all you rafa lovers to be critical of me but just remember - the season isn't won in october and rafa has form in fucking things up.

[/quote]

You don't sound very happy to me!
[/quote]

i'm in a no lose situation. we win the league, i'm ecstatic and don't care i got it wrong about rafa. we fuck up again, i'm proven right. of course i'm happy. yesterday i saw the end of a team that had dominated the league for over a generation.
[/quote]

Jesus Christ, Rage...

Whilst I'm not chomping at the bit to crucify you every time you speak, you don't half make it easy on your detractors - This isn't a f#$!ing win-win situation. 'Cos if Liverpool don't win the league, we all f#$!ing lose! How the f#$! could being proven right make that failure easier to take? Unless being right is more important than your club's fortunes.

If THAT'S the case, I'll never defend you again, 'cos they're right about you.
[/quote]

To be fair, he'll be ecstatic if we win the league but just happy if we lose. Give him a break. 🙂

i think you misunderstand. i have no expectations that rafa can deliver us the league. if he does, i am wrong but ecstatic. if he doesn't then it is what it is. i don't for one minute think i am the only one who thinks this way.

does this make me less of a fan? a cock? only a superfan rcdnw would think so. it is not about me being prove right but rather more that my belief is that rafa will always find an excuse as to why he failed. i remember athens where rafa got it wrong then managed to manipulate the situation to make it look like it was the owners fault.

there is nothing to suggest that rafa can win the premier league. infact if we had stability at the top, failing to win the premier league this season would make it rafa's lat season. he has been backed, he has spent plenty of money and to date he has proven to be no better than houllier.

i find it bizarre that people on here who never go to the games whilst i spend thousands a year going to the games can comment on my love and support for my club. i remember the great days. i will not accept rafa's believe that we cannot compete with chelsea and utd. a mentality that we shouldn't expect too much because our hands are tied. even this season i feel that we would have had more points had he simply played gerrard in the middle, drop lucas and played yossi in the hole.

call me a dreamer but i expect a great manager to win the league because he gets the best out of what he has not because he has the most money.

Your original point was that you were onto a winner either way, as though being proven right in defeat of our club, there was some kind of solace and satisfaction to be found, which I can't think many would be proud of, nor can I think of any others who do actually think that way, so yeah I do think you're alone in your thinking. What's there to misunderstand?

How can a fan say, "either way I'm a winner", when one of the scenario's ultimately means that we've fallen short at the expense of one of our rivals and won fuckall? "I win if we win, and I win if we lose". Hardly and example of unwavering support.

There's no justification or reason in it at all.

[quote author=rage link=topic=36712.msg972421#msg972421 date=1256642849]

call me a dreamer but i expect a great manager to win the league because he gets the best out of what he has not because he has the most money.

[/quote]

Thats where you fall down. 20 years ago, that's the way it was, now it's not the case. Chelsea didn't win the league for ths first time in 50 years because Mourniho got the most out of an average bunch of players. They won it because he got the best out of the most expensively assembled squad in history (although Man City might be coming close now).

Ferguson hasn't been the success he has by just getting the best out of a group of players. He's spent a huge amount of cash bringing in players.

Wenger... a little different... but he's won fuck all of note since since Abromovich changed the nature of the game in England forever.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=36712.msg972426#msg972426 date=1256643326]
Your original point was that you were onto a winner either way, as though being proven right in defeat of our club, there was some kind of solace and satisfaction to be found, which I can't think many would be proud of, nor can I think of any others who do actually think that way, so yeah I do think you're alone in your thinking. What's there to misunderstand?

How can a fan say, "either way I'm a winner", when one of the scenario's ultimately means that we've fallen short at the expense of one of our rivals and won fuckall? "I win if we win, and I win if we lose". Hardly and example of unwavering support.

[/quote]

i think i clarified what i meant. if you don't accept it that's your prerogative.

i have unwavering support of the team. i am sophisticated enough to make a distinction between the team, the owners, the manager and the players.

[quote author=StevieM link=topic=36712.msg972436#msg972436 date=1256643963]
[quote author=rage link=topic=36712.msg972421#msg972421 date=1256642849]

[/quote]

Thats where you fall down. 20 years ago, that's the way it was, now it's not the case. Chelsea didn't win the league for ths first time in 50 years because Mourniho got the most out of an average bunch of players. They won it because he got the best out of the most expensively assembled squad in history (although Man City might be coming close now).

Ferguson hasn't been the success he has by just getting the best out of a group of players. He's spent a huge amount of cash bringing in players.

Wenger... a little different... but he's won fuck all of note since since Abromovich changed the nature of the game in England forever.
[/quote]

Is correct although Wenger inherited George Graham's underachieving Championship winning squad and added a sprinkle of his own players to win the title at the first attempt.

[quote author=rage link=topic=36712.msg972439#msg972439 date=1256644153]
[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=36712.msg972426#msg972426 date=1256643326]

[/quote]

i think i clarified what i meant. if you don't accept it that's your prerogative.

i have unwavering support of the team. i am sophisticated enough to make a distinction between the team, the owners, the manager and the players.

[/quote]

In other words you see Benitez failing as a personal victory?

You're a reprehensible worm Rage.

i never said that doctor mac. i am of the opinion that rafa will not deliver us the title. how does that make me a worm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom