• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Masher agent to hold talks with Barca today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=34210.msg893449#msg893449 date=1245751687]
[quote author=Asim link=topic=34210.msg893409#msg893409 date=1245749826]
Plus I'm sure Mascher would have told them to fuck off also, but he should have told the Spanish clubs to fuck off n all
[/quote]

Yes, and normally he's very good at that:

MascheranoCele_468x323.jpg

Fuck off fuck off fuck off!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Haha.

Just as long as he doesn't say it to referees again.

Fuck him, 'confortable'?
What is that supposed to mean?
He should have said he was over the moon with LFC, and that the city is amazing and he loves every waking moment here and he never wants to leave and he wants to his ashes scattered around the ground when he dies.

[quote author=Asim link=topic=34210.msg893523#msg893523 date=1245759606]
Fuck him, 'confortable'?
He should have said he was over the moon with LFC, and that the city is amazing and he loves every waking moment here and he never wants to leave and he wants to his ashes scattered around the ground when he dies.
[/quote]

Yes he should, but it's probably not the best negotiating tactic if he's looking for a pay rise now is it?

[quote author=barrymac20 link=topic=34210.msg893515#msg893515 date=1245759222]
As i thought, sky and other media sources left half of what Mascherano said!!

I'm comfortable at Liverpool but flattered by Spanish interest

Javier Mascherano admits he is flattered by the reported interest in him from Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Both Barca and Madrid have been strongly linked to the Argentina captain as they look to strengthen their squads this summer, and the Liverpool man has taken great pride from that.

"It`s really flattering. For me it means great recognition because we are talking about big clubs," said Mascherano, who still has three years left on his contract at Anfield.

"I feel comfortable at Liverpool, but it`s always good to know that teams like Barca and Madrid are interested in you. I feel very grateful."

Mascherano also spoke highly of Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez, and believes it is great for the Reds that the Spaniard recently committed himself to the club, penning a new contract that runs until 2014.

"(He is) excellent. He`s a perfectionist, working down to the smallest detail that you can imagine. Fortunately he has renewed his contract, meaning his ties to the club continue and this will give more calm to everybody," Mascherano said in an interview with Spanish magazine Don Balon.

[/quote]

OK, Now I feel slightly better, but I'm still suspicious of his loyalty. That's the trouble with signing and grooming foreign and especially latino players - when Barca or Real comes knocking, you know you're running uphill trying to keep them...

[quote author=localny link=topic=34210.msg893575#msg893575 date=1245762349]
[quote author=barrymac20 link=topic=34210.msg893515#msg893515 date=1245759222]
As i thought, sky and other media sources left half of what Mascherano said!!

I'm comfortable at Liverpool but flattered by Spanish interest

Javier Mascherano admits he is flattered by the reported interest in him from Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Both Barca and Madrid have been strongly linked to the Argentina captain as they look to strengthen their squads this summer, and the Liverpool man has taken great pride from that.

"It`s really flattering. For me it means great recognition because we are talking about big clubs," said Mascherano, who still has three years left on his contract at Anfield.

"I feel comfortable at Liverpool, but it`s always good to know that teams like Barca and Madrid are interested in you. I feel very grateful."

Mascherano also spoke highly of Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez, and believes it is great for the Reds that the Spaniard recently committed himself to the club, penning a new contract that runs until 2014.

"(He is) excellent. He`s a perfectionist, working down to the smallest detail that you can imagine. Fortunately he has renewed his contract, meaning his ties to the club continue and this will give more calm to everybody," Mascherano said in an interview with Spanish magazine Don Balon.

[/quote]

OK, Now I feel slightly better, but I'm still suspicious of his loyalty. That's the trouble with signing and grooming foreign and especially latino players - when Barca or Real comes knocking, you know you're running uphill trying to keep them...
[/quote]

Except for Torres.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34210.msg893354#msg893354 date=1245747225]
If it's genuinely a case of family problems, then let him go.

If it's just a ploy to get more money or something else, then fuck it, he's on a long contract and we don't have to sell.
[/quote]

Don't agree with that at all. There are hundreds of thousands of expatriates & armed forces etc. around the world working in extreme conditions for themselves and their families, or even with thousands of miles between them a lot of the time. I've found many non-expatriates are extremely soft in this area and don't really understand it - but footballers should. I have done it - it stinks but you get through it with visits and leave periods.

We should do what is best for LFC. IF he is jostling for a move then we wait until a) we get a great price for him and b) we already have a replacement lined up with pen in hand poised to sign.

[quote author=Frogfish link=topic=34210.msg893606#msg893606 date=1245766243]

If it's just a ploy to get more money or something else, then fuck it, he's on a long contract and we don't have to sell.
[/quote]

Don't agree with that at all. There are hundreds of thousands of expatriates around the world working in extreme conditions for themselves and their families, or even with thousands of miles between them most of the time. I've found many non-expatriates are extremely soft in this area. And I have done it - it stinks but you get through it.

We should do what is best for LFC. IF he is jostling for a move then we wait until a) we get a great price for him and b) we already have a replacement lined up with pen in hand poised to sign.
[/quote]

Well, I moved to a different country on my own at the age of 18 and lived in shit places (and did my time), so I have no real understanding or sympathy. BUT everyone deals with this in a different way and if the man has family / personal problems, there is no point in bringing the squad down with that shit.

Obviously selling him would be predicated on a) getting a fee that suits us and b) having a replacement in mind.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34210.msg893608#msg893608 date=1245766484]

[/quote]

Don't agree with that at all. There are hundreds of thousands of expatriates around the world working in extreme conditions for themselves and their families, or even with thousands of miles between them most of the time. I've found many non-expatriates are extremely soft in this area. And I have done it - it stinks but you get through it.

[/quote]

Well, I moved to a different country on my own at the age of 18 and lived in shit places (and did my time), so I have no real understanding or sympathy. BUT everyone deals with this in a different way and if the man has family / personal problems, there is no point in bringing the squad down with that shit.

Obviously selling him would be predicated on a) getting a fee that suits us and b) having a replacement in mind.
[/quote]

when you have another half then the decisions aren't just yours to make.

He wants a pay rise and he probably deserves it as he isn't on the wages his ability commands it appears. This will be sorted soon enough IMO.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34210.msg893617#msg893617 date=1245767412]
[quote author=keniget link=topic=34210.msg893608#msg893608 date=1245766484]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

when you have another half then the decisions aren't just yours to make.
[/quote]

He has a contract and his wife knows that as well as he does. However we have gotten ahead of ourselves because at he moment he hasn't come out and said anything explicit about leaving us - it's all paper talk, 1+1 =3. However if he did then LFC should take a hard line - he's not living in Yemen.

[quote author=Biggus Dickus link=topic=34210.msg893626#msg893626 date=1245767751]
He wants a pay rise and he probably deserves it as he isn't on the wages his ability commands it appears. This will be sorted soon enough IMO.
[/quote]

What does he get paid ?

Various articles have put him anywhere between 30k (which I find hard to believe) to 80k a week.

[quote author=Asim link=topic=34210.msg893523#msg893523 date=1245759606]
Fuck him, 'confortable'?
[/quote]

i am comfortable with him being comfortable

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=34210.msg893674#msg893674 date=1245774687]
[quote author=Biggus Dickus link=topic=34210.msg893626#msg893626 date=1245767751]
[/quote]

What does he get paid ?

Various articles have put him anywhere between 30k (which I find hard to believe) to 80k a week.
[/quote]

If he's only on 30k a week..ill eat my hat! And if I do indeed end up eating my hat and he is on 30k a week then in an £18 million transfer he only has either himself or joorabchian to blame if thats the contract he got from it.

Butif it comes down to it I think we should up his wages.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=34210.msg893674#msg893674 date=1245774687]
[/quote]

What does he get paid ?

[/quote]

I don't know as I am only going by the same reports however I would not be surprised if he is on less than we assume as Rafa was in a strong position when we signed him having resued him from obscurity (West Ham).

Lionel Messi has again urged Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano to consider a move to Barcelona.

The Argentine forward admits he would relish the opportunity to play alongside his fellow countryman at club level.

Following speculation he could leave Anfield this summer, Mascherano has been highly touted for a move to Camp Nou.

Admitting to being flattered by reported interest from the Spanish champions, as well as Real Madrid, the 25-year-old has dropped his biggest hint yet that he may switch to La Liga.

Encouraging his compatriot to consider a move to Barca, Messi admits a possible deal is exciting for him and the club.

"Of course I would like him to join," he told El Mundo Deportivo.

"Who would not want to play with great players like Javier? I hope he can come here."

Maybe Mascher could suggest to Messi that he sign for Liverpool instead?

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34210.msg894140#msg894140 date=1245845207]
Lionel Messi has again urged Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano to consider a move to Barcelona.

The Argentine forward admits he would relish the opportunity to play alongside his fellow countryman at club level.

Following speculation he could leave Anfield this summer, Mascherano has been highly touted for a move to Camp Nou.

Admitting to being flattered by reported interest from the Spanish champions, as well as Real Madrid, the 25-year-old has dropped his biggest hint yet that he may switch to La Liga.

Encouraging his compatriot to consider a move to Barca, Messi admits a possible deal is exciting for him and the club.

"Who would not want to play with great players like Javier? I hope he can come here."

[/quote]

dirk would keep messi on the bench

[/quote]

if 'mash' doesn't say something nice about us soon then i'm gonna turn against him.

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=34210.msg894153#msg894153 date=1245845791]

[/quote]

if 'mash' doesn't say something nice about us soon then i'm gonna turn against him.
[/quote]

'I'm comfortable at liverpool'.
what more do you want?

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34210.msg894154#msg894154 date=1245845879]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what more do you want?

[/quote]

i want to be more than friends.

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=34210.msg894155#msg894155 date=1245845976]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34210.msg894154#msg894154 date=1245845879]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what more do you want?

[/quote]

i want to be more than friends.
[/quote]

with me? all you have to do is ask skully 😉

[/quote]

I reckon you could take him.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=34210.msg894159#msg894159 date=1245846119]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I dunno, masher's teeth look pretty sharp.

[/quote]

[/quote]

do you really?

[quote author=Skullflower link=topic=34210.msg894165#msg894165 date=1245846484]

[/quote]

[/quote]

do you really?
[/quote]

He has a lot of aggression, but I think you're smart enough to outwit him for sure, Skulls.

From the NOTW rag today...

XABI ALONSO'S Liverpool future now depends on whether Real Madrid sign David Villa this week.

But Javier Mascherano seems certain to stay after Barcelona gave holding midfielder Yaya Toure a new contract until 2012.

Sounds promising.

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has reiterated his interest in Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano.

The Argentine is highly rated by the UEFA Champions League, Primera Liga and Copa del Rey winners as they look to reinforce ahead of the defence of an unprecedented Treble.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is desperate to hold onto the defence-minded Mascherano, who is an international team-mate of Barcelona star Lionel Messi, and insists he is not for sale at any price.

But Laporta, who handed holding midfielder Yaya Toure a new contract on Saturday, remains a fan of the 25-year-old, and could yet consider making the Premier League Reds an offer.

He told icat FM: "Mascherano is a close friend of Leo Messi. We will see what happens. He's a player I like very much."

Mascherano has previously confessed he is uncertain if his long-term future lies on Merseyside to increase speculation he could leave Anfield when his contract expires.

Real Madrid have also been linked with the ex-West Ham, River Plate and Corinthians player as the Bernabeu giants continue their lavish summer spending.

From the Mirror...

Rafa Benitez’s transfer plans could be thrown into chaos by a £25million bid from Barcelona for Javier Mascherano.

The Champions League holders are refusing to give up their pursuit of the Liverpool midfielder and are ready to test Benitez’s resolve with a concrete offer.

Sources close to the Argentina international say he would be interested in speaking to Barcelona who are willing to hand him a huge pay rise from £25,000-a-week to over £80,000-a-week.

The £25m fee would help finance Benitez’s rebuilding work at Anfield, but he can’t afford to let Mascherano leave with Xabi Alonso set to join Real Madrid.

The Reds boss will rebuff any bid from Barca, although he may have to hand Mascherano improved terms to keep him happy.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Alonso seems determined to quit Liverpool this summer and wants his future resolved before he is due to report back in just over two weeks’ time.

Benitez and Real remain poles apart in their valuation of Alonso with the Spanish giants only prepared to pay £22m and the Reds boss demanding £35m.

The two sides also cannot agree on a fee for Alvaro Arbeloa either. Real have offered £3m but Benitez wants at least £5m.

Arbeloa’s agent, Manuel Garcia Quilon, is in Madrid for talks with Real and the deal is expected to be completed in the next few days.

In another blow to Benitez’s plans, £7m flop Andrea Dossena claims he is happy to stay at Liverpool as Juventus’s interest in him cools. In better news for Benitez, Argentinian winger Sebastian Leto has completed his switch to Panathinaikos, swelling his transfer kitty by £3m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom