• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Masher agent to hold talks with Barca today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Buddha link=topic=34210.msg898509#msg898509 date=1246516693]
From the Mirror...

Rafa Benitez’s transfer plans could be thrown into chaos by a £25million bid from Barcelona for Javier Mascherano.

The Champions League holders are refusing to give up their pursuit of the Liverpool midfielder and are ready to test Benitez’s resolve with a concrete offer.

Sources close to the Argentina international say he would be interested in speaking to Barcelona who are willing to hand him a huge pay rise from £25,000-a-week to over £80,000-a-week.

The £25m fee would help finance Benitez’s rebuilding work at Anfield, but he can’t afford to let Mascherano leave with Xabi Alonso set to join Real Madrid.

The Reds boss will rebuff any bid from Barca, although he may have to hand Mascherano improved terms to keep him happy.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Alonso seems determined to quit Liverpool this summer and wants his future resolved before he is due to report back in just over two weeks’ time.

Benitez and Real remain poles apart in their valuation of Alonso with the Spanish giants only prepared to pay £22m and the Reds boss demanding £35m.

The two sides also cannot agree on a fee for Alvaro Arbeloa either. Real have offered £3m but Benitez wants at least £5m.

Arbeloa’s agent, Manuel Garcia Quilon, is in Madrid for talks with Real and the deal is expected to be completed in the next few days.

In another blow to Benitez’s plans, £7m flop Andrea Dossena claims he is happy to stay at Liverpool as Juventus’s interest in him cools. In better news for Benitez, Argentinian winger Sebastian Leto has completed his switch to Panathinaikos, swelling his transfer kitty by £3m.
[/quote]Well done 'the mirror' a perfect summing up of that which we already knew, with absolutely no insight.

So much for our 'perfect summer'

It's really going to fuck us over, because it's difficult to identify the right 'match winner' when you don't know what CM's and system you'll be playing next year.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=34210.msg898513#msg898513 date=1246517086]
So much for our 'perfect summer'

It's really going to fuck us over, because it's difficult to identify the right 'match winner' when you don't know what CM's and system you'll be playing next year.
[/quote]Im sure Rafaknow.

Here's hoping.

I just hope he forces them both to stay another year and give us a real shot at the title.

[quote author=LarryHagman link=topic=34210.msg898516#msg898516 date=1246517812]

3mil for Arbeloa is an insult. I'd rather we kept him and lost him for nish next year.

[/quote]

absolutely. fuck madrid, i'd rather he sign for free next summer rather than sell him for 3 million. a spanish international fullback for 3 million, no way.

Can't really blame Real tho.

Whilst everyone else forces them to pay top money, they're so used to seeing Liverpool bend over for them when it comes to transfers.

We even pay for KY.

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=34210.msg898509#msg898509 date=1246516693]
From the Mirror...

Rafa Benitez’s transfer plans could be thrown into chaos by a £25million bid from Barcelona for Javier Mascherano.

The Champions League holders are refusing to give up their pursuit of the Liverpool midfielder and are ready to test Benitez’s resolve with a concrete offer.

Sources close to the Argentina international say he would be interested in speaking to Barcelona who are willing to hand him a huge pay rise from £25,000-a-week to over £80,000-a-week.

The £25m fee would help finance Benitez’s rebuilding work at Anfield, but he can’t afford to let Mascherano leave with Xabi Alonso set to join Real Madrid.

The Reds boss will rebuff any bid from Barca, although he may have to hand Mascherano improved terms to keep him happy.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Alonso seems determined to quit Liverpool this summer and wants his future resolved before he is due to report back in just over two weeks’ time.

Benitez and Real remain poles apart in their valuation of Alonso with the Spanish giants only prepared to pay £22m and the Reds boss demanding £35m.

The two sides also cannot agree on a fee for Alvaro Arbeloa either. Real have offered £3m but Benitez wants at least £5m.

Arbeloa’s agent, Manuel Garcia Quilon, is in Madrid for talks with Real and the deal is expected to be completed in the next few days.

In another blow to Benitez’s plans, £7m flop Andrea Dossena claims he is happy to stay at Liverpool as Juventus’s interest in him cools. In better news for Benitez, Argentinian winger Sebastian Leto has completed his switch to Panathinaikos, swelling his transfer kitty by £3m.
[/quote]

If Real are prepared to pay just 22 million, I'd rather keep Xabi., even if it risks him being pissed off for the next 3 years

Let's see how motivated he is to play considering next year is the World Cup.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34210.msg898512#msg898512 date=1246516943]
Well done 'the mirror' a perfect summing up of that which we already knew, with absolutely no insight.
[/quote]

I actually prefer it when they make shit up, at least they've put a little bit of effort in then.

[quote author=Avmenon link=topic=34210.msg898526#msg898526 date=1246519361]
[/quote]

great point ...

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=34210.msg898537#msg898537 date=1246520968]
[quote author=Avmenon link=topic=34210.msg898526#msg898526 date=1246519361]
[/quote]

great point ...
[/quote]

Yes- and that goes for Masher too. And fucking Arby if we don't get the right price.

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=34210.msg897319#msg897319 date=1246287834]
Barcelona president Joan Laporta has reiterated his interest in Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano.

The Argentine is highly rated by the UEFA Champions League, Primera Liga and Copa del Rey winners as they look to reinforce ahead of the defence of an unprecedented Treble.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is desperate to hold onto the defence-minded Mascherano, who is an international team-mate of Barcelona star Lionel Messi, and insists he is not for sale at any price.

But Laporta, who handed holding midfielder Yaya Toure a new contract on Saturday, remains a fan of the 25-year-old, and could yet consider making the Premier League Reds an offer.

He told icat FM: "Mascherano is a close friend of Leo Messi. We will see what happens. He's a player I like very much."

Mascherano has previously confessed he is uncertain if his long-term future lies on Merseyside to increase speculation he could leave Anfield when his contract expires.

Real Madrid have also been linked with the ex-West Ham, River Plate and Corinthians player as the Bernabeu giants continue their lavish summer spending.
[/quote]

I think Barca are just making noises to satisfy their fans what with all the RM signings. Why would they want Mascher if they've given Toure a new contract

1124 BST:Barcelona are set to bid £17m for Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano after Barca's technical director received permission from Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez to make an offer

no way >🙁

I'm starting to think we'll lose both Masher and Xabi this summer.

And there we were laughing at Ronaldo leaving man utd.

[quote author=link link=topic=34210.msg898635#msg898635 date=1246534045]
1124 BST:Barcelona are set to bid £17m for Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano after Barca's technical director received permission from Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez to make an offer

no way >🙁
[/quote]

Ha ha, we paid more than that for him!

Would Rafa really have given permission to make an offer? Does a club even *need* permission to make an offer?

17m.. haha.. yeah, they can have Lucas for that.

We bought him for 18m for crying out loud.

Any bid for Mascher start at 30m.

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=34210.msg898640#msg898640 date=1246534306]
I'm starting to think we'll lose both Masher and Xabi this summer.

And there we were laughing at Ronaldo leaving man utd.
[/quote]

If we are to lose them, then it would be for a stratospheric sum. Both Mascher and Xabi have 3 years left on their contract and so we don't have to sell.

£17m is a totally derisory offer even after if you discount that everyone is going for hugely inflated prices.

[quote author=QUADRASPAZ link=topic=34210.msg898638#msg898638 date=1246534170]
17m. I piss on 17m. Fuck off with ya faggy 17m. Fuck off.
[/quote]
What he angrily mumbled.

MUNDODEPORTIVO.es

Thursday July 02, 2009

Imminent bid for Javier Mascherano

FC Barcelona is preparing a bid for Javier Mascherano first of 20 million euros after the technical secretary of the entity azulgrana, Txiki Begiristain, talk to the coach of all English, Rafa Benitez, and receive 'permission' to make a proposal.

The fact that Benitez made this concession does not mean that the 'reds' are willing to accept it, but it does show some willingness to negotiate, but the technician told Txiki not think off the player.

The contacts between the two are a continuation of the technical secretary held with representatives of the player, Walter Tamer and Federico Vitale, about three weeks ago at the Hotel Juan Carlos I in Barcelona, where the interest transferred azulgrana club Tab to the Argentine midfielder. In fact, employing half of first level is a priority for Pep Guardiola.

and the rest 🙁

Spanish press just playing games again, permission to make an offer... they always do this to keep a story going when there's nothing in it

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=34210.msg898544#msg898544 date=1246521684]
[quote author=Buddha link=topic=34210.msg897319#msg897319 date=1246287834]
Barcelona president Joan Laporta has reiterated his interest in Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano.

The Argentine is highly rated by the UEFA Champions League, Primera Liga and Copa del Rey winners as they look to reinforce ahead of the defence of an unprecedented Treble.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is desperate to hold onto the defence-minded Mascherano, who is an international team-mate of Barcelona star Lionel Messi, and insists he is not for sale at any price.

But Laporta, who handed holding midfielder Yaya Toure a new contract on Saturday, remains a fan of the 25-year-old, and could yet consider making the Premier League Reds an offer.

He told icat FM: "Mascherano is a close friend of Leo Messi. We will see what happens. He's a player I like very much."

Mascherano has previously confessed he is uncertain if his long-term future lies on Merseyside to increase speculation he could leave Anfield when his contract expires.

Real Madrid have also been linked with the ex-West Ham, River Plate and Corinthians player as the Bernabeu giants continue their lavish summer spending.
[/quote]

I think Barca are just making noises to satisfy their fans what with all the RM signings. Why would they want Mascher if they've given Toure a new contract
[/quote]

Seeing as how Messi is friends with Mascher, shouldn't this cue loads of "Messi to Liverpool" stuff in the English press. Its more sensational than Mascherano to Barca.... 😉

[quote author=the_khl link=topic=34210.msg898661#msg898661 date=1246535899]
Apparently they are offering £19M + Etoo.

And Iniesta.
[/quote]

Thats shite. Maybe xavi as well might change my kind.

Maybe they'll offer us a couple of mill to throw Gerrard and Torres into the deal?

Masher is't going anywhere this summer.

[quote author=Mors link=topic=34210.msg898884#msg898884 date=1246549554]
Maybe they'll offer us a couple of mill to throw Gerrard and Torres into the deal?

Masher is't going anywhere this summer.
[/quote]

I think yaya toure signing an extension to his contract hopefuly lessens the chances of masch going to barca. i think maybe the only player we will lose is arbeloa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom